International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ishant more than capable to stay with Jaddu. Only question is can he keep out Rashid?

Excellent knocks by both Pant and Rahul. They stuck to their play style and they flourished. Pant may have an ugly technique but getting runs and gritting it out is all that matters. Rahul has come back strongly and something tells me he'll score a lot of runs in Australia if there's those dead and flat tracks on offer. Finally he does something everyone knows he's capable of doing.

B

Bigby Wolf

19 overs to go with 3 wickets in hand. Lets see whether India can hang around for a draw or England take the series 4 -1 to give Cook a farewell victory?
So its 4-1 in the end after a roller coaster of a day.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
I think Kohli summed it up, series' like these are great adverts for test cricket.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think Kohli summed it up, series' like these are great adverts for test cricket.
Yes it was a great series, ball always having advantage over bat, and exciting games other than Lords

4-1 flattered England but not complaining:p

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Read somewhere that Rishabh Pant became the first Indian wicket keeper to score a test century in England .

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Very good series to watch if you neutral cricket fan. Apart from Lord's, all the matches were very competitive and fun to watch. Of course it's disappointing an an Indian fan to lose yet another test series overseas which we felt like we should have won. It kind of feels like South Africa series all over again. Even in that series, bowlers were outstanding, Virat was the standout batsmen and others batsmen failed which means we ended up on the losing side.

I will start with the openers. Dhawan is not a test match player and any cricket fan will know this by now. Selectors and team management must move on from Dhawan just like they did with Rohit. This thing of making him Sehwag 2.0 is jut not working and I think it's time to give someone like Prithvi Shaw a chance. We can still keep Dhawan for limited overs where he has actually done well. However, I don't want to see him in Indian test team anymore because he is just going to struggle as soon as we travel overseas. I really hope selectors don't give him a chance for that WI series other he will make a couple of hundred there and book his spot for Australia tour. Of course then to go on and repeat the same thing again. Even though KL Rahul did score a fine century today, he has been very disappointing on this tour. It did look like he was found out by those in coming deliveries. I have previously stated this as well that I do see him as an all format player. I think he can be a regular opener for India if he can become a little more consistent.

Going on to the middle order, Pujara is the rock of this Indian batting line-up. However, he too needs to be much more consistent that what he has been. That inning that he played in Southampton test match was Pujara at his best. If India wants to win a test series overseas, Pujara needs to play more innings like that at a consistent level. The team management and captain must give him security of his place in the team so that he doesn't feel any pressure from at least inside the dressing room. He is a proper test match player that we have and we must protect him in order to get the best out of him. The same can be applied to Rahane as well. Even though I felt that Rahane has been very poor in this series. Rahane is a confidence player and he must be down on confidence when he got dropped in South Africa only to come back and contribute to India's win in the last match of that series. What I saw in this series from him was a shadow of the batsman that we saw in that 2014 England series. He got out at crucial stages playing false shots time and time again. Both Pujara and Rahane are very integral part of this Indian test team and they should be given confidence by the team management and the captain that they will be there throughout a series. However, in response both Pujara and Rahane needs to perform to maintain the confidence that the captain has shown in them. I don't think I need to say much about Virat Kohli because he has been the only shining light in our batting on this tour.

Number 6 is very awkward spot right now. Even though I do believe Hardik is the x-facotr player that we need at this spot, he hasn't helped his case much throughout this series. When he is on song, he has the ability to win a game on his own like he did in that Trent Bridge match. However, those performances are few and far in between and consistency is not there as of yet. On some days, he looks outstanding and on the others, he hardly looks like an International cricketer. Hanuma Vihari did alright in his first match but I do think we will need that 5th bowling option when we travel to Australia. Vihari's spin bowling might not be very helpful on those wickets and Hardik right now seems to be the only other option to me.

Pant has I think bought himself some more time with the outstanding century that he scored today. Yes he has had tough time keeping but I feel he did his best for someone who is on their first tour of England as a keeper without any prior experiance. I do feel that he is someone who can be persisted with as he has age on his side and with experience, he will only get better. He is also one of those players who is an all-format player.

For the spinner's spot, I think Ashwin started this tour very well but since he got that hip injury in the 3rd test, it started to go wayward for him. I don't think he was 100% when he was picked for 4th test match but India still decided to go with him. Jadeja did alright in this test match but I would still go for Ashwin as the primary spinner come the Australia tour.

I can't the fast bowlers one bit as they all have been absolutely brilliant throughout the series. The only criticism they might get is that they have lacked that final blow and have allowed the tail enders to score a lot of runs. They need to learn how to close the innings once they have their opponent down for 90 for 6 or 100 for 7. In this series, we saw that the lower order of England scored some crucial runs which resulted in England winning 2 tests which we should have won. However, this is clearly the best fast bowling unit that we have had in our history and as a fan, we can just hope that they continue this performance when we travel to Australia.

My team for 1st WI test would be:

Shaw
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Shami/
Ishant/Bhuvi
Bumrah

Reserve: Vihari, Pandya, Ishant/Bhuvi, Mayank

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Very good series to watch if you neutral cricket fan. Apart from Lord's, all the matches were very competitive and fun to watch. Of course it's disappointing an an Indian fan to lose yet another test series overseas which we felt like we should have won. It kind of feels like South Africa series all over again. Even in that series, bowlers were outstanding, Virat was the standout batsmen and others batsmen failed which means we ended up on the losing side.

I will start with the openers. Dhawan is not a test match player and any cricket fan will know this by now. Selectors and team management must move on from Dhawan just like they did with Rohit. This thing of making him Sehwag 2.0 is jut not working and I think it's time to give someone like Prithvi Shaw a chance. We can still keep Dhawan for limited overs where he has actually done well. However, I don't want to see him in Indian test team anymore because he is just going to struggle as soon as we travel overseas. I really hope selectors don't give him a chance for that WI series other he will make a couple of hundred there and book his spot for Australia tour. Of course then to go on and repeat the same thing again. Even though KL Rahul did score a fine century today, he has been very disappointing on this tour. It did look like he was found out by those in coming deliveries. I have previously stated this as well that I do see him as an all format player. I think he can be a regular opener for India if he can become a little more consistent.

Going on to the middle order, Pujara is the rock of this Indian batting line-up. However, he too needs to be much more consistent that what he has been. That inning that he played in Southampton test match was Pujara at his best. If India wants to win a test series overseas, Pujara needs to play more innings like that at a consistent level. The team management and captain must give him security of his place in the team so that he doesn't feel any pressure from at least inside the dressing room. He is a proper test match player that we have and we must protect him in order to get the best out of him. The same can be applied to Rahane as well. Even though I felt that Rahane has been very poor in this series. Rahane is a confidence player and he must be down on confidence when he got dropped in South Africa only to come back and contribute to India's win in the last match of that series. What I saw in this series from him was a shadow of the batsman that we saw in that 2014 England series. He got out at crucial stages playing false shots time and time again. Both Pujara and Rahane are very integral part of this Indian test team and they should be given confidence by the team management and the captain that they will be there throughout a series. However, in response both Pujara and Rahane needs to perform to maintain the confidence that the captain has shown in them. I don't think I need to say much about Virat Kohli because he has been the only shining light in our batting on this tour.

Number 6 is very awkward spot right now. Even though I do believe Hardik is the x-facotr player that we need at this spot, he hasn't helped his case much throughout this series. When he is on song, he has the ability to win a game on his own like he did in that Trent Bridge match. However, those performances are few and far in between and consistency is not there as of yet. On some days, he looks outstanding and on the others, he hardly looks like an International cricketer. Hanuma Vihari did alright in his first match but I do think we will need that 5th bowling option when we travel to Australia. Vihari's spin bowling might not be very helpful on those wickets and Hardik right now seems to be the only other option to me.

Pant has I think bought himself some more time with the outstanding century that he scored today. Yes he has had tough time keeping but I feel he did his best for someone who is on their first tour of England as a keeper without any prior experiance. I do feel that he is someone who can be persisted with as he has age on his side and with experience, he will only get better. He is also one of those players who is an all-format player.

For the spinner's spot, I think Ashwin started this tour very well but since he got that hip injury in the 3rd test, it started to go wayward for him. I don't think he was 100% when he was picked for 4th test match but India still decided to go with him. Jadeja did alright in this test match but I would still go for Ashwin as the primary spinner come the Australia tour.

I can't the fast bowlers one bit as they all have been absolutely brilliant throughout the series. The only criticism they might get is that they have lacked that final blow and have allowed the tail enders to score a lot of runs. They need to learn how to close the innings once they have their opponent down for 90 for 6 or 100 for 7. In this series, we saw that the lower order of England scored some crucial runs which resulted in England winning 2 tests which we should have won. However, this is clearly the best fast bowling unit that we have had in our history and as a fan, we can just hope that they continue this performance when we travel to Australia.

Shaw
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Shami/
Ishant/Bhuvi
Bumrah

So Vihari should be in the squad having looked terrible on debut and made 50 odd runs in a test but Nair should be dropped again? Sounds stupid.

Bhumi

Club Captain
So Vihari should be in the squad having looked terrible on debut and made 50 odd runs in a test but Nair should be dropped again? Sounds stupid.
Why terrible ? 3 wickets and 56 for first trip in england lot better than Virat with average of 13.00 in 2014.

how terribleJohnny Bairstow lately? NAIR should retire because he is not test match material NO LONGER. yes he can restarts his career in FC

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
NAIR should retire because he is not test match material NO LONGER. yes he can restarts his career in FC

Nair will replace Rahane. Rahane should retire.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

Sure he looked terrible but he did contribute a handy 50 in the first inning which was much needed at that time. I would take that any day over someone playing couple of clorious cover drives and throwing their wicket away in the next over. He was playing his first international match, there will be nervousness and jitters. He came out scored a 50 and got 3 wickets. He also came in at 100 for 4 and stayed there with Virat and Jadeja to make sure we get to a decent total. I think that was alright for his debut game. I don't know if it was his bowling that put him ahead of Nair or that he batted better than him in the nets but he has got the nod for now and if we do go by logic, I don't see how Nair can come back into the team without Vihari being given another chance. I said this before as well, I don't have anything against Nair but if Vihari is picked ahead of him in this game, I think it's a clear sign that Vihari is likely to get a first chance before Nair in the next game or series as well.

If they do decide now to bring in Nair before Vihari, that will look stupid. Not the other way around.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
If they do decide now to bring in Nair before Vihari, that will look stupid. Not the other way around.

Hanumas recent batting form is outstanding and he can bowl to, that's why he got selected ahead of Karun. Karun got his maiden call up only for Anil Kumble.

Bhumi

Club Captain
Sure he looked terrible but he did contribute a handy 50 in the first inning which was much needed at that time. I would take that any day over someone playing couple of clorious cover drives and throwing their wicket away in the next over. He was playing his first international match, there will be nervousness and jitters. He came out scored a 50 and got 3 wickets. He also came in at 100 for 4 and stayed there with Virat and Jadeja to make sure we get to a decent total. I think that was alright for his debut game. I don't know if it was his bowling that put him ahead of Nair or that he batted better than him in the nets but he has got the nod for now and if we do go by logic, I don't see how Nair can come back into the team without Vihari being given another chance. I said this before as well, I don't have anything against Nair but if Vihari is picked ahead of him in this game, I think it's a clear sign that Vihari is likely to get a first chance before Nair in the next game or series as well.

Nair 20/30 run guy.he told to vishwanth' I wants to forget,i ever hit 300 vs England at road'.

He is most un-likely to pick for Rajkot test.

Bhumi

Club Captain
Hanumas recent batting form is outstanding and he can bowl to, that's why he got selected ahead of Karun. Karun got his maiden call up only for Anil Kumble.
Not true.he was selected because he hits most 4/6 during net practice.

Bhumi

Club Captain

Shaw
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Shami/
Ishant/Bhuvi
Bumrah

We do not need 3 seam bowler in( Rajkot and Hyderabad
Venue in India) not in Dharamsala,india.

I would pick kuldeep.bhuvi might return koz we do not need ishant in India, he know that.bumrah/bhumi enough in india.

Users who are viewing this thread