Big Bash Boom | Big Ant's New Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Maybe it's just bad luck that the Steam release happened on the same day as the start of the Steam winter sale, but it's not great timing. I'm guessing that most people on Steam now are looking for discounted games, not a new game.

suddyz

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats me even i have the review

Any better than the PS4 version ? Also does the ashes blobset tool work with regards to modding ?

suddyz

Club Captain
Still early days but Day 1 sales looked to have been abysmal, I know cricket games are a niche market and all but even compared to DBC 17 and Ashes Cricket this is a pretty poor showing. Considering Ashes Cricket is on sale on the steam store for £9.99, there's no reason to get this game.

6mQpD7c.png

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Which review was yours? So far it's one not recommended and one recommended (more than just minor bugs in the game, game is far from finished as it stands)
Mine is not recommended[DOUBLEPOST=1545478607][/DOUBLEPOST]
Any better than the PS4 version ? Also does the ashes blobset tool work with regards to modding ?
Nope

issue

Associate Captain
Nope to both ?
Not better than Ps4 patch yet to come & blobset I am not sure[DOUBLEPOST=1545480322][/DOUBLEPOST]I don’t think they can make any cricket game after this the way they had handled big bash boom.this is just my thoughts

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It seems an odd strategy to have a more comprehensive game heavily discounted at the same time you release a more niche game at full price. Why not bundle the two? Buy Big Bash Boom and get Ashes free.
Exactly. Why someone will go for big bash if they have the option to buy Ashes Cricket for cheap. Which is in fact most full fledge cricket game

suddyz

Club Captain
It seems an odd strategy to have a more comprehensive game heavily discounted at the same time you release a more niche game at full price. Why not bundle the two? Buy Big Bash Boom and get Ashes free.

Yeah spot on mate, I suspect that they thought that there's enough to differentiate between the 2 games (Arcade /Sim) but really they may inadvertently cannibalise their own sales.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

Marketing doesn't appear to be their strong suit to say the least... The game feels very rushed together the more I play it, the more things I notice wrong with the game, unless the patches so far have caused more issues (has happened with other games by Big Ant as they are patched)

issue

Associate Captain
Anyhow I didn’t liked the game so I am getting steam refund not sure if ps store Xbox store has that flexibility ‍♂️

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Anyhow I didn’t liked the game so I am getting steam refund not sure if ps store Xbox store has that flexibility ‍♂️

Been a bit too long for me to get a refund on PS4, so I'll keep playing it here and there and see what future patches do, think there has been 4-5 since launch and not a great deal has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread