OTHER Snooker 19

D

Dutch

Apart from the reviewer himself not playing snooker (!) it looks quite polished.....

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good to see that some of the issues are going to be fixed.

The AI defensive play is a bit weird, when you play a low ranked player (below 60) they play "proper" defensive shots but the higher ranked players just roll up to the ball. I am enjoying the game, even with the issues, ball physics etc are spot on and had a really excellent match playing with one of friend's who came over last night.
Can you check following if possible

• Ai needs a snooker , does it ever pot a red and then roll up behind the colour for easy snooker , instead of potting colour then try snooker on a red :facepalm
  • Ai is for example 34 behind with one red left on table (so 35 available). Does ai pot red then plays position on any colour , when in reality it should play for black or pink else will force itself to need snookers

Both issues were present in previous snooker games by these developers and wondered if they finally fixed them ?

kamy100

Associate Captain
I will try and do that tonight and record a video.

D

Deleted member 193590

In fairness Ripstone games are saying the following are fixed in day one patch

• Black screen after every shot
  • 16 points awarded for a foul
  • Players disappearing after playing shot

No mention of rest being left on table after shot or the AI terrible defensive play - I have cancelled my pre order as I am old enough not to get caught up in the hype and will wait till feedback says game is at a state I want to play :p

where did you read this zim?

D

Deleted member 193590

If anyone has pre-ordered snooker 19 for ps4,you can now download it ready for Wednesday it's 8.5GB.think the day 1 patch has gone live also.

Last edited by a moderator:

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I think these 2 snooker games are going to be like fifa and pes.snooker 19 has all the licensing and the flashy presentation and probably quite arcadey,where as this is snooker will probably play better,but will feel quite barebones?

I've lost count of the number I've said that if there was a game that combined this feature from game A, and that feature from game B, it'd be a great game. I'm sure we've all said it.

D

Deleted member 193590

Patch is out. Video post patch:

Looks a lot better now.
Spoke to soon,just seen a video where Selby played every shot with the rest :lol
Also commentary is already getting on my tits.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dutch

Mmmmm....the safety play is wierd wouldnt you say? I still dont like the animations but the physics seem reasonable....not a buy for me yet....how you finding it?

JoeS31

County Cricketer
The AI are making some ridiculous pots that no one in real life would even consider attempting, that's going to frustrate the life out of me!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks a lot better now.
Spoke to soon,just seen a video where Selby played every shot with the rest :lol
Also commentary is already getting on my tits.

The AI are making some ridiculous pots that no one in real life would even consider attempting, that's going to frustrate the life out of me!

Honestly these are the same sort of issues that have plagued the devs for 2 decades now.

For those people enjoying the game I am
sincerely pleased for them but I am sticking with my modded WSC 2005 until game improves

Users who are viewing this thread