Career mode Ability points

TomEmilioDavies

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So many skill points, so little to spend it in. D857BF54-0BF0-48A8-9879-4E309F05C161.jpeg[DOUBLEPOST=1562036687][/DOUBLEPOST]
currently i am at level 52 and have more than 1200 skill points, with 11 ability points but not able to unlock the bowling locked bars to apply skills. Anyone els facing similar issues?

Mate I’m in pretty much the exact same situation. Also level 52, also have about 1200 skill points. I have 9 bowling ability points but It’s also locked. Yeah I’m facing somewhat similar issues.

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
You earn ability points by filling that particular skills bar. After each match you get xp (towards your level and skill points) and batting/bowling/fielding points, based on things like your performance.

Depending on what role you are (Bowler, batsman etc) your skills have a maximum level, so a bowler should be able to unlock, and buy, max level on all/most bowling skills, whilst an all-rounder might only be able to unlock and buy up to the second-to-last tier of bowling skills.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We need a proper explanation on this from BA or at least by the in game career mode Assistant/Manager.

imran102b

School Cricketer
I am struggling to get my fielding up, my bowling and batting skills are improving but fielding is just stuck where it is.

Yeah same issue with fielding no improvement at all. My other concerning issue is that i have 13 ability points in bowling and over 1300 skill points and level 51, two bars of my bowling ability are still lock and i am not able to unblock by pressing Y in xbox even though i have ability and skills. Is anyone els facing this kind of issue?

beamboy420

School Cricketer
Yeah same issue with fielding no improvement at all. My other concerning issue is that i have 13 ability points in bowling and over 1300 skill points and level 51, two bars of my bowling ability are still lock and i am not able to unblock by pressing Y in xbox even though i have ability and skills. Is anyone els facing this kind of issue?

Hi. I have similar issue I have 10 ability points and 84 skills points. Lots of stuff to unlock but I am unable to. Any suggestions as to what I should do and why this happens ?

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I've maxed out my bowling skills and I'm only in my second season of FC cricket. Seems a bit dodge.

adamrg

School Cricketer
Already! Wow. I preferred the skill system in Ashes cricket tbh. Can't get my head around this new system :noway
Preferred the skill system in DBC14, however I can see why they changed it. It just became a long grind to get the skills high enough for international level

bptuner

School Cricketer
I've maxed out my bowling skills and I'm only in my second season of FC cricket. Seems a bit dodge.
If you think thats dodge, my 18-year old bowler has 90 something rated bowling, 70 overall and I'm still playing club cricket. Everything maxed except swing, sitting at 4 full bars out of 5.

StrongAsAnOx

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
If you think thats dodge, my 18-year old bowler has 90 something rated bowling, 70 overall and I'm still playing club cricket. Everything maxed except swing, sitting at 4 full bars out of 5.

So in one season you maxed it out?!

What settings?

bptuner

School Cricketer
Veteran AI with 55 wicket chance, batter timing and bowling quality and 75 run rate, Hard Batting, Medium Bowling, Medium Fielding
bnFsnng.jpg

avkevdW.jpg

5o6uCDC.jpg

bptuner

School Cricketer
I am struggling to get my fielding up, my bowling and batting skills are improving but fielding is just stuck where it is.
Your fielding only seems to go up if you actually get a wicket through a run out, catch or stumping. The most efficient way is to place yourself in any slip position if the bowler is playing that field. If theres any slips in play, press the touchpad in on the PS4 controller (or your console equivalent for quickly accessing the field) and put yourself into a slip position.

For some reason if you go through the start menu way, you cant adjust anyone else's field unless your captain but you can change anyone's field without being captain by accessing the field settting through "quick tactics" option.

This works best when your brought on for a spell in a test or ODI (not enough edges to waste time in T20s); spend the time between overs in the slips. It also breaks up bowling and creates good mental flow, atleast for me anyway. With some persistence, you'll eventually get a reflex catch or two, worth 300 fielding XP a piece. If your captain and a batsman, you can forego bowling and set yourself as WK which will also create more chances to catch an edge. Never bother playing fine leg, ever.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Veteran AI with 55 wicket chance, batter timing and bowling quality and 75 run rate, Hard Batting, Medium Bowling, Medium Fielding
bnFsnng.jpg

avkevdW.jpg

5o6uCDC.jpg
You’ve only played 7 matches tbf, maybe make selection difficulty easy then turn it back to normal. I got selected in fc at the end of my second club season.

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You’ve only played 7 matches tbf, maybe make selection difficulty easy then turn it back to normal. I got selected in fc at the end of my second club season.
So I am not the only one who is using easy selection difficulty? Did you use it?

Users who are viewing this thread