Career mode Ability points

Discussion in 'Cricket 19' started by imran102b, Jun 23, 2019.

1. TomEmilioDavies Club Captain

TomEmilioDavies
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    WA, Scorchers
    So many skill points, so little to spend it in. D857BF54-0BF0-48A8-9879-4E309F05C161.jpeg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 2, 2019 ---
    Mate I’m in pretty much the exact same situation. Also level 52, also have about 1200 skill points. I have 9 bowling ability points but It’s also locked. Yeah I’m facing somewhat similar issues.

2. Believe Club Captain

Believe
    National Team:
    Black Caps
    Domestic Team:
    Northern Districts
    You earn ability points by filling that particular skills bar. After each match you get xp (towards your level and skill points) and batting/bowling/fielding points, based on things like your performance.

Depending on what role you are (Bowler, batsman etc) your skills have a maximum level, so a bowler should be able to unlock, and buy, max level on all/most bowling skills, whilst an all-rounder might only be able to unlock and buy up to the second-to-last tier of bowling skills.

3. Master Khan Panel of Selectors

Master Khan
    AKA:
    Ahmedyar Khan
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Nottinghamshire, Peshawar Zalmi
    I am struggling to get my fielding up, my bowling and batting skills are improving but fielding is just stuck where it is.

TomEmilioDavies and imran102b thanked this.
  4. Ashy1985 County Cricketer

Ashy1985
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Chennai Super Kings
    We need a proper explanation on this from BA or at least by the in game career mode Assistant/Manager.

5. imran102b School Cricketer

Yeah same issue with fielding no improvement at all. My other concerning issue is that i have 13 ability points in bowling and over 1300 skill points and level 51, two bars of my bowling ability are still lock and i am not able to unblock by pressing Y in xbox even though i have ability and skills. Is anyone els facing this kind of issue?

6. beamboy420 School Cricketer

Hi. I have similar issue I have 10 ability points and 84 skills points. Lots of stuff to unlock but I am unable to. Any suggestions as to what I should do and why this happens ?

chunky120717 said thanks for this.
  7. passwordistaco Associate Captain

passwordistaco
    I've maxed out my bowling skills and I'm only in my second season of FC cricket. Seems a bit dodge.

8. Syed Ali Gaming Club Captain

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Middlesex
    Already! Wow. I preferred the skill system in Ashes cricket tbh. Can't get my head around this new system :noway

9. adamrg School Cricketer

Preferred the skill system in DBC14, however I can see why they changed it. It just became a long grind to get the skills high enough for international level

10. bptuner School Cricketer

If you think thats dodge, my 18-year old bowler has 90 something rated bowling, 70 overall and I'm still playing club cricket. Everything maxed except swing, sitting at 4 full bars out of 5.

11. StrongAsAnOx School Cricketer

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Yorkshire
    So in one season you maxed it out?!

What settings?

12. bptuner School Cricketer

Veteran AI with 55 wicket chance, batter timing and bowling quality and 75 run rate, Hard Batting, Medium Bowling, Medium Fielding
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

StrongAsAnOx and DAP thanked this.
  13. bptuner School Cricketer

Your fielding only seems to go up if you actually get a wicket through a run out, catch or stumping. The most efficient way is to place yourself in any slip position if the bowler is playing that field. If theres any slips in play, press the touchpad in on the PS4 controller (or your console equivalent for quickly accessing the field) and put yourself into a slip position.

For some reason if you go through the start menu way, you cant adjust anyone else's field unless your captain but you can change anyone's field without being captain by accessing the field settting through "quick tactics" option.

This works best when your brought on for a spell in a test or ODI (not enough edges to waste time in T20s); spend the time between overs in the slips. It also breaks up bowling and creates good mental flow, atleast for me anyway. With some persistence, you'll eventually get a reflex catch or two, worth 300 fielding XP a piece. If your captain and a batsman, you can forego bowling and set yourself as WK which will also create more chances to catch an edge. Never bother playing fine leg, ever.

14. passwordistaco Associate Captain

passwordistaco
    You’ve only played 7 matches tbf, maybe make selection difficulty easy then turn it back to normal. I got selected in fc at the end of my second club season.

DAP said thanks for this.
  15. DAP ICC Board Member

DAP
    AKA:
    Dharya
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Royal Challengers Bangalore
    So I am not the only one who is using easy selection difficulty? Did you use it?