Cricket 19 General Discussion

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I am facing an issue with local multiplayer. Invert batting is on but it is not working. shots are going to opposite side. then i turned it off still no luck. so it is difficult to play shots. in single player match there is no issue. is this a bug?[DOUBLEPOST=1565882045][/DOUBLEPOST]

steam purchase
Cricket academy is the best place to get squads with updated faces/kits/bats etc. Look at @Llewelynf, @Snowy and @wasteyouryouth for most international sides, while Wasteyouryouth and myself have done work on some domestic sides. Not all are fully finished yet but its a good base.

tosser182

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am facing an issue with local multiplayer. Invert batting is on but it is not working. shots are going to opposite side. then i turned it off still no luck. so it is difficult to play shots. in single player match there is no issue. is this a bug?

This was definitely an issue in the last game, I'd be amazed if they still haven't fixed it

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Does anybody know how to leave the ball when batting on nintendo switch when using standard controls.It says LS but that does not work.I think that is for classic controls only.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Does anybody know how to leave the ball when batting on nintendo switch when using standard controls.It says LS but that does not work.I think that is for classic controls only.
You can go to settings and change it A. I have my leave on A.

khan31

International Coach
This was definitely an issue in the last game, I'd be amazed if they still haven't fixed it
On PS4 - I have two profiles set up with the settings individually done as primary users. Each signed in to a controller when playing offline multiplayer. Seems to work then.

Is it possible to do something similar on steam?

Last edited:

khan31

International Coach
Didn't they release a patch last week?

I think the chap wants some dialogue from BA to know a bit more about what their plans are for this game. It's radio silence and then the odd small patch at increasingly infrequent intervals.

Im not sure what your backstory is, but your posts don't often add anything to the discussion. I wouldnt mind some decent humour but the way you jump all over other users, anyone would think BA pays your bills. Please stop trying so hard.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I think the chap wants some dialogue from BA to know a bit more about what their plans are for this game. It's radio silence and then the odd small patch at increasingly infrequent intervals.

Im not sure what your backstory is, but your posts don't often add anything to the discussion. I wouldnt mind some decent humour but the way you jump all over other users, anyone would think BA pays your bills. Please stop trying so hard.

Just thought it was odd how “everything had died down” despite a patch coming out last week.

No need to overthink it.

tosser182

Club Captain
I've seen a lot of people say user created fields are very slow and difficult to score off - or at least there's a noticeable difference between those and the on-disk ones. Out of interest does anyone have an example of stadiums they've downloaded that does this?

Recently downloaded and created some more stadiums and this is a definite issue. I've just batted 50 overs at Exeter scoring 316 with just two fours.

I made one stadium shortly after the game was released and have no problems with it, so maybe this relates to one of the patches.

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Is there anyway to make AI edges go to slips? No matter how many slips I have, AI will either edge it to the keeper (9/10 times), or just beyond the slips. I even had 4 slips and a gully but two three edges still went wider than gully for four.

Most of my dismissals are either keeper catch or bowled, playing my 5th test match and I've yet to get a single dismissal in the slips. Really ruining the game immersion for me now.

Willoughby63

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
Is there anyway to make AI edges go to slips? No matter how many slips I have, AI will either edge it to the keeper (9/10 times), or just beyond the slips. I even had 4 slips and a gully but two three edges still went wider than gully for four.

Most of my dismissals are either keeper catch or bowled, playing my 5th test match and I've yet to get a single dismissal in the slips. Really ruining the game immersion for me now.
This is definitely a problem, which in my opinion could be fixed by the addition of a wide gully fielding position.

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
This is definitely a problem, which in my opinion could be fixed by the addition of a wide gully fielding position.

But the problem is if I take out a slip or two, I've seen edges going through there. For example, last night Holder got a 50 so I only kept 2nd and 4th slip and a gully and one of the edges went right in the 3rd slip position for four. It's like the only place edges go(with the exception of the keeper) is where the fielders are not placed. I also saw a lot of inside edges go for four.

Out of 20 dismissals in my last test match, 19 of them are either bowled or caught behind. And 1 lbw. Seems like slips is a very useless fielding position right now

adamrg

School Cricketer
But the problem is if I take out a slip or two, I've seen edges going through there. For example, last night Holder got a 50 so I only kept 2nd and 4th slip and a gully and one of the edges went right in the 3rd slip position for four. It's like the only place edges go(with the exception of the keeper) is where the fielders are not placed. I also saw a lot of inside edges go for four.

Out of 20 dismissals in my last test match, 19 of them are either bowled or caught behind. And 1 lbw. Seems like slips is a very useless fielding position right now

I've had my 'keeper take a diving catch as wide as outside of 2nd slip, so rarely have 1st and 2nd slips involved unless inside the first 10-15 overs of a test match.

fezza

Club Captain
I've found that as soon as I take out second or third slip accidental edges start being generated that go through the gap. There is clearly some scripting here to provide an artificial penalty when you remove slips.

That said first slip seems useless as the keeper always seems to magically leap across and take a catch there. This is the same keeper who runs forward and gives away byes to bouncers. There seems to be nothing you can do to stop this. (A workaround is to take out first slip and make him a backstop on the boundary if you are bowling bouncers... but that is just silly and uncricketlike.)

These are issues that should have been sorted by now. They are not minor quirks as they fundamentally affect fielding positions.

Users who are viewing this thread