Editor for Cricket Captain 2020 (Release)

Lenix43

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there any update on a version of the editor with non hidden stats Harry?

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Since you are able to edit the player selection before each match is the data of match conditions available and changeable, such as wear and bounce?

I had a quick look, but all I could find immediately was the age of the ball (in overs).

It's still on the to-do list, but I need to think of some new approach to finding these things.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Is there any update on a version of the editor with non hidden stats Harry?

I assume you're referring to hidden attributes and not stats. Stats should be visible and editable (except when the player being edited has zero appearances in a given format - this bug has been reported, but I haven't fixed it yet).

I think people are generally able to do what they need with the existing player editor. I don't see a pressing need to go against the developers' wishes and reveal hidden attributes.

Lenix43

School Cricketer
Question Harry, normally in game a player can only be coached to change batting agression up or down one step, average to aggressive for example.

If I adjust a player in the editor to be aggressive rather than average for example can I still coach him one step so therefore very aggressive or does the game recognise him as already changed?

Lenix43

School Cricketer
Also a suggestion, it would be nice to be able to benchmark a player to a certain level.

For example if I know what my top 6 batsman are going to be. It would be nice to have an easy way to set a young batsman as say 10% below the average ability of the top 6 to reflect their position on the fringes but putting them close enough to hopefully improve and break into the side.

An example would be Ben Charlesworth, England under 19 international and a player who has made a few fleeting appearances in the Gloucestershire side and scored a few decent 50s. In game he's poor, I'd like to make him good enough that he will break into my side within the first couple seasons without risking rating him too good or making him worse than he already is. All I know at the moment is that he's bad so its difficult to know what % to nudge him up by so something to help would be so useful.

lojoda

School Cricketer
I had a quick look, but all I could find immediately was the age of the ball (in overs).

It's still on the to-do list, but I need to think of some new approach to finding these things.
Thanks for looking into it. Does it just say ball age 0 at the start of the match then?
Also do you think features such as changing squads and conditions(maybe) could be allowed on normal mode, as it can’t be used to cheat online? Same conditions for both teams so no advantage I would think.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Question Harry, normally in game a player can only be coached to change batting agression up or down one step, average to aggressive for example.

If I adjust a player in the editor to be aggressive rather than average for example can I still coach him one step so therefore very aggressive or does the game recognise him as already changed?

I don't know. Try it out and let me know.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Also a suggestion, it would be nice to be able to benchmark a player to a certain level.

For example if I know what my top 6 batsman are going to be. It would be nice to have an easy way to set a young batsman as say 10% below the average ability of the top 6 to reflect their position on the fringes but putting them close enough to hopefully improve and break into the side.

An example would be Ben Charlesworth, England under 19 international and a player who has made a few fleeting appearances in the Gloucestershire side and scored a few decent 50s. In game he's poor, I'd like to make him good enough that he will break into my side within the first couple seasons without risking rating him too good or making him worse than he already is. All I know at the moment is that he's bad so its difficult to know what % to nudge him up by so something to help would be so useful.

The editor isn't really capable of creating players to match some specific requirement because the structure of the player data is unknown (beyond a few visible attributes - such as batting aggression and preferences - and a couple of guesses: "ability" and "potential"). I will add this to the FAQ when I have time because I find myself having to explain this quite often.[DOUBLEPOST=1595995801][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for looking into it. Does it just say ball age 0 at the start of the match then?
Also do you think features such as changing squads and conditions(maybe) could be allowed on normal mode, as it can’t be used to cheat online? Same conditions for both teams so no advantage I would think.

I currently have no intention to create a Normal mode editor. If this situation ever changes, I will mention it here.

RM19

School Cricketer
There’s no Papua New Guinea in nationality list at the moment. Is it possible to add PNG in the nationality list?

Lenix43

School Cricketer
I assume you're referring to hidden attributes and not stats. Stats should be visible and editable (except when the player being edited has zero appearances in a given format - this bug has been reported, but I haven't fixed it yet).

I think people are generally able to do what they need with the existing player editor. I don't see a pressing need to go against the developers' wishes and reveal hidden attributes.

Ah that's a shame I was hoping to do a long term study on technique training and wanted visibility of attributes to quantify it.

Paul Phil Moroney

School Cricketer
Thanks for the editor.
It's been fantastic,
I'm a Kent fan,
So i swapped some players out and searched the retired players and made them 18-20 years old, e.g derek underwood, W Grace, F Wolley, L Ames and some other e.g S Warne, Bradman, Lara K Pietersen, I Botham, so should be fun.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for the editor.
It's been fantastic,
I'm a Kent fan,
So i swapped some players out and searched the retired players and made them 18-20 years old, e.g derek underwood, W Grace, F Wolley, L Ames and some other e.g S Warne, Bradman, Lara K Pietersen, I Botham, so should be fun.

I'd be very interested to hear how that goes as I haven't had much time to test it.

(I assume you used the Transfer Editor to swap in those players from the database).

Please let me know if you run into any issues.

RuhanSimon

School Cricketer
@weetabixharry - Thank you for the good work. Would you be willing to share the 'scout' or potential ability visible version with me? I am very keen 'management type' games player.
I've been playing these games, especially Football Manager for years! Currently giving this series a try and quite enjoying it. I do like to find the young talents and training them.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread