Wealey's Realism Gameplay Tweaks

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Happy New Year Everyone!

As most people are well aware the release of this title certainly hasnt gone to plan. However, with every game I like to make the most of it and try and recreate the most authentic realistic games as the game will allow me. BA will continue to update and I will continue to tweak send back feedback which hopefully will mean less tweaking... but since i enjoy it i thought why not crack on already!

I recently put a post on the general discussion post about how I have been reskilling teams and found that you can:

• Eliminate last ball smash
  • Eliminate AI boundary every over or every other over
  • Allow you bowl maidens
  • AI start to play and miss far more
  • More variation in wickets
  • More realist accumulation of runs from the AI
  • Generally more humanised AI with a feel of anything can happen.
  • Create weakness and genuine strengths for batsmen.
The purpose for this one was to recrete the pitch we saw in the recent South Africa v India test and allow the user to feel like the seamers are on top and it would need something special from one of the batters to get a good score.

We know spinners are powerful, but I wanted to create that sense of feeling for a seam attack.

Along with this I tweak and set up the pitches how i feel they should be for that country and the deck I want to portray.

I will write up the skills and how im going about all this but I wanted to highlight how the gameplay looks so far after 40 overs of the first test.

Groundsman says it would do a bit all game! Enjoy!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Happy New Year Everyone!

As most people are well aware the release of this title certainly hasnt gone to plan. However, with every game I like to make the most of it and try and recreate the most authentic realistic games as the game will allow me. BA will continue to update and I will continue to tweak send back feedback which hopefully will mean less tweaking... but since i enjoy it i thought why not crack on already!

I recently put a post on the general discussion post about how I have been reskilling teams and found that you can:

• Allow you bowl maidens
The purpose for this one was to recrete the pitch we saw in the recent South Africa v India test and allow the user to feel like the seamers are on top and it would need something special from one of the batters to get a good score.

We know spinners are powerful, but I wanted to create that sense of feeling for a seam attack.

Along with this I tweak and set up the pitches how i feel they should be for that country and the deck I want to portray.

I will write up the skills and how im going about all this but I wanted to highlight how the gameplay looks so far after 40 overs of the first test.

This looks class.

I love that for all the chances and plays and misses, Rahul has still made a score and India are doing respectable. They haven't just become walking wickets that you've ripped through.

MJT1994

Club Captain
Not sure if this is something you would be interested in but back in dbc14 and 17 I would re-skill teams based on a simple formula and had some success with it. I gave up on it in the recent games when they added the new perks system because it got too confusing with what did what.

What I did was take each players first class batting average and multiply it by 1.8. So a player averaging 30 would have a batting rating of 54 and a player averaging 50 would be rated a 90. It was probably a bit harsh on those averaging 30 but it felt like there was a real difference between the average batters and those who were world class. I would then significantly reduce one batting skill and increase another skill by the same amount so when bowling it felt like you could target the batters weakness but had to stay away from there strength.

I did something similar for each players bowling rating by taking there first class bowling average and taking that way from 110. So someone averaging 20 would be rated a 90 and someone averaging 40 would be rated a 70. I would then again decrease one skill and increase another. I also found that generally spinners would have a higher average than fast bowlers so this helped to reduce how overpowered they are.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Not sure if this is something you would be interested in but back in dbc14 and 17 I would re-skill teams based on a simple formula and had some success with it. I gave up on it in the recent games when they added the new perks system because it got too confusing with what did what.

What I did was take each players first class batting average and multiply it by 1.8. So a player averaging 30 would have a batting rating of 54 and a player averaging 50 would be rated a 90. It was probably a bit harsh on those averaging 30 but it felt like there was a real difference between the average batters and those who were world class. I would then significantly reduce one batting skill and increase another skill by the same amount so when bowling it felt like you could target the batters weakness but had to stay away from there strength.

I did something similar for each players bowling rating by taking there first class bowling average and taking that way from 110. So someone averaging 20 would be rated a 90 and someone averaging 40 would be rated a 70. I would then again decrease one skill and increase another. I also found that generally spinners would have a higher average than fast bowlers so this helped to reduce how overpowered they are.
Man, I do love this community so much.

There's such a drive and innovation amongst so many people to create solutions to take this game and make it the best that it can be.

Some will argue we shouldn't have to, but finding solutions rather than simply highlighting problems is something we should all strive to do no matter the walk of life.

Awesome!

Last edited:

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Happy New Year Everyone!

• Allow you bowl maidens

Those players looking good in game

Faisalrehman

Club Captain
Happy New Year Everyone!

• Allow you bowl maidens

can you share your siders

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I personally feel this could become one of the most important threads in this forum if you want engaging gameplay :yes

just need to get balance right between bat/ball , all the best to everyone involved :cheers

Dont_Blush_Baby

School Cricketer
Great stuff mate, looking forward to seeing the results and potentially some genuine number 11 batsmen :)

Wonder if there would be similar scope to re-skill bowlers, see which attributes determine their lines/lengths and how they are trying to dismiss you?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Ok Lads,

More encouragment, number 9 threatned @blockerdave but Shami was useless, one bit on that vid he plays and misses at 3 in a row.. he was all over the place.

The rest folded. K L Rahul giving India a small sniff....

Variation in dismissals is huge and the spinner wasnt needed @Rumple43

I think the next test could be, can the AI bat much better at the Gabba, or the typically fair batting tracks we've made?

If the AI can excel in conditions they should do well in and struggle when it's hard, then you've
cracked it.

Loved the video tho, loads going on there to get excited about!!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I think the next test could be, can the AI bat much better at the Gabba, or the typically fair batting tracks we've made?

If the AI can excel in conditions they should do well in and struggle when it's hard, then you've
cracked it.

Loved the video tho, loads going on there to get excited about!!

Already on that… ;)

anandponnath

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Love this. Unfortunately, doesn't help within career mode though, the regents are crazy powered in 2-3 seasons. But any learning from this if applied to regens will be fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread