Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Another thing I'm not sure if its a bug or a feature is how the circle around the bowler's arm at times doesn't match the pitch marker which also at times doesn't match with where the ball actually lands.

Why is it this way? Just a bug or is there a more meaningful explanation about skill levels of the bowler/batter deciding how well the ball was 'judged'? If it's latter, it can potentially explain the invisible ball as, to quote the commentators, 'the batter had no idea about that one', lol.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Another thing I'm not sure if its a bug or a feature is how the circle around the bowler's arm at times doesn't match the pitch marker which also at times doesn't match with where the ball actually lands.

Why is it this way? Just a bug or is there a more meaningful explanation about skill levels of the bowler/batter deciding how well the ball was 'judged'? If it's latter, it can potentially explain the invisible ball as, to quote the commentators, 'the batter had no idea about that one', lol.
never seen this on ps5

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
never seen this on ps5
I'm on Xbox One FWIW.

To describe it a bit more, I see the circle around the bowler's arm as full/complete circle, which means ball should land within the stumps but the ball/pitch-marker actually lands fair bit outside off.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I'm on Xbox One FWIW.

To describe it a bit more, I see the circle around the bowler's arm as full/complete circle, which means ball should land within the stumps but the ball/pitch-marker actually lands fair bit outside off.
yes that seems normal, the bowler can deliver the ball between stumps but with swing etc it can land outside the stumps

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it just me or does the ball/pitch-marker disappear at times for you guys as well? Is this something, BA has acknowledged as a bug?
Yes and some time ball trail or ball itself gets disappeared and game keep going on.

For sure BAS aware of it as i reported two ticket for ball & ball trail disappearance but at moment more important for them is to release stadium creator irrespective of these existing annoying bugs.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Academy is not connecting via xbox … Any issue going on or BAS has started blocking ids.

If thats the case, then what one can say except frustration or pathetic-ism at its peak.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
So......

Dropped catch and an animation that didn't detect the boundary rope?

Awesome saved six in the deep?

My heart wants to say the latter, my head sadly says the former. Looked cool regardless though!

Oh, and that low sun at the Ageas Bowl. Just makes everything look beautiful, big fan right here :clap

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
So......

My heart wants to say the latter, my head sadly says the former. Looked cool regardless though!

Oh, and that low sun at the Ageas Bowl. Just makes everything look beautiful, big fan right here :clap
Seems like an excellent save!

Btw, what's with the dark video? Is that how you play? Umpire should be calling off the play for poor light lol.
Post automatically merged:

yes that seems normal, the bowler can deliver the ball between stumps but with swing etc it can land outside the stumps
Interesting you say that.
So, as a player of this video game you judge the line/length using the circle/its-colour but how do you judge the swing on the ball to play the right shot?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So......

Makes me want to give pro cam another try that.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Seems like an excellent save!

Btw, what's with the dark video? Is that how you play? Umpire should be calling off the play for poor light lol.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting you say that.
So, as a player of this video game you judge the line/length using the circle/its-colour but how do you judge the swing on the ball to play the right shot?
It's dark because you're staring directly into the sun, so everything else just looks dark by comparison. As it would in real life, I would imagine. Can still pick out the ball and pitch marker just fine, fortunately.
Makes me want to give pro cam another try that.
I'm falling in love with it. The issue with yorkers and full balls still remain, in that the camera doesn't pan down low enough to see where they're going to pitch, but you can negate that by looking at the ball marker at the point of delivery to show the line instead.

Batting in a longer format and leaving on line and length based on what you see is hugely satisfying.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
It's dark because you're staring directly into the sun, so everything else just looks dark by comparison. As it would in real life, I would imagine. Can still pick out the ball and pitch marker just fine, fortunately.

I'm falling in love with it. The issue with yorkers and full balls still remain, in that the camera doesn't pan down low enough to see where they're going to pitch, but you can negate that by looking at the ball marker at the point of delivery to show the line instead.

Batting in a longer format and leaving on line and length based on what you see is hugely satisfying.
Yeah that was an issue when I tried. Also I want a more responsive 'free look'. Wanted it to behave like a first person shooter really, felt quite restrictive.

Might need to persevere cause I do feel like it's a great option to have.

Leonards19

School Cricketer
The scedual in career mode could do with being looked at. In my second season with Lancashire and got myself in the England setup but I've had a 4 day game with Lancs at Old Trafford but an England world cup group game the day after in Dubai and another world cup group game but in Australia all within the same week. Some air miles that. I also had a test series against the West Indies run along side the one day world cup and been flying off all over the show playing both formats.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
So......

Nah that's a saved 6. I had similar when I was fielding in a quick T20 v New Zealand. I had the catching mini game come up but was a bit slow and messed it up so landed touching the ball.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
you the only one, therefor its your setup....
There is little one can do with a PS4?

Custom league CRASH!!!!
load a game save for the BBL CRASH!!!
Career save load CRASH!!!!
Academy download a team CRASH!!!

Anyone who doesn't have these problems care to share?

Users who are viewing this thread