SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Good to see you again dude, hope all is well?

I reckon RR back to 50 and see how you get on. Leave everything else as is. I haven't tried "normal" players yet, but Wealey has had way more time with this build with me and reckons it's a good bet based on what he's seen.

I was wondering this myself haha India and Pakistan you could just re-download, but Windies are on disc so not sure how to reset them?

Slider Spreadsheet will hopefully be tomorrow, see how work pans out. At present, v4 would have changes to bowling visual speeds that came in the patch straight after V3 went live, then changes to AI RR as required. Everything else would be the same I reckon.

I am tempted to play more to see if AI RR is all that needs changing, or if wicket chance, striker timing needs any attention. But I might end up playing and playing and finding that RR really is the only thing that needed a tweak, in which case I could have pushed V4 out already!
If you delete the team or the players it should revert back to normal. You might lose bats if you've applied any custom ones.

I think I'm pondering turning everything back up but keeping judgement low. I like the fact the AI makes mistakes, it keeps things more realistic. Will let you know what I decide to go with.

They were making plenty mistakes on default.

I’d highly recommend maybe doing a random match or innings with default and see what u think.. as it also highlighted their mentality traits better

I think I'm pondering turning everything back up but keeping judgement low. I like the fact the AI makes mistakes, it keeps things more realistic. Will let you know what I decide to go with.
Would really appreciate it bro!

They were making plenty mistakes on default.

I’d highly recommend maybe doing a random match or innings with default and see what u think.. as it also highlighted their mentality traits better
Are you on veteran difficulty? Also what about bowl quality, wicket chance and striker timing?
Besides physics shouldn't be changed right. They should be in line with rumples sliders.

India v New Zealand at Kolkata park is about to begin...
Well, not sure what to make of that.

Just hit lunch, im India, won the toss chose to bowl and they cranked along at over 4 an over till lunch with ease, no one down, numerous shots carted over the top of the ring, not a sniff of a wicket, for seam or spin, which they played easily even on the dusty deck. 119/0.

1645720572554.png

Perhaps RR of 50 hasnt been altered much after all? Thoughts @Rumple43 @WealeyH ?

Well, not sure what to make of that.

Just hit lunch, im India, won the toss chose to bowl and they cranked along at over 4 an over till lunch with ease, no one down, numerous shots carted over the top of the ring, not a sniff of a wicket, for seam or spin, which they played easily even on the dusty deck. 119/0.

View attachment 264199

Perhaps RR of 50 hasnt been altered much after all? Thoughts @Rumple43 @WealeyH ?

Sounds like your not even on the right update (I assume you are)

EFD418B1-3608-4576-A092-5F276AE5AC60.png

Two example of my bowling

Attachments

• 04D71BF6-E7A2-4B60-817F-238100A2ABB2.png
    04D71BF6-E7A2-4B60-817F-238100A2ABB2.png
    600.6 KB · Views: 8
Yeah definitely updated mate - no idea whats happened in my game then. Ill continue with the afternoon session later, see if any change.

Much more like it in the afternoon session...

1645741693565.png

Only 71 runs scored in the 30 overs at 2.36 per over, with spin really coming into it as you would expect in India, as NZ collapse from 135/0 to 190/5 at session end.

Games on...

View attachment 264215

Only 71 runs scored in the 30 overs at 2.36 per over, with spin really coming into it as you would expect in India, as NZ collapse from 135/0 to 190/5 at session end.

Games on...
Just a good first session then, nice to see you reeled them back in!

View attachment 264215

Games on...
Dang that's a heck of a comeback session with 5wkts and also conceding 50 runs less than the first..

Dang that's a heck of a comeback session with 5wkts and also conceding 50 runs less than the first..
Could be the difference between settle batters and ones that are new to the crease. Wealey has mentioned batters struggling when still red.

Happens so often in real cricket, a partnership builds and two guys make it look easy, then wickets fall in clumps.

Or watch England, in which case nobody makes it look easy then wickets fall in clumps.... :D

Last edited:
Default Legend AI only RR at 25, with my own version of English conditions physics values, both are Reskilled teams and it was such a battle !

All of the wickets genuinely were hard earned, lots of play & misses. No point it felt that AI was scripted to get out and me surprised, all of them were me trying constantly and them politely leaving/defending which was so good to see.

I had my previous RR value of 20 until 15 overs or so, and there were really patient through out that, so I increased it to 25 and then there were playing selective few shots.. I knew many are playing with default run rate so I thought I might as well try this old RR and see how it goes and boy it was such a testing battle..

Siraj imo, was the pick of the lot since he provided with partnership breaking wickets at crucial times & Stokes, Pope played really well, there were few lofted shots but it was very very rare.

Only bugging thing was Wood's resilience otherwise a hard-earned bowl out for India and happiest thing for me was the way tail ended..

20220225172349_1.jpg20220225172352_1.jpg

Just a good first session then, nice to see you reeled them back in!
Spin takes all 10 in the end, essentially after the superb start they were 95 all out before the end of day one, just an odd good first session indeed!

Only 240 on the board, so its up to me as the Indians to try and go big, possibly try and only bat once, but theres a lot of work to be done before that becomes a reality!

1645815261032.png

@Rumple43 Thanx for your amazing research and effort in compiling the most complicated stuff in game i.e sliders...

Actually did try England Grassy medium and it was great...Just that it made me think what could be the values for shorter format like ODI and T20s....But it was a great experience with batting (havnt tried bowling yet but will be surely best)

just had a few Qs

1. In one of the recent patches (dont remember the ver number), BA changed the default visual speed for pace at 70. In your slider values should I keep it at 40 or 70??

2. Before starting the match should the weather be left default with your sliders or does it have an impact ??

3. What about pitch cracks (none, light heavy) and pitch wear rate (none slow fast). Do these impact or should be left untouched?

4. AI values should be left at default 50 for run rate and timing after latest couple of updates and with many of tthe members on this forum having good results in past few days

5. Any chance you will be having a set for ODIs and T20s

6. Is there a limit to no of sliders sets we can have in game considering If I were to add all your slider sets incl home and away

Sorry for these many Qs

Thanx and Cheers mate!!

@Rumple43 Thanx for your amazing research and effort in compiling the most complicated stuff in game i.e sliders...

Actually did try England Grassy medium and it was great...Just that it made me think what could be the values for shorter format like ODI and T20s....But it was a great experience with batting (havnt tried bowling yet but will be surely best)

just had a few Qs

1. In one of the recent patches (dont remember the ver number), BA changed the default visual speed for pace at 70. In your slider values should I keep it at 40 or 70??

2. Before starting the match should the weather be left default with your sliders or does it have an impact ??

3. What about pitch cracks (none, light heavy) and pitch wear rate (none slow fast). Do these impact or should be left untouched?

4. AI values should be left at default 50 for run rate and timing after latest couple of updates and with many of tthe members on this forum having good results in past few days

5. Any chance you will be having a set for ODIs and T20s

6. Is there a limit to no of sliders sets we can have in game considering If I were to add all your slider sets incl home and away

Sorry for these many Qs

Thanx and Cheers mate!!
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!

To answer your questions where I can:

1 - I put some visual speed numbers out for all pitches after that patch, rather than putting out a whole new spreadsheet, tho these numbers will be incorporated into V4. You can find them here: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3522533

2 - Unsure on weather impacting pitches. I didn't see anything conclusive when I tested it, but maybe the optimist in me wants to say hotter weather makes a pitch wear quicker. I'd say just go with whatever weather you fancy, tho my post on testing is here: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3517521

3 - Those settings have an impact, and are mentioned a bit in the pitch wear post linked above. In short, the more cracks you start with, the more bowler friendly the pitch will be. The higher the pitch wear speed, the faster the pitch will deteriorate and become bowler friendly, so just match those settings up to what you're trying to achieve. Batters paradise, no cracks, slow wear. Seamer heaven, heavy cracks, fast wear. From my findings, cracks only have a visual impact on seam movement, though there could be other factors that can't be seen (the pitch wear post covers this)

4 - You can. I've still been using my reskilled players, though I've turned the AI power from 4 to 6. I've added an extra 20 to my AI run rate (from 25 to 45, I believe, though anything around 50 should be fine), and I'm enjoying the limited time I've played. I'd keep other AI sliders, wicket chance and striker timing, the same as the spreadsheet rather than default, but RR can now be around 50 regardless of reskilled or normal players.

5 - I've not really played white ball cricket I'm afraid, tho I did have a very quick dabble. There's a T20 set mentioned as part of the first post of this thread, tho the slider figures could be way off so be warned. Others in the main thread have discussed white ball slider values, so maybe ask there.

6 - Unsure on the limit, but I've got about 10 or 12 at present. I've got the base sliders for each pitch from v3, then a few specific testing set ups as well.

In terms of home/away and pitch variables, I have a set I call "Current". What I do is to load up the spreadsheet while looking at my PS4, plug in whatever sliders I'll need for my next match into that "current" pre set, then play my game using them. Then for the match after I'll do the same thing, editing the "current" preset again to something different. That way I'm just altering the values of one preset to what modifiers I want for my next test, rather than trying to create loads of presets for every variation that I may never even use.

Users who are viewing this thread