SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!

To answer your questions where I can:

1 - I put some visual speed numbers out for all pitches after that patch, rather than putting out a whole new spreadsheet, tho these numbers will be incorporated into V4. You can find them here: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3522533

2 - Unsure on weather impacting pitches. I didn't see anything conclusive when I tested it, but maybe the optimist in me wants to say hotter weather makes a pitch wear quicker. I'd say just go with whatever weather you fancy, tho my post on testing is here: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3517521

3 - Those settings have an impact, and are mentioned a bit in the pitch wear post linked above. In short, the more cracks you start with, the more bowler friendly the pitch will be. The higher the pitch wear speed, the faster the pitch will deteriorate and become bowler friendly, so just match those settings up to what you're trying to achieve. Batters paradise, no cracks, slow wear. Seamer heaven, heavy cracks, fast wear. From my findings, cracks only have a visual impact on seam movement, though there could be other factors that can't be seen (the pitch wear post covers this)

4 - You can. I've still been using my reskilled players, though I've turned the AI power from 4 to 6. I've added an extra 20 to my AI run rate (from 25 to 45, I believe, though anything around 50 should be fine), and I'm enjoying the limited time I've played. I'd keep other AI sliders, wicket chance and striker timing, the same as the spreadsheet rather than default, but RR can now be around 50 regardless of reskilled or normal players.

5 - I've not really played white ball cricket I'm afraid, tho I did have a very quick dabble. There's a T20 set mentioned as part of the first post of this thread, tho the slider figures could be way off so be warned. Others in the main thread have discussed white ball slider values, so maybe ask there.

6 - Unsure on the limit, but I've got about 10 or 12 at present. I've got the base sliders for each pitch from v3, then a few specific testing set ups as well.

In terms of home/away and pitch variables, I have a set I call "Current". What I do is to load up the spreadsheet while looking at my PS4, plug in whatever sliders I'll need for my next match into that "current" pre set, then play my game using them. Then for the match after I'll do the same thing, editing the "current" preset again to something different. That way I'm just altering the values of one preset to what modifiers I want for my next test, rather than trying to create loads of presets for every variation that I may never even use.
@Rumple43 Thanx a lot for patiently addressing my Qs...Will keep in mind all that you have pointed out...
Looking forward to your V4 spreadsheet behind which lies your continuous deep research and testing
Cheers and Thanx mate!!

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Evening guys. Rumple magnificent work as always loving the sliders especially the England one, regarding the early and late shot time window…. Would I be right in thinking increasing these gives you more time to decide on your shot and not make a mistake or am I getting it completely wrong ? Really struggling with batting at the minute always too early or way too late ? Cheers

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Evening guys. Rumple magnificent work as always loving the sliders especially the England one, regarding the early and late shot time window…. Would I be right in thinking increasing these gives you more time to decide on your shot and not make a mistake or am I getting it completely wrong ? Really struggling with batting at the minute always too early or way too late ? Cheers
Pretty sure it's the other way, but I don't have the exact slider description in front of me to check.

Looking at the spreadsheet tho, Australia is the easiest place to bat and the early/late windows are 2 and 30.

England's windows are 5 and 33, and WI, one of the hardest places to bat, are 10 and 40.

Also, timing difficulty in Australia is 46, 50 in England and 55 in West Indies.

Try timing windows of say, 1 and 25, and timing difficulty of 40, see how you get on.

Once you're timing everything you can start to notch it back up a bit.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Pretty sure it's the other way, but I don't have the exact slider description in front of me to check.

Looking at the spreadsheet tho, Australia is the easiest place to bat and the early/late windows are 2 and 30.

England's windows are 5 and 33, and WI, one of the hardest places to bat, are 10 and 40.

Also, timing difficulty in Australia is 46, 50 in England and 55 in West Indies.

Try timing windows of say, 1 and 25, and timing difficulty of 40, see how you get on.

Perfect will try this as I’ve been increasing the numbers I thought it was getting a little tricky. Much appreciated

Ragz

Club Cricketer

As per my understanding the more we increase the early and late shot timing window value, it gets easier for batting. That is why under default hardest, both values are 0 and 0.

Under hardest - there is a very narrow window & margin of error in which we can play the shot ideally. And as we increase this value, the window increases and so does the margin of error with regards to the user input.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Increasing the early and late shot timing windows will increase the chances of more early and late-timed shots. If it is reduced, then there will be more misses and fewer poorly timed shots. But the ideal timing window remains the same unless you play around with the timing difficulty.

Ragz

Club Cricketer
Increasing the early and late shot timing windows will increase the chances of more early and late-timed shots. If it is reduced, then there will be more misses and fewer poorly timed shots. But the ideal timing window remains the same unless you play around with the timing difficulty.
Interesting to know because under default hardest setting - early & late shot timing windows value is at 0 while under easiest they both are at 100. Hope someone from BA can clear this up for us.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
As per my understanding the more we increase the early and late shot timing window value, it gets easier for batting. That is why under default hardest, both values are 0 and 0.

Under hardest - there is a very narrow window & margin of error in which we can play the shot ideally. And as we increase this value, the window increases and so does the margin of error with regards to the user input.
The in game description of these two sliders are as follows:

"Early shot timing window: Increasing this slider will increase the window for early shot input"

"Late shot timing window: Increase this slider will increase the window for late shot input"

For me, that means a higher slider number makes for bigger windows, bigger windows mean more likely to hit them, and therefor higher numbers make for harder batting.

However, as you say @Ragz, the default slider options don't marry up to this thinking. Easiest is indeed 100 and 100, and Hardest is 0 and 0.

So either the description is wrong, or the application in the default sliders the game comes with is wrong.

I'm not one for slapping tags around for answers, but unless @MattW knows something on this one from an internal perspective, not sure how we'd find the answer without sitting down and testing it.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
ICC site has hawkeye data for select matches. It disappeared about six months ago but I noticed this morning it has returned.
Oh okay. That's sounds pretty cool actually.

timmy94

Club Captain
The in game description of these two sliders are as follows:

"Early shot timing window: Increasing this slider will increase the window for early shot input"

"Late shot timing window: Increase this slider will increase the window for late shot input"

For me, that means a higher slider number makes for bigger windows, bigger windows mean more likely to hit them, and therefor higher numbers make for harder batting.

However, as you say @Ragz, the default slider options don't marry up to this thinking. Easiest is indeed 100 and 100, and Hardest is 0 and 0.

So either the description is wrong, or the application in the default sliders the game comes with is wrong.

I'm not one for slapping tags around for answers, but unless @MattW knows something on this one from an internal perspective, not sure how we'd find the answer without sitting down and testing it.
Could be because as Monzi said the lower it is the more misses there will be, so on easiest batting they got it at 100 so effectively be almost impossible to miss the ball?? (Due to timing anyway)

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Thraipsed in a low scoring three day affair in this one, the cracked dusty bed was turning sideways in the end, i just couldnt get the timing down due to the AI constantly mixing up speeds and delivery types, from flighted to bouncier deliveries from the twirlers.

1646314154598.png

That said, my concurrent test match in Aus is 500 plays 200/1 so its good to see all types of games are possible, and the pitch certainly plays a big part, as it should do.

I think im going to have a very typical English game next, England v Pakistan on a green seamer, to see if the quicks are much more the dominant force where they should be.

Users who are viewing this thread