Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is it just me or are team scores very low?

I only just made it out of club cricket (after 5 years... I suck) and the scores are consistently sub 200 in 3 day games and for T20's it's like targets of 100.

Makes it a bit easy so to speak chasing scores... never really have any run rate pressure.

I was thinking it'd be different in state cricket but, at least in my first game, the scores are very low there too. Is there a setting that tweaks this?

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Idiot captain winning the toss and batting first every time in domestic t 20 .There seems to be no total they can't chase down.I suspect its beyond the metric of the career mode to take into account batting when you come in at the last over and you just have to go for it.It shouldn't be the same as when you come in and are out early in the innings.So not scored that many runs but have taken the most wickets in the tournament and now I am back at club level. I took 5-15 in the penultimate match before being dropped we won that game because we lost toss and opposition decided to bat first. I am all for bring dropped if form is bad but this wasn't the case also there should be some narrative when this happens. I am still enjoying it and I think its the best career mode of all the cricket games.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Idiot captain winning the toss and batting first every time in domestic t 20 .There seems to be no total they can't chase down.I suspect its beyond the metric of the career mode to take into account batting when you come in at the last over and you just have to go for it.It shouldn't be the same as when you come in and are out early in the innings.So not scored that many runs but have taken the most wickets in the tournament and now I am back at club level. I took 5-15 in the penultimate match before being dropped we won that game because we lost toss and opposition decided to bat first. I am all for bring dropped if form is bad but this wasn't the case also there should be some narrative when this happens. I am still enjoying it and I think its the best career mode of all the cricket games.
It seems that when there is a big gap in the schedule you go back and play some games for the club team, doesnt always mean you got "dropped"

mcdoobs

School Cricketer
is there a way to check out player rating from other teams? It would help with world immersion if they added world player rankings

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Finally selected in the IPL after getting my t20 stats up for a full year so it definitely is based around stats

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
is there a way to check out player rating from other teams? It would help with world immersion if they added world player rankings
Don't think there is unfortunately.

Stevep1992

School Cricketer
Hi haven’t got far in my career mode atm but am just wondering if you are doing a career away from england as like cricket 21 do you still get called up by other countrys county teams? I decided to make a fun career and go with west indies but am just wondering do u get bbl call ups and such and English blast etc or is it only your countrys competitions?

cricboi

Club Captain
Hi haven’t got far in my career mode atm but am just wondering if you are doing a career away from england as like cricket 21 do you still get called up by other countrys county teams? I decided to make a fun career and go with west indies but am just wondering do u get bbl call ups and such and English blast etc or is it only your countrys competitions?
Yes. I'm in the 3rd year of my career as a West Indian player and I'm currently playing all three formats in England for Glamorgan while also playing in the CPL. Pretty sure I also got a contract in the Sheffield Shield but I might have passed on it for year 3 once I got called up for international tests. Next step is getting into The Hundred/IPL and/or making the T20 international team.

Bootsey

Club Cricketer
That felt good, there I was at backward point, batters go for 2 runs, ball comes in, keeper off with the bails, silence, so I appeal, 3rd umpire gives a run-out, sensational, very enjoyable indeed

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Has anyone played as a WK on career mode ? Is it possible ? How was it ? I like the idea but not sure if I’d get bored easy

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Finding it really hard to captain England's new crop of players, I have no idea if these players are red ball or white ball other than what their batting/bowling style is. I cant seem to find there stats unless they have played in the current series and I have to go to the standings screen, remember what I saw then go back into pick lineup and most of the time forget, why can't we just see all there info from the pick lineup screen. In C19 you could cycle through completions to find them, check their stats, see what position they played etc. I know I keep going on about it but there is so much info that isn't accessible but must be in the game as its all formated as games are played.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread