SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We tried to make sense of the sliders as we could, I think it would give a good heads-up for people to begin tuning their own unique values which work well for them. Since as much as we can try pointing out a 'golden mean' kinda value if they understand what each one does then they can tinker by themselves which will be their own ultimate findings.. Good luck tinkering :wave

Bullpen

School Cricketer
Can I ask what controls you guys are using for batting / bowling / cameras ?
Is there a recommanded set for these sliders ?

Thank you !

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Can I ask what controls you guys are using for batting / bowling / cameras ?
Is there a recommanded set for these sliders ?

Thank you !
I bowl with broadcast 2, field with broadcast 3, and bat with pro cam.

You can use whatever you fancy tho.

tboyle3

School Cricketer
Hi, new to the forum after specifically looking for making C22 more realistic after starting a Shane Warne career. Love the work you've done here and clearly shows a lot of effort gone into this!

A few questions if I may (apologies if these have been covered in the 49 pages of replies already!!):

On the spreadsheet, it's always listed England as Grassy Medium, etc - does this mean you play every game in England on this setting, or do you still change it to random settings, but the sliders make it more realistic still?

How do you account for pitch wear? Do you randomise as you play?

Are these consistent across all formats, or specifically altered for Test/ODI/T20?

Cheers,
T

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Hi, new to the forum after specifically looking for making C22 more realistic after starting a Shane Warne career. Love the work you've done here and clearly shows a lot of effort gone into this!

A few questions if I may (apologies if these have been covered in the 49 pages of replies already!!):

On the spreadsheet, it's always listed England as Grassy Medium, etc - does this mean you play every game in England on this setting, or do you still change it to random settings, but the sliders make it more realistic still?

How do you account for pitch wear? Do you randomise as you play?

Are these consistent across all formats, or specifically altered for Test/ODI/T20?

Cheers,
T
Apologies, I've not been round these parts much so sorry if it was a bit like you were being ignored.

The spreadsheet defaults to those settings. You should be able to change them from English, Grassy, but it may be the method you'd opening/viewing the spreadsheet that is the issue. Both should be drop down menus that you can pick various options from.

Pitch wear isn't accounted for, and through the various pages is something that has been discussed. I've not done any real testing in later builds, but from when I did look into it, a few things appeared to be apparent:

1) Visual pitch wear is a thing, the pitches will look different over 5 days.
2) Cracks will appear, though not visually, and you will see more horizontal movement from seam bowlers as a game progresses
3) I've seen no real examples of variable bounce from seamers as a game goes on
4) I've seen no change in turn or bounce for spinners as a game goes on
5) The AI "tends" to lose more wickets/score fewer runs as a pitch wears, but this is my own anecdotal evidence

This is one of the posts I did about pitch wear: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3517521

It's dated January though, so there could be something different going on now. I haven't really seen much to suggest a change and I was playing right up to a month or two ago.

The slider spreadsheet has only ever been a Test cricket focus. Others have tinkered with white ball sliders, but I've never really played any white ball cricket on 22, so the numbers are red ball only. You could try plugging them in potentially, but I've no idea how they'd play.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After the latest update, is there anything in the sliders that may need to tweak to play better that anyone knows about? lighting, run rate etc

tboyle3

School Cricketer
Thanks Rumple, appreciate the info! Yep I'm using Excel and it's just defaulting England to Grassy-Medium. I'll try opening with something like Google Pages to see if that changes things.

Other slight annoyance (with the game, not you!) is the limited amount of custom difficulty slots that are available. I had originally planned to save a set for each possible setting (Eng Gr-Med, bat friendly, spin friendly, etc) but with only 15 saves available it makes it impossible.
Do you just change sliders manually each time you need to?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Thanks Rumple, appreciate the info! Yep I'm using Excel and it's just defaulting England to Grassy-Medium. I'll try opening with something like Google Pages to see if that changes things.

Other slight annoyance (with the game, not you!) is the limited amount of custom difficulty slots that are available. I had originally planned to save a set for each possible setting (Eng Gr-Med, bat friendly, spin friendly, etc) but with only 15 saves available it makes it impossible.
Do you just change sliders manually each time you need to?
I tended to have each pitch saved as a default, so each country, then have an ongoing "current" slider set that I adjusted game to game.

If something then felt a bit "off", I could see the default sliders for that country at a glance and nudge my "current" set a bit closer to default.

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
Hello community members,
Need some help!!

I am relatively new to cricket 22, but playing cricket video games since Brian Lara 1999.
This forum has been nothing short of amazing for many things I did not know about the game.
I usually play 2 v 2 offline multiplayer with some friends and we have been playing with tweaked batting sliders for T20s and ODI's in Australia, New Zealand and England without making any changes to the Physics sliders, assuming the game seems to be doing okay on those surfaces as its licensed.

However, we want to play on other surfaces as well, like India, UAE, West Indies, SAF.

So for that I would need to edit the Physics Sliders. However, this excel file doesnt seem to work for me whichever device or laptop I open it on.
Would really appreciate if someone could share the physics values screenshots for the above surfaces, as working on it from scratch will take a lot of time and it would be great to have some guidlines from people who have taken out time and experimented already.

Thanks in advance.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Hello community members,
Need some help!!

I am relatively new to cricket 22, but playing cricket video games since Brian Lara 1999.
This forum has been nothing short of amazing for many things I did not know about the game.
I usually play 2 v 2 offline multiplayer with some friends and we have been playing with tweaked batting sliders for T20s and ODI's in Australia, New Zealand and England without making any changes to the Physics sliders, assuming the game seems to be doing okay on those surfaces as its licensed.

However, we want to play on other surfaces as well, like India, UAE, West Indies, SAF.

So for that I would need to edit the Physics Sliders. However, this excel file doesnt seem to work for me whichever device or laptop I open it on.
Would really appreciate if someone could share the physics values screenshots for the above surfaces, as working on it from scratch will take a lot of time and it would be great to have some guidlines from people who have taken out time and experimented already.

Thanks in advance.
There's no settings for UAE, and India is under Asia, but it's designed for a spinners pitch basically. Though these Pakistani pitches at the moment might not agree with that....

India - Dusty pitch, Medium softness
1669896237791.png

Australia - Dry pitch, Hard
1669896275784.png

South Africa - Grassy/Dry pitch, Hard
1669896344628.png

New Zealand - Grassy pitch, Hard
1669896374121.png

West Indies - Grassy/Dusty pitch, Hard
1669896403643.png

The spreadsheet has neutral values as well as home and away values. The H and A values were designed to make conditions and general settings harder for a user/AI if they were the visiting team since there is a significant home advantage in Test Cricket. If you want to ignore this though, just go with the slider value instead.

A few words of warning. These physics numbers were designed to work with other difficulty sliders for batting, AI and so on, so as independent values along side your own settings for other areas, they may be a little off. You can give them a go though.

Also, this project ended around six months ago and I've not been on the game in at least that amount of time. If patches have been released, they could well have affected game play that will in turn mean these slider ratings are off. I've not been paying attention to say what those changes may be, but just a heads up.

If you do get the spreadsheet working, it also has an additional modifier per country to simulate some differences ground to ground. Here's the drop down options that were put in:

1669896719745.png

Might want that last one if you're going to play in Pakistan!

Have fun :-)

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
Thanks a lot...
I managed to access most of the file, now that I know there's even more, it's further exciting.

I used your sliders as more of a guideline and I'm pleased to see that my custom presets and yours were not too far away in many of the customisations.

I had to keep certain tweaks different as we play 2 v 2 offline multi-player T20 format, and scores vary from 140 to 200 which is perfect.

Did face an issue with the England sliders though, as a slower short delivery was getting the batsmen LBW/bowled (using pro bowling controls) but apart from that thank you so much for the effort you have put to make this sheet for everyone!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Thanks a lot...
I managed to access most of the file, now that I know there's even more, it's further exciting.

I used your sliders as more of a guideline and I'm pleased to see that my custom presets and yours were not too far away in many of the customisations.

I had to keep certain tweaks different as we play 2 v 2 offline multi-player T20 format, and scores vary from 140 to 200 which is perfect.

Did face an issue with the England sliders though, as a slower short delivery was getting the batsmen LBW/bowled (using pro bowling controls) but apart from that thank you so much for the effort you have put to make this sheet for everyone!
All the sliders are pretty much a starting point for others to tweak from. Folks have difference preferences and abilities, so there's always gonna be variations.

The sliders were also made for test cricket, so you'll need some changes for white ball cricket 100%.

Glad it's going well tho, happy gaming!

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
Also had another query.
Some bowlers like starc Cumming Ferguson mark wood are bowling almost at 160 kmph.
For some reason I can't reduce their bowling speed and I don't want to change the ball physics in the game to accommodate just a few overpowered pacers.

Since we play offline multi-player this turns into a big advantage for the bowling teams.

Would love for a solution which wouldn't involve excluding these players from the roster.

Thanks and regards.

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
Also to clarify these are only on pro bowling controls and effort deliveries which reach these speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread