Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Lawrence
Foakes
Hartley
Wood
Anderson
I think the 2nd test is expected to turn again so I can't see us taking out two spinners. I could see Leach replaced by Bashir and the rest staying the same. Wood was economical but pretty ineffective so they may switch him and Anderson to protect him a bit. We've seen quicks break down in the past from bowling over after over of back-breaking bowling on unhelpful pitches.

lordy

Panel of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
England should swap Ahmed for Lawrence assuming Leach is fit. What I think they will do is swap Ahmed for Anderson. Maybe they will swap Wood out for Atkinson or Robinson. I think India will bring in Sundar and Patidar. I hope they play Kuldeep as I think he will get whacked but don't think they will.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I don't see India dropping Gill now. Expect either of Sarfaraz/Patidar to make their debut,while Washington comes straight in for Jadeja. I'd honestly want them to drop Axar for Kuldeep, but doubt that be the thinking here.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't see India dropping Gill now. Expect either of Sarfaraz/Patidar to make their debut,while Washington comes straight in for Jadeja. I'd honestly want them to drop Axar for Kuldeep, but doubt that be the thinking here.

Another option is to bring in a batter for Jadeja which I feel is the better option. Agree that they won't drop Gill now.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Another option is to bring in a batter for Jadeja which I feel is the better option. Agree that they won't drop Gill now.
So you mean play both Sarfaraz and Patidar? I think whoever bats 6 will bat out of position in that case

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
So you mean play both Sarfaraz and Patidar? I think whoever bats 6 will bat out of position in that case
Given the amount of time these two have spent knocking on the doors of Indian cricket, they will even agree to bat at No.10 & No.11 if given the chance. Ideal scenario could be for Gill- Jaiswal to open, with Rohit dropping down the order

Gill
Jaiswal
Patidar
Iyer
Rohit
Sarfaraz
Bharat

Sarfaraz and Patidar could swap themselves as well. There's an off chance that Shreyas might bat at No.3 if the opening line up is changed. I am in favour of changing this seeing as Rohit wouldn't' (read: shouldn't) be around for the next series.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Given the amount of time these two have spent knocking on the doors of Indian cricket, they will even agree to bat at No.10 & No.11 if given the chance. Ideal scenario could be for Gill- Jaiswal to open, with Rohit dropping down the order

Gill
Jaiswal
Patidar
Iyer
Rohit
Sarfaraz
Bharat

Sarfaraz and Patidar could swap themselves as well. There's an off chance that Shreyas might bat at No.3 if the opening line up is changed. I am in favour of changing this seeing as Rohit wouldn't' (read: shouldn't) be around for the next series.
This looks a decent batting order.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Perhaps for the first time in ages, India would go into the 2nd Test as a worried lot. Everything going right for England while it's the opposite for India. Sarfaraz, if he does get selected, will have to make full use of the opportunity as I don't think he will get another chance once this series is over.

Given how Australia came very close to winning the series recently (even though the scoreline would not reflect that), England would fancy their chances at a repeat of 2012. Bazzball is definitely working in that apart from maybe Ashwin and Bumrah, the other bowlers looked to be under pressure.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
My concern also lies with Bumrah- when under pressure, he cannot deliver. We have seen him fail time and again in countless KO games. Bumrah is the last person you want, when the team is reeling.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Vizag might throw up a decent ptich. My bet on Rajkot being labelled as 'under par'. Afterall, it belongs to the SHAH!

Users who are viewing this thread