Story India's Journey To WCup,Special Edition-Johnnie Walker is back!

Who will win this ICC World Cup?

• The Powerless, West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh

• Ireland

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Maybe the Guest is you prince ;)
i have a strong feeling it willl be you as you have followed this for a while and haven't had the honours... well not at leats since i have been following this story.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
starpw7.jpg
Special

guestareaxf7.jpg

Ravi Shastri:- Welcome to The Star Sports Guest Area, which is the show exclusive for viewers! We will go directly to Sunil Gavaskar and Geoffrey who are waiting to communicate with our special Guest!

S.G :- Once again welcome back to Star Sports! Now, its time for the our special Guest in " Guest Area ". Also we have Mr.Geoffrey again with us, to interact with the our special Guest!

S.G :- Well, as usual, Geoffrey... Its time for u to start with our special guest of this grand finals :)

G.B :- Sure Sunil.. Befpre revealing the name of our guest, I like to tell few things about our guest.... He is a very great fan of English cricket that he have a another name of a famous English star :p He is basically a Indian though! Also, he likes Indian cricket too. :)

S.G :- Its interesting... :)

G.B :- Yes.. His name is," Mr. m_vaughan aka Sid "! & he is currently in Dubai.

S.G :- A Warm welcome to our guest Mr.Sid. Interesting that u have another name of a great captain, Vaughany! ;) Lets now connect to our guest straight away.

( .... Connecting Mr.Sid ( m_vaughan ) .... )

S.G :- Hello Sid and we are very happy to have to have you on this show. :) Now Geoffrey is just waiting to start this show ;)

G.B :- Hello Sid & here is first question to u,

Well, with Kiwis being on 90-5 in first 20 Overs, how do u rate this victory?

guestarea1aa6.jpg

S.G :- Well said! " Never Die Attitude " was the main key today. Its seen more under Fleming's captaincy. And also not many teams have this attitude. Even if India were in similar situation, I doubt whether they wud have fight back.

G.B :- I say a big " No " to this Indian fight back case.;) Becos, we saw that as soon as Tendulkar got injured, they were struggling a lots with the confidence level. Also If i remember right just 2 boundaries in first 15 Overs after Tendulkar returned to dressing room. Whereas, Masrhall & Oram moved on without affecting the confidence level. So attitude of Indian team was less compared to Kiwis today.

And as Sid said, it was similar to Natwest finals where India was around 180/5 and came back well to win a 300+ target. And same right-left combo did tricks in the end! :)

S.G :- Yes, this match should also get added to one of the classics i feel ;) Ok Sid, my question to u,

Do u think, India was on the backfoot right from the start of this match as, Kiwis have won all their games in this series on bowler friendly conditions but for India, this is the first match on such conditions!

guestarea2dq5.jpg

G.B :- Yes, the bowlers were the main weapon used by Fleming in this series. Especially Bond.. He was threatening in all the matches!

S.G :- Inspite of being smashed away by Tendulkar :p

G.B :- :laugh Well, he got revenge on both occassions.... once by sending him to dressing room to take rest & Again by dismissing him in the end ;) Tbh, when comparing Indian & NZ bowling, Kiwis gain upperhand clearly.

Ok Sid,

What improvements do u like to see in Indian team for next series in SouthAfrica?

guestarea3wp4.jpg

S.G :- Well said again :clap " Must learn how to finish off the games " Well said! They slipped the game from their hands today.

G.B :- I also agree with Sid :) And regarding Ganguly, he wud be selected i feel after having an average series. But he has to do well in SA to stay in team for long run. He made a comeback in Windies tour and had a century in very first innings he played. But after that, he didn't shine that bright except a 50 in this series. Also the conditions in SA are different.. So its going to be a testing time not only for Ganguly but for other batsmen too!

S.G :- Yes, SA series shd be a challenging one for India team. Ok Sid, my last question to u,

Finally, Which is the most memorable match of urs in this Champions Trophy ;)

guestarea4mu2.jpg

G.B :- Thats my favourite too :) It made me stunned to see Bangla winning.. but their hard work was well deflected in this tournament. Hope they have a good future!

S.G :- Yes, Winning the team so called World champions turned everyone's eyes on them. They did well against England but defending a low score against Aussies is somewat diificult & they achieved that. Even in semis, as Sid said, they made Fleming to think a lots & they almost made it infact! :)

G.B :- All the matches played by Bangladesh were excellent.. Other team which disappointed me is WestIndies as they also worked hard right from DLF cup but didn't play upto the expectations in this match. Anyways, it was great tournament overall with Kiwis lifting the ChampionsTrophy for second time and both the times, they won India.

S.G :- Yes, it was a great tournament! And thanks Sid for all ur nice views! :) we had a nice little convo with our special guest.

S.G :- Also Thanx Geoffrey for being with us again and that concludes this Guest Area! Hope everyone enjoyed it! We will be back soon! Till then bye from us!

G.B :- Bye everyone :)

starup0.jpg

Copyrights Reserved

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
hi all,

With the last update, the entire Champions Trophy package gets over. :) I like to thank everyone for the excellent support to this story so far which has encouraged me lots.

Once again Thanking everyone... & wud be starting the next series which is " India's tour of SouthAfrica " soon!

Cheers
Suren :onpc

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
starpw7.jpg
LIVE

India's Tour of SouthAfrica

banner1ju2.jpg

( Fixtures and Package Details )

Welcome to StarSports and as mentioned earlier, this channel has the exclusive rights to telecast the entire series of India's tour of SouthAfrica in Asian countries along with SuperSport in SouthAfrica!

Reference :
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=650803&postcount=2567

The fixtures of this tour are as follows :

1) India Vs SA-A, India Won by 5 Wickets. (Click to see) MOTM : Sreesanth

2) First Test : India Vs SA, New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg. (Click to see)

Day 1, Day 2,
Day 3, Day 4.

Result :- India Won by 71 Runs. MOTM : Anil Kumble for 16 Wickets.

3) Second Test : India Vs SA, ,Kingsmead, Durban. (Click to see)

Day 1, Day 2,
Day 3,
Rain Interruption.
Day 4, Day 5.

Result :- Match Drawn. MOTM : Rahul Dravid for his 200.

4) Third Test : India Vs SA, ,Newlands, Cape Town. (Click to see)

Day 1, Day 2,
Day 3, Day 4.

Result :- SA Won by 9 Wickets. MOTM : Jacques Kallis for All-Round display.

SA Level the 3-Match Castle Test Series 1-1.

Dravid/Smith with Castle Lager Trophy.

dravidsmithcuphl4.jpg

A Proud Moment to both the Teams!

Note :- See at the bottom for Lunch Time tour updates covered during this tour. :)

5) Only T20I - South Africa v India,New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

6) 1st ODI - South Africa v India,New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
7) 2nd ODI - South Africa v India,St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
8) 3rd ODI - South Africa v India,SuperSport Park, Centurion

Well, the tournament's major events of three test matches, A Twenty20 match and Three ODIs would be telecasted fully as per StarSports Package. However, StarSports was not able to get telecast rights for the warmup game. So Only the result would be shown for that 4day match warm-up game.

StarSports Telecast Package Details

Test Series : For the Test series, it includes the following,

* Taking Guard, Preview of Each Day
* Live Coverage of Match
* Lunch Time Tour
* Tea Time With Rhodes
* Turning Point, Review Show
* Street Talk

pccornerna1.jpg

In Taking Guard, there is an inclusion of a small segment called " PC Corner. " In this, a member would be selected on random basis like Guest Area and the person would be giving a suggestion & prediction which he expects his team(Ind/SA) to perform on that day! :)

lunchtimeos8.jpg

Lunch Time Tour

This is the new Non-Cricketing Segment! Since this tour is away from India, StarSports wud just give its viewers some information about some beautiful tourism spots in SouthAfrica in given short time. This is just to entertain the viewers apart from Cricketing actions. :)

Click below to see the Lunch Time tour Segment covered during this Tour,

1) A Small Trip To Gold Reef City.

2) A Small Trip To Johannesburg Zoo.

3) A Small Trip To Newtown.

4) A Small Trip To Golden Mile,Durban.

5) A Small Trip To Cango Caves,Western Cape Province of South Africa.

6) A Small Trip To uShaka Marine World.

ODI Series & Twenty20 : For ODI Series, it includes,

* Taking Guard, Preview Show.
* Live Coverage of the Match
* Turning Point, Analysis Show. ( NA for Twenty20 )
* Guest Area. ( NA for Twenty20 )

So thats the StarSports package for this India's tour of SouthAfrica! Hope everyone likes it. We wud be bringing you more details about this tour like Squad selection etc as soon as we recieve it. So Stay Tuned :)

starup0.jpg

Copyrights Reserved

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread