12th Match, Group A: India v West Indies at Johannesburg

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good fifty from Kohli! In tough batting conditions, even if we are out of the tournament, thats a valuable innings for the future of Kohli.

Manjrekar and Harsha are talking about the changes about to come in the team. Manjrekar is right! Dravid will most probably be dropped for no fault of his. Sehwag will come back in Dravid's place. Yuvraj will be back for Dinesh Karthik, Zaheer will be back for RP Singh. I hope Sreesanth can be back for Ishant Sharma. Kohli should continue because he is showing the promise. He needs to stop showing styles in fielding. He is a very good fielder but makes mistakes because he tries to be a great fielder (just like how Yuvraj used to do).

Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
No need to Drop Dravid.

Kohli, RP, Nehra, Dinesh,.

Let Nayar and Dravid be there please.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If I am not wrong, Dravid was mainly brought in for handling the short deliveries right? Unlucky if he gets dropped in next series. But there is no place for him :( I am eagerly waiting to see Zaheer & Ishant(in form wise ) back.

Pakistan-NZ-Aus-Eng in semis. Now the competition is going to be interesting as Pakistan have to battle their rust form while Eng/NZ will be battling for their pride against Aussies.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
No need to Drop Dravid.

Kohli, RP, Nehra, Dinesh,.

Let Nayar and Dravid be there please.

Kohli? He is 77* not out against WI on a very tough pitch and conditions at Johannesburg. It would be criminal to drop him. Ishant needs to be given some treatment by asking him to go back to domestic cricket. RP definitely deserves the sack. Maybe Nehra should be retained because he has actually bowled well against Pakistan and West Indies while he was more than decent against Australia. Zaheer and Nehra would make a good combo again if Zak comes back. Zak, Nehra and Sreesanth can be a combo to be tried. Or maybe Dhawal Kulkarni could be tried (as Howsie suggested).

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
At least India won this match. Kohli, Kumar or Nehra should be Man of the Match. Most likely it will be Kohli, because of his 79 runs.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
We won comprehensively in the end by 7 wickets. We need to re-shuffle our pace attack and if Sehwag, Yuvi and Zaheer come back, we should be really good enough. Kohli should continue. Maybe he can score some good runs against the Aussies which will help him cement his spot more. He is a better option than Rohit Sharma. I quite like Kohli!

Params7

International Cricketer
I'm also with Dravid staying in the team, he still brings in stability and that's what the youngsters will lack in a consistant level at least. Without him we would have folded for an under 200 vs Pak.

Also impressed with Virat's innings today. he has talent.

Params7 added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Yeah "At least" :sarcasm

1 game won out of 2 games played. Not bad at all given how crappy our bowling was.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
I'm also with Dravid staying in the team, he still brings in stability and that's what the youngsters will lack in a consistant level at least. Without him we would have folded for an under 200 vs Pak.

Also impressed with Virat's innings today. he has talent

Dravid at no.3

Kohli has talent, let him still practice it getting out vs strong team and in Important matches.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Dravid at no.3

Kohli has talent, let him still practice it getting out vs strong team and in Important matches.

This WI team scared Australia and Pakistan, the semifinalists on this ground. That they didnt scare India as much was because of Kohli and Karthik's batting. How many internationals Kohli has played? Why are you behind his back so early? He never got a decent run with the Indian team. He played that ODI series in SL and he did fairly well when he was forced to open. Give him a good run in the middle order, and then we can see how he goes.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Kohli? He is 77* not out against WI on a very tough pitch and conditions at Johannesburg. It would be criminal to drop him. Ishant needs to be given some treatment by asking him to go back to domestic cricket. RP definitely deserves the sack. Maybe Nehra should be retained because he has actually bowled well against Pakistan and West Indies while he was more than decent against Australia. Zaheer and Nehra would make a good combo again if Zak comes back. Zak, Nehra and Sreesanth can be a combo to be tried. Or maybe Dhawal Kulkarni could be tried (as Howsie suggested).

Yes agreed,very true, I Sharma must be droppped let him earn the place once agian.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would've given the Man of the Match award for his one and only international wicket he got. By golly he got smashed for the first two deliveries though.

Users who are viewing this thread