6th Match: India v Pakistan (Group A)

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
So who is the scapegoat this time?

I'm thinking it must be Harbhajan, for his usual dreadful bowling v Pakistan, and for his run out of Dravid.

Have people started calling for him to be replaced by Sreesanth yet?

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If there is necessity for a scapegoat for this match then it can be either Dhoni for his captaincy(He made a lot of blunders inside and outside the ground) or Harbhajan for his pathetic bowling.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What a Win :banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy:banana2:banana2:banana2:happy:happy

deathrevenge9 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

:laugh:laugh Dravid got Gambhir out at at the end Bhajji got Dravid out

Dravid didnt get Gambhir out. Gambhir ran himself out. There was no run there!

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

You missed Afridi and Ajmal toying with the Indian batsmen too :p

Be truthful! You were really worried at that time when Dravid and Raina were showing signs of pulling it off.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Nothing to do with this match.

we'll see about that later. I'm just glad we owned you guys in this match.

Ah, Fatal Shot's wish of the flaming might so come true after the game ends...:D

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

It's not happening this time. Team India is very relaxed now & the commitment in them is very less than the one during CB series or compaq cup. Gambhir's run out is one classic instance.

Yeah, he has taken a oath to be the same in every match. Next match too, he wont dive and will give up his wicket.:sarcasm

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

I know that...but first you beat Australia and then we will see about the rest of this..

Nothing wrong in being optimistic... We (most of the true Indian fans) believe India can beat Australia. But yeah, you guys dont need to start worrying till that game tomorrow.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

The fact which has been used as reason/excuse for the loss yesterday - India is not with the full strength. :sarcasm

To be honest, his figures tell other way. 4/55 isn't good like 4/35 or 4/40. We were put in the pressure because Pakistan reached 300+. So if Pakistan had got 20-30 runs shorter, we would have had a different story. In this way, I won't call Nehra as heroic bowler.

You just dont accept a good performance from any of the fast bowler because you are just so stuck up in the rut of criticising them for anything and everything. Nehra's was a good performance yesterday. We didnt call him heroic. Now you want to belittle that performance and so you raise the stakes, compare against it and try to bring the performance down.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Irfan Pathan is far better than RP Singh. He can also bat well.

Quite true. I am missing Irfan. His batting too would have helped.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Well technically India won't be sending Pakistan home, that boat has already sailed.

No. There is a small possibility that Pakistan could still not qualify. India beats Australia by a convincing margin, Australia beat Pakistan by a big margin, and India beat WI by a big margin could still keep Pakistan below Australia and India in run rate.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Abishek Nayar and Suresh Raina can hit a few!!!

Hope he is played! I am waiting to see him.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
No. There is a small possibility that Pakistan could still not qualify. India beats Australia by a convincing margin, Australia beat Pakistan by a big margin, and India beat WI by a big margin could still keep Pakistan below Australia and India in run rate.

And just how is India sending Pakistan home? Technically they're not.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
And just how is India sending Pakistan home? Technically they're not.

India beat Australia

India - 2, Australia - 2, Pakistan - 4

Australia beat Pakistan

India - 2, Australia - 4, Pakistan - 4

India beat West Indies

India - 4, Australia - 4, Pakistan - 4

And that ends Group A where all three end up on the same points. NRR will come into play here. So if India beat Australia and WI by a margin that pushes their NRR over either Pakistan or Australia, they are in. Australia need to ensure their NRR is over Pakistan or India and they are in. And both these situations could still be technically possible (because we cant predict victory margins). So there is still a slight chance Pakistan cant qualify. They need to ensure they qualify by beating Australia.

P.s: Expecting Surender to quote this post (esp. the India beating Australia part) where he can start off on how bad India's fast bowling is and how we cannot beat Australia.:laugh

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
India beat Australia

India - 2, Australia - 2, Pakistan - 4

Australia beat Pakistan

India - 2, Australia - 4, Pakistan - 4

India beat West Indies

India - 4, Australia - 4, Pakistan - 4

And that ends Group A where all three end up on the same points. NRR will come into play here. So if India beat Australia and WI by a margin that pushes their NRR over either Pakistan or Australia, they are in. Australia need to ensure their NRR is over Pakistan or India and they are in. And both these situations could still be technically possible (because we cant predict victory margins). So there is still a slight chance Pakistan cant qualify. They need to ensure they qualify by beating Australia.

P.s: Expecting Surender to quote this post (esp. the India beating Australia part) where he can start off on how bad India's fast bowling is and how we cannot beat Australia.:laugh

You should probably read my first post again. I know Pakistan can still miss the semi finals, but India won't be "knocking" them out.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Nah, I think they kinda will be. Just not directly...

But we might see Pakistan again in future rounds. We'll redeem ourselves! :boxing

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I'm happy with waiting. It adds so much weight to that match, and brings a real edge back to India vs Pakistan.

Plus, we've never lost a world cup match to Pakistan. :D

blazerix

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm happy with waiting. It adds so much weight to that match, and brings a real edge back to India vs Pakistan.

Plus, we've never lost a world cup match to Pakistan. :D

And we never will either. :D

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer

I agree..last year or so Pakistan and India were playing so much cricket against each other it got boring at one point..the matches didn't have that edge that they usually do.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It would actually be good to meet Pakistan again only in the 2011 WC. It will add so much weight to the game and the hype and expectations would increase tremendously. Hopefull that time, we have our best side to face Pakistan and beat them convincingly:p:D

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Nah, I think they kinda will be. Just not directly...

But we might see Pakistan again in future rounds. We'll redeem ourselves! :boxing

Nice optimism... Hope that can happen! But lets think about Australia first tomorrow. If we meet Pakistan again, it would have to be the final (we can meet them in the semis). If India can get to the final from now on, it would be a tremendous achievement and would require a special performance. I would just be happy with a semifinal spot, and I hope we get to that

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

India's never beat Bangladesh in a World Cup match either. (ODI's)

Are you serious, or you're just trying to be sarcastic? The number of matches played between India-Pakistan in WC's is a lot more, and thats when these stats come into count.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Just saying... I believe which ever team plays better on it's day will win. I don't believe that stats really mean much. I know SA are considered chokers, but that has more to do with their inability to handle pressure in big events, rather than 'choking'.

Users who are viewing this thread