4th Match: England v Sri Lanka (Group B)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well done England. That was really a surprise. It opens up lots of possibilities in Group B and makes the remaining matches very interesting to follow. Beating a team that just beat the best one in the world, is an achievement.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Eng have really surprised, they bowled really well, got early wickets, i just feel SL took a bit lightly (just a bit) there was a bit grass on the wicket, it looked a bit green, there were cracks ,but it helped Eng early on...

Params7

International Cricketer
In short they need to play at home. ;)

I feel Sanga really is not going to be a good Capt and will be made to step down soon. He's been arrogant and egoistic as ever, and his comments in the presentation proved he would rather hate and blame the game on the pitch than recognize faults in his team so he can improve on them the next time.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
cong.... to all my english friends... england rocked!!! better team won!! super sutff. dutch you look sooo happy mate :D

D

Dutch

cong.... to all my english friends... england rocked!!! better team won!! super sutff. dutch you look sooo happy mate :D

Yes I am. It was an excellent and crucial opening spell by the seamers and really put the pressure on you guys. A good middle order effort made for a half decent score but it wass never going to be enough. I thought England played with composure and tactical awareness and it is wonderful to see the middle order putting a winning effort together. Excellent stuff. The Sri Lanka Kiwi game is looking crucial for you guys now. Thats going to be very interesting but I would put my money on Sri Lanka but NZ are no mugs and it could be tight.

England are leading the group!:eek::D:)

karnog

International Cricketer
Anderson must suffer from bipolar. His bowling form fluctuates heavily. Though i suppose he has that X factor but they're missing a steady pacemen. I like Onions though. He seems to be an impact bowler but god line and length people. Broad is decent at the death. As for Shah yeah he looked horrid but he fought it out and gave England a chance. They still need an explosive openner with strauss.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
" ... well if their was an Appealing XI, I'm sure Sangakarra will be the captain of that as well ... "

Haha, classic.

Max Peters

Club Captain
I feel Sanga really is not going to be a good Capt and will be made to step down soon. He's been arrogant and egoistic as ever, and his comments in the presentation proved he would rather hate and blame the game on the pitch than recognize faults in his team so he can improve on them the next time.

I totally agree with you. Since Sangakkara's got the captaincy he has become really arrogant and he's nowhere like the calm and kind Sangakkara before. He's trying to make Sri Lanka into a team like Australia, however this doesn't suit Sri Lanka's style. I don't like him as much as I used to. The oly problem with the captaincy, is that he is the only one suitable in the team to have it.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I totally agree with you. Since Sangakkara's got the captaincy he has become really arrogant and he's nowhere like the calm and kind Sangakkara before. He's trying to make Sri Lanka into a team like Australia, however this doesn't suit Sri Lanka's style. I don't like him as much as I used to. The oly problem with the captaincy, is that he is the only one suitable in the team to have it.

I was going to make a post about this a couple of weeks ago, but yea I agree Sangakkara has become very arrogant. His comment before the first ODI between NZ and Sri Lanka in the Compaq cup stunk of it.

Dong

Club Cricketer
Extremely well played by England.....If they play like this they have a great chance of making it to the semi finals.....

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
His comment before the first ODI between NZ and Sri Lanka in the Compaq cup stunk of it.

Just out of interest, what did he say?

And I didn't like his comments about the pitch after the match either. I hate it whenever a captain tries to palm the blame onto something else. Both teams played on the same pitch but England won because we picked a team better suited to it and we did the business.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Just out of interest, what did he say?

And I didn't like his comments about the pitch after the match either. I hate it whenever a captain tries to palm the blame onto something else. Both teams played on the same pitch but England won because we picked a team better suited to it and we did the business.

The commentator asked him about the two 20/20's and the form his team would be taking into the ODI tournament. He said that for New Zealand to beat Sri Lanka they had to play at their best and Sri Lanka had to play really bad. It was something like that but I was less then impressed tbh, even if it might be ture :p

Users who are viewing this thread