4th Match: England v Sri Lanka (Group B)

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
The much hailed Sri Lankan top order completely failed to adapt to the conditions and just went about playing the game as they would on their low and flat wickets at home.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
The commentator asked him about the two 20/20's and the form his team would be taking into the ODI tournament. He said that for New Zealand to beat Sri Lanka they had to play at their best and Sri Lanka had to play really bad. It was something like that but I was less then impressed tbh, even if it might be ture :p

That's just a terrible lack of professionalism from him if he said that. Even Jose Mourinho wouldn't talk down teams like that.

charith

Club Captain
Just reading the comments on here people are being pretty harsh on Sangakkara.

@Howsie i don't think thats exactly what he said dude your exaggerating that a wee bit. For years we've been the nice guys of world cricket and I like how he's trying to change the team dynamic. I do agree to an extent coz he needs to do it in match situations as well as his talk. Has to walk the talk as well. I don't think there is anyone else in world cricket atm who is as articulate and into the game as much as Sangakkara is. I've always liked how he's tried to have an aggressive mindset ala Australia but we have a long way to go to become like them and I dont think he is trying that at all.

I was less than impressed with the recent NZ test series especially on day 5 of the last Test he let things meander on when there was absolutely no chance of NZ scoring the runs to win. Whatever he says he is still in the traditional mode of conservative SL captains and maybe down the line he would become more aggressive especially in Test match cricket. I dont really care about how we do in ODIs and T20s to be honest but want us to get to 1 in Test and win in Aus and South Africa especially.

Agreed about the excessive appealing tho it was a bit riddiculous at times but I dont think thats exclusive to the Sri Lankans.

Max Peters

Club Captain

@Howsie i don't think thats exactly what he said dude your exaggerating that a wee bit. For years we've been the nice guys of world cricket and I like how he's trying to change the team dynamic. I do agree to an extent coz he needs to do it in match situations as well as his talk. Has to walk the talk as well. I don't think there is anyone else in world cricket atm who is as articulate and into the game as much as Sangakkara is. I've always liked how he's tried to have an aggressive mindset ala Australia but we have a long way to go to become like them and I dont think he is trying that at all.

I was less than impressed with the recent NZ test series especially on day 5 of the last Test he let things meander on when there was absolutely no chance of NZ scoring the runs to win. Whatever he says he is still in the traditional mode of conservative SL captains and maybe down the line he would become more aggressive especially in Test match cricket. I dont really care about how we do in ODIs and T20s to be honest but want us to get to 1 in Test and win in Aus and South Africa especially.

Agreed about the excessive appealing tho it was a bit riddiculous at times but I dont think thats exclusive to the Sri Lankans.

I agree with you that Sangakkara is trying to change Sri Lanka, but in doing so he has changed his own way, in which he has lost his nice guy way and has changed his mentally to an aggressive one. I understand that he's trying to change the team, however changing himself isn't the way to do it.

Max Peters

Club Captain
That video's quite funny. He may have had an agressive mentality however I think he's pushing it too much since he's got the captaincy.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
he was always fair though, he's well known as a sledger but sledging is part of the game, it's not like in that clip he was using gamesmanship.

lately he has been unfair, appealing stuff he must know isn't a wicket.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

It might not of been word for word correct but he said something very similar to that. When he said it I was like WTF, harsh.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After watching this match through and through, I have become more and more irritated about Graeme Swann's teeth.

Someone bowl this guy a bouncer and knock em' out. Their horrid.

donkey8pw.jpg
= Graeme Swann's teeth​
See the resemblence?

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
After watching this match through and through, I have become more and more irritated about Graeme Swann's teeth.

Someone bowl this guy a bouncer and knock em' out. Their horrid.

donkey8pw.jpg
= Graeme Swann's teeth​
See the resemblence?

hahahaha i felt this way through the whole ashes series

Users who are viewing this thread