7th Match: New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guptill has been doing well at 3. Maybe they want to try cement him there.

Yea I guess that's the thinking behind the Redmond pick. It's kind of a strange selection call-up tbh. Remond had a really good 20/20 season last year but he wasn't that great in the 50 over game. Maybe they'll get him to play his shot's and get McCullum to bat through the innings (Or attempt).

Hopefully Redmond comes of, he can really score quickly once he gets going.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
How long will Ryder survive? He seems to be getting injured after every other game.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
How long will Ryder survive? He seems to be getting injured after every other game.

Worrying isn't it. I think every single injury he's picked up (Bar his hand) has been in the groin area.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well they called Redmond up for the T20 World Cup for Ryder, and he came and played well IIRC...

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Taking Gary Kirsten's new advice I presume?

That was just so funny...

I don't understand how cricket players get groin injuries. Normally it happens to me while playing football(soccer) and I try pass and the ball gets taken away from me or it's wet so my foot slides stretching my adductors.

In cricket you don't really slide or take any unexpected steps. Weird.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
That was just so funny...

I don't understand how cricket players get groin injuries. Normally it happens to me while playing football(soccer) and I try pass and the ball gets taken away from me or it's wet so my foot slides stretching my adductors.

In cricket you don't really slide or take any unexpected steps. Weird.

Yea I did mine in fourth form by just kicking a rugby ball, I couldn't walk properly for weeks.

You can get this type of injury with the most little random things though, running at full speed and doing it isn't unheard of.

Howsie added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Well they called Redmond up for the T20 World Cup for Ryder, and he came and played well IIRC...

Against Ireland :spy

He didn't do too badly against Sri Lanka though. I think he made a quick 20 odd.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Yea I did mine in fourth form by just kicking a rugby ball, I couldn't walk properly for weeks.

You can get this type of injury with the most little random things though, running at full speed and doing it isn't unheard of.

It hurts like hell too. Once I strained it and I could hardly walk or stand for a week.

Running at full speed and straining it only ever seems to happen when you previously strained it a few days or weeks before. The reason running sometimes strains it because your putting stress each time you walk. So you need to make it stronger by using the bike and stretching.

karnog

International Cricketer
Guptill has been doing well at 3. Maybe they want to try cement him there.

Agree. They're finally settling on a good top order with a pretty good middle order in Elliot and Taylor. Just need a handy number 5 or 6 and they're set. I hope they ignore Fulton if Broom doesn't click. He's so annoying. Who are the other domestic hopefuls?

I like the idea of elevating Vettori to 7 unless its the poweplay or death overs where Franklin comes in.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Agree. They're finally settling on a good top order with a pretty good middle order in Elliot and Taylor. Just need a handy number 5 or 6 and they're set. I hope they ignore Fulton if Broom doesn't click. He's so annoying. Who are the other domestic hopefuls?

I like the idea of elevating Vettori to 7 unless its the poweplay or death overs where Franklin comes in.

If Broom doesn't click we might see Shannon Stewart come in. But yea our top five is pretty solid, just need McCullum to attack more.

Ari

International Cricketer
As always with New Zealand cricket their is not much in reserve when people are out of form or get injured. Kane Williamson is certainly one to keep an eye on although he might be another season away yet. If Jamie How finds form and we shift McCullum down the order he could come back too.

irottev

School Cricketer
Tuffey's injured now. Broken hand. Out of tournament. Probably means Diremanti plays. I hope we use Patel instead.

We get such crap luck with injuries, always happens at the wrong time during these big tournaments. We're really the unluckiest side in the world.

Oh and as if that news wasn't bad enough, Redmond might not get there in time for the game. So looks like we're going to pay for picking such a shitty squad and not having proper replacements on hand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread