2nd Match: Pakistan v West Indies (Group A)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
For disucssion of the first Group A match between Pakistan and West Indies.

Pakistan (probable) 1 Imran Nazir, 2 Kamran Akmal (wk), 3 Shoaib Malik, 4 Mohammad Yousuf, 5 Misbah-ul-Haq, 6 Umar Akmal, 7 Shahid Afridi (capt), 8 Naved-ul-Hasan, 9 Saeed Ajmal, 10 Umar Gul, 11 Mohammad Aamer

West Indies (probable) 1 Dale Richards, 2 Andre Fletcher, 3 Devon Smith, 4 Travis Dowlin, 5 Floyd Reifer (capt), 6 Kieran Powerll, 7 David Bernard, 8 Chadwick Walton (wk), 9 Darren Sammy, 10 Kemar Roach, 11 Nikita Miller.

Cricinfo Preview

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

Pakistan (probable) 1 Imran Nazir, 2 Kamran Akmal (wk), 3 Shoaib Malik, 4 Mohammad Yousuf, 5 Misbah-ul-Haq, 6 Umar Akmal, 7 Shahid Afridi (capt), 8 Naved-ul-Hasan, 9 Saeed Ajmal, 10 Umar Gul, 11 Mohammad Aamer

West Indies (probable) 1 Dale Richards, 2 Andre Fletcher, 3 Devon Smith, 4 Travis Dowlin, 5 Floyd Reifer (capt), 6 Kieran Powerll, 7 David Bernard, 8 Chadwick Walton (wk), 9 Darren Sammy, 10 Kemar Roach, 11 Nikita Miller.

Cricinfo Preview

Im not sure about roach. He injured his ankle in the last warm up. I hope he plays and bowls well, also keeping my eye on Fletcher.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Afridi will be leading at least for this match,as Younis is out with hairline fracture...

silly.point

School Cricketer
I can't see anyway that the undermanned West Indian team can get up in this one. You would have to think that with guys like Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi and Mohammad Yousuf that the Pakistan team have this one in the bag.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I can't see anyway that the undermanned West Indian team can get up in this one. You would have to think that with guys like Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi and Mohammad Yousuf that the Pakistan team have this one in the bag.

On the other side these WI players have nothing to lose. Pakistan is the one under pressure not to mess it up and lose this game. Then they would be in tough having to beat the other teams.

I just hope WI put up a fight.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

Cricinfo Preview

What's the prize for picking up on a cricinfo spelling mistake.

I'm not really giving the West Indies much of a chance here, the only way I can see them winning is if:

-Pakistan have one of their annual tournament collapses
-Richards, Fletcher, or Powell make a big score. If either of them bat 30-35 overs I'd back them too make 300 (As long as the other batsmen rotate the strike and don't get out of course).

As for the batting line-up. If Fletcher get's out early I'd push Powell up the order and bat him at three.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
the good thing with this is that the team bats all the way down to #9. If the team is actually like this.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I wish WI can put up a good fight and scare Pakistan a bit so that they come under some tiny bit of pressure when they face India. Will be good for us.;)

piriyanth

International Cricketer
I can see Pakistan winning this easily,as long as they don't screw it up, like they did in the 2007 world cup against Ireland

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I am supporting Windies. Come on give us an upset.

D0N

Club Cricketer
Bad news Younas is not playing today bcoz of his finger injury but good news is that Shahid Afridi is the capton of Pakistan team

yasirbhai

School Cricketer
Afridi captained pakistan in recent t20 match against srilanka in srilanka.but he has experience of captaincy in domestic cricket in pakistan in which he captains karachi team.

Users who are viewing this thread