5th Match: Australia vs West Indies (Group A)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh wow, they've actually called a wide.

Edit: It was Tony Hill

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Very average win but credit to the Windies they put up a good fight. Bowling was good although it seems they didn't use it well given the pitch basically died when we started and the top order was good until Reifer came in.

Unlucky for Hauritz missed the chance for a hattrick.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
well a better performance then the 1st match but still I didn't expect a win. Roach was good, a bit expensive but he bowled well. He has a bright future ahead of him, WI could have used him against Pakistan.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Very average win but credit to the Windies they put up a good fight. Bowling was good although it seems they didn't use it well given the pitch basically died when we started and the top order was good until Reifer came in.

Unlucky for Hauritz missed the chance for a hattrick.

Yea pretty much what I was going to say. The bowling was good in spurts but for the main in was to way-ward (At the end anyway).

As for Australia. I thought the batting of Ponting was all class, he batted very well on a seaming deck. It's good to see Johnson finally perform with the bat in one day cricket also, he's a treat to watch when in full flow. I thought the bowling was very average though, a better team probably would of chased that total down.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
So I didnt watch the game but did Johnson edge that ball that cricinfo is talking about?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The way Ponting played was where he left off from the 7th ODI in England, another tricky pitch but his innings was a class above. Hes missed the chance to post a few more 100s though as his form has been top notch since his break. Will be interesting seeing if Johnson can continue this form against Pakistan's bowling attack.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We have been Writing off From Beginning.
West Indies Had No Support what so ever, If people would of given them Support it would of boost their confident more, but Many had written them off.
After Pakistan Match and now against Australia it have Shown these boys are Capable, but with out any experience Players, this team would still need to play more games before they start winning.

Before this Tournament, Many people though we would of gotten that MAssive lose like what happen against South Africa where they made 350+ and all out WI for 200, winning by a massive 100+ Runs.

I am Happy that we have surprise a few people, despite not winning any match so far, but what we have done is not disappointed, since no one had faith in West Indies to win any match. everyone though Pakistan, Australia and India would walk over West Indies and see how can get the Biggest win over them, but WI fight and fight hard.

Lets see what India match have for us. But i would really like to see a Down to the last over game. This Aus VS Wi would of been a Last over match, but the second half Failed

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Aussie fans have been complaining black and blue about Michael Clarke wasting balls and scoring too slowly but when he doesn't play, oh look we are 7/170 against the supposed easy beat Windies. We needed someone to soak up some deliveries.

Like this 7th ODI: England v Australia at Chester-le-Street, Sep 20, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com :p If you are going to soak up deliveries you have to make up for it in the end, not finish with a strike rate of under 50. Riefer did the same and in the end it cost WI a famous upset win.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors

Users who are viewing this thread