5th Match: Australia vs West Indies (Group A)

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'll say it again. Devon Smith is a good player of pace bowling. I don't see him making a big score, but he proved against England that he's a good player of pace bowling. I think the pitch could be un-doing of him today though, but if it doesn't then Hauritz certainly will.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
What on earth, 8 runs off 2 balls. Lee has been very hittable in his first 3 deliveries, he better start finding those areas soon.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Andre Fletcher is so bad it isn't funny. I really like the bloke and really enjoy watching him bat (slog) but he isn't a international cricketer yet.

Btw Brett Lee is bowling quick but Roach was quicker, even if it was only 0.1.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Geez we are bowling poorly, we haven't looked like troubling the WI batters like their bowlers did and their has been a few big hits.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Finally a good ball, only took to Watson came on :sarcasm
Siddle is far too loose, Johnson and Lee are more than enough when it comes to that.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
These two batsmen have to improve on turning the strike over, I haven't seen too many singles unless the ball as been bowled on the legs. But yea I agree the bowling for the most part has been pretty average.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looks like we have too much pace not enough accuracy. The WI 2nd 11 bowlers (ok some might not be) caused an inform Ponting some problems yet I haven't seen a ball from our bowlers do anything like that. Johnson's short ball is looking good but hes not building pressure with the other deliveries. We can only hope Lee can find reverse swing, looks like the only way we are going to get a wicket.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
:eek: First ball after drinks and Fletcher steps back and whacks the ball over mid-wicket.

Such class

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yea hes a real talent, him and Gayle (if he ever returns) could form one deadly combo.

Don't know why Ponting is taking so long to bring Hauritz on and might be time to try Hopes.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I'm picking Hauritz to get Fletcher out within the next couple of overs. He isn't very good at turning the strike over and Hauritz isn't going to bowl to many bad balls.

Dowlin is a very good player of spin though, he should be fine.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
WI have done very well so far. But do they have the firepower to go big later in the innings?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well played Fletcher, fast becoming a pain in the ass for us. Hopes isn't looking too dangerous, reverse swing looks like our only answer now.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
The Australian fast bowlers have bowled far to leg-side during this innings. Making this far too easy for both batsmen.

Howsie added 6 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

:facepalm That is shocking running between the wickets, you wont see much worse then that. It's a shame because Fletcher has actually played pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread