5th Match: Australia vs West Indies (Group A)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Australia have two guys out through injury so we won't know who their ideal choice for replacing Bracken was until the next game.

Australia (possible): 1 Shane Watson, 2 Tim Paine (wk), 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Hussey, 5 Callum Ferguson, 6 Cameron White, 7 James Hopes, 8 Mitchell Johnson, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Nathan Hauritz, 11 Peter Siddle.

West Indies (possible): 1 Dale Richards, 2 Andre Fletcher, 3 Devon Smith, 4 Travis Dowlin, 5 Floyd Reifer (capt), 6 David Bernard, 7 Darren Sammy, 8 Chadwick Walton (wk), 9 Nikita Miller, 10 Tino Best, 11 Gavin Tonge.

Cricinfo Preview

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
time to dominate boys.

on a serious note if Best plays this match too I totally give up on the selectors, that dude is useless.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
The West Indies need to beef up their batting for this game, Kieran Powell has to play. He should open with Richards and Fletcher should be pushed down to three.

karnog

International Cricketer
Wouldn't it be great if West Indies pulled the biggest upset of the tournament? It would do a lot for the ODI future. Lets not forget the Windies are 80% of the time (no actual research done:P) the arm chair fan's 2nd favourite side. I'm guessing fox sport's is airing this game?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
What a start by Roach, got no coverage atm, dam AFL!
Watson is having a shocker as opener, he seems to be following Clarke's lead by scarficing his ODI game for the improvement in his Test performance.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Harsh to criticse the shot tbh, swung so late. Absolute jaffer first up from Roach. Bowl a few more of those please Kemar.

Agree with Chappelli, these 2 should be in the side when the proper team come back. Benn and Baker can GTFO. An attack of Taylor, Edwards, Roach and Tonge would be more than handy.

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Check the sig. I rate the kid very highly. Too bad the AFL is still on, I want to see this ball.

Saw him play against Auckland last year and I was very suprised he didn't play against us at anytime time, he was bowling bloody quick that day.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Really like what I see from Roach. He's listed as fast-medium but he's been quicker than that. Been fairly consistently at over 90mph, with one free-hit delivery reading 148.5kmph.

Edit: Wow, they've just shown a table of the fastest bowlers in the competition. I'll run down the top 5 for people who missed it:

Kemar Roach 151.9
Lasith Malinga 150.0
Tino Best 147.7
Shane Bond 145.8
Dale Steyn 145.3

Pretty impressive numbers there! Roach is ridiculously quick. Can see Lee and Johnson getting themselves on there today though.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hes the fastest bowler of the tournament at 151km/h. Should change when Lee and Johnson bowl though :p This pitch is really green, should suit Paine's game of survival.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Really like what I see from Roach. He's listed as fast-medium but he's been quicker than that. Been fairly consistently at over 90mph, with one free-hit delivery reading 148.5kmph.

Edit: Wow, they've just shown a table of the fastest bowlers in the competition. I'll run down the top 5 for people who missed it:

Kemar Roach 151.9
Lasith Malinga 150.0
Tino Best 147.7
Shane Bond 145.8
Dale Steyn 145.3

Pretty impressive numbers there! Roach is ridiculously quick. Can see Lee and Johnson getting themselves on there today though.

That's why it's surprising he hasn't played that much for the Windies over the last year, he has had a no-ball problem though.

Users who are viewing this thread