2nd Match: Pakistan v West Indies (Group A)

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hmmm WI bowled better than I thought.

Anyway Pakistan need to improve on their batting if they want to go to the next round.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
It would not of surprised me one bit had I woken up and found out Pakistan had lost chasing 135. The question is, does this count has a bad batting performance?

If not one's just around the corner.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This WI side is a joke. What's the likes of Gayle, Chanderpaul, etc all doing. Wasted talent.

Well i personally wouldn't take them back.
These young boys can Change West Indies around, all they need is More experience. Chris Gayle and Company, keep us on 7th- 8 th place For Over a Decade we had never ever Ever move up so i personally dont think it would make a different between Original WI to this second string.

Today I didnt expected a West Indies Win, nor did i expect them to win any of these Matches, But I was Very Happy with West Indies Bowling performance today.

Pakistan Favorites of winning the Tournament, yet a Weaken team, who dont have nothing to lose, Came close to Making an upset.

Pakistan was to Dominate this Game after WI were all out for 135 or something runs. After seeing West indies making those Run, If these boys didnt had the Talent, Pakistan would of Win without losing a Wicket.

These West Indies Have Talent, but they Lacks Experience that's one thing many people is forgetting.

D Smith, D Richard, T Drowlin, Benard are talented Batsman, but they Lack experience in international level.
And more they Train and Play international Cricket would improve them.
currently only two players in West Indies who isn't showing no improvement and thats the Captain F Reifer with the bat and T Best with the ball.

We need to start Over our Cricket From the Bottom and I am backing WICB 100%. Only problem is Talented Player like D Bravo (Dwyane Bravo Brother), A Barath these two young player are talented Batsmen and would be great in West Indies, unfortunately they are wasted with the Strike Players.

Now i just Hope WI do good against Aussie and India, Dont mind they wouldn't Win, But Go down Fighting to the End.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
I like the look of Umar Akmal, hes already proving to be consistent so he could be the answer to these collapses. Misbah has looked good in the warm ups but how he'll go when it counts is another question.

Indeed.Luckily he was there today or else the outcome of the match could've been different, it was a pathetic batting display from Pakistan.

shirazu

Club Cricketer
Even though WI sort of made a game of it this was a very good result for Pakistan. Aus/Ind/Pak each going 2-1 is a fairly likely result in which case it will come down to net RR. Winning in 30 overs after bowling them out for 133 is quite a blowout and I would expect WI to put up more of a fight in their next two games, at least in terms of posting a decent total, so this bodes well for Pakistan's chances.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Well i personally wouldn't take them back.
These young boys can Change West Indies around, all they need is More experience. Chris Gayle and Company, keep us on 7th- 8 th place For Over a Decade we had never ever Ever move up so i personally dont think it would make a different between Original WI to this second string.

Today I didnt expected a West Indies Win, nor did i expect them to win any of these Matches, But I was Very Happy with West Indies Bowling performance today.

Pakistan Favorites of winning the Tournament, yet a Weaken team, who dont have nothing to lose, Came close to Making an upset.

Pakistan was to Dominate this Game after WI were all out for 135 or something runs. After seeing West indies making those Run, If these boys didnt had the Talent, Pakistan would of Win without losing a Wicket.

These West Indies Have Talent, but they Lacks Experience that's one thing many people is forgetting.

D Smith, D Richard, T Drowlin, Benard are talented Batsman, but they Lack experience in international level.
And more they Train and Play international Cricket would improve them.
currently only two players in West Indies who isn't showing no improvement and thats the Captain F Reifer with the bat and T Best with the ball.

We need to start Over our Cricket From the Bottom and I am backing WICB 100%. Only problem is Talented Player like D Bravo (Dwyane Bravo Brother), A Barath these two young player are talented Batsmen and would be great in West Indies, unfortunately they are wasted with the Strike Players.

Now i just Hope WI do good against Aussie and India, Dont mind they wouldn't Win, But Go down Fighting to the End.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Just no. I agree with you in some parts mind you but Devon Smith, and Dale Richards have no future with this team. Even Travis Dowlin is pushing it because he's already 32. The only player's in this team that have a future with the West Indies national tear are Kemar Roach, Kieran Powell, Nikita Miller, and maybe Andre Fletcher (Although he has a long way to go). Kevin McClean looks like a good prospect to but he sprays the ball around way too much.

The part I agree with you is that Darren Bravo and Adrian Barath have massive futures ahead of them.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Just no. I agree with you in some parts mind you but Devon Smith, and Dale Richards have no future with this team. Even Travis Dowlin is pushing it because he's already 32. The only player's in this team that have a future with the West Indies national tear are Kemar Roach, Kieran Powell, Nikita Miller, and maybe Andre Fletcher (Although he has a long way to go). Kevin McClean looks like a good prospect to but he sprays the ball around way too much.

The part I agree with you is that Darren Bravo and Adrian Barath have massive futures ahead of them.
One massive problem in the Caribbean, as I've said before, is how a young West Indian is supposed to get experience. These players need to be called up for development squads or international duty just to get it, because it would take them 7 years just to play 50 one day games other wise. Players who haven't been nurtured by selectors are rarely if ever going to find their own way. We can only wonder if players like Dowlin could have been quite good if they were exposed to a lot more high level cricket when they were still in their 20s.

Users who are viewing this thread