3rd Match: South Africa vs. New Zealand (Group B)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I though Wagner was eligible, he played in the emerging cup games?

nz0003 added 4 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Don't agree with the complete clean out Howsie. McGlashen can't do any better, and neither can Young. Atleast you know McCullum has got the ability it's all about finding that form. I would keep Guptill in the ODI team but not the test team, here is my preferred ODI XI for the next series:

1. Ryder
2. Guptill
3. Broom
4. Taylor
5. Elliot
6. McCullum
7. Franklin
8. Vettori
9. Mills/Butler
10. Tuffey
11. Bond

Still isn't great, but the best I reckon we can put on the park.

100 percent sure Wagner has two years left. If he was already eligible he'd be in the team :p

Yea my cleanout is a little extreme but I actually like the team your've come up with.

What are you're guys thoughts on Shannon Stewart. He had a pretty good year last year and he killed the England Lions in a couple of games towards the end of the year. I remember him scoring a 50 ball 80 odd which included 4-5 sixes. I'd give him a run in a 20/20 game and see what happens from there.

nz0003

International Cricketer
100 percent sure Wagner has two years left. If he was already eligible he'd be in the team :p

Yea my cleanout is a little extreme but I actually like the team your've come up with.

What are you're guys thoughts on Shannon Stewart. He had a pretty good year last year and he killed the England Lions in a couple of games towards the end of the year. I remember him scoring a 50 ball 80 odd which included 4-5 sixes. I'd give him a run in a 20/20 game and see what happens from there.

I don't see much domestic cricket, so wouldn't really know, can't hurt to give him a go.

N McCullum wouldn't be a bad option at 7, but his batting is a bit dubious isn't it?

Ari

International Cricketer
I don't see much domestic cricket, so wouldn't really know, can't hurt to give him a go.

N McCullum wouldn't be a bad option at 7, but his batting is a bit dubious isn't it?

His batting is abit dodgy I wouldn't count on him to pull us out of a massive hole but he could add 20 or so quick runs at the end of an innings. You would certainly have to pick him for his spin and look at his batting as a bonus.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

Like Ari said New Zealand wouldn't count on him batting 15-20 overs. He's a good striker of the ball and he can score his runs really quickly. If the pitch is going to help the spinner's I'd have him in the team for sure.

age of the fall

International Cricketer

I was at that game, an he was hitting the ball cleanly. That was a great innings.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
Good news for Kiwi fans James Franklin has been called up to replace the injured Oram.

Ari

International Cricketer
Only option for the Kiwis really but I would have concerns about playing him at 7.

Why is that? I feel 7 is perfect for him he can bat higher if needed or rebuild an innings after a collapse. He doesn't take 30 balls to get in unlike Oram.

He averaged 51 for Wellington last season and 44 for Gloucestershire this season in one day games. Hes no longer a bowler who bats just a bit.

Last edited:

D0N

Club Cricketer
Match was interesting Good fight from both teams but New Zealand can't make a big score on the board if the make 280 then they have good chances of wining

irottev

School Cricketer
I just read a stupid article on cricinfo.

Page 2 | The Long Handle | Cricinfo.com

Andrew Hughes can go suck a fat one. But considering his bitching about what players look like he probably does that anyway. If you wanna bitch about anything, bitch about Dilshan's attention seeking beard. Oh and

It can surely be no coincidence that the two biggest troublemakers in international cricket - Andrew Flintoff and Brendon McCullum - are covered in inky dribble

When exactly has McCullum caused any trouble. Don't remember him doing any drunken displays anywhere near Flintoff's level. He's actually done absolutely nothing. I don't remember him being in the news for the wrong reasons once.

And about Franklin, it's about damn time.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
About time Franklin was selected. Will he be ready by Sunday? He should be shouldn't he.

Users who are viewing this thread