1st Semi-Final: England v Sri Lanka at Gros Islet

P

pcfan123

How much of Malinga have Kieswetter and Lumb seen? Any?

Mahela has failed in all the big games so far, Jayasuria gives a chance within the first over he faces, Dilshan is awful right now. Id say Sanga and Matthews are the only ones to worry about.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I mainly meant Jayawardene, Sangakarra, Mathews and Kapugedera. But Dilshan and Jayasuriya are both players who could get going, no matter how bad their form is. We need to watch those first 4 though. I think their bowling is less of a worry, as apart from Malinga and Mendis, they're relatively ordinary in this tournament.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Very interesting match. England will be considered favorites, but the Lankans picked up things at the right time. Mathews came into form and Kapugedara who I thought is a pretty ordinary T20 batsmen, defied the odds with a brilliant knock. However they need their pacers to pick themselves up.
You have to be careful with how you judge Kapugedera, that's how he does things. He'll give you a glimpse of why he's in the team and why they think so much of him, but he'll not do anything like it again for a long time.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
They won't have seen any of Malinga, or Mendis. Hopefully KP'll keep his form up, same with Morgan and it'd be nice to see Collingwood actually do something with the bat.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
jayawardene has a terrific record against england though, there his best average in ODIs and he does extremely well in tests against them.

in fact sri lanka on the whole has done well against england in all formats, except that one of the reasons for that is murali who england have never coped with.

I still fancy england because overall they've simply been better this tournament, but sri lanka have the weapons to hurt them if they fire.

War

Chairman of Selectors

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
^ I would say the current bowling attack is better. Only Gough is the standout. Flintoff wasn't the same in 2002 as he was say in 2005 and beyond.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^^ Caddick was in very good form in 2002 but still both teams looks quite equal if we will have an extensive comparison of them.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Pietersen wasn't there, Flintoff not in good flow, never considered Thorpe as a good ODI player. He was too slow for it and never had a hundred. Treskothick was a sheer class but Prior is better than Foster.
Bowling attack looks pale.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
This will be a good match but without murali i don't see us winning this.Sri Lanka's XI

1.Tillekaratne Dilshan
2.Mahela Jayawardene
3.Kumar Sangakkara(c,wk)
4.Angelo Mathews
5.Chamara Kapugedera
6.Dinesh Chandimal / Chintaka Jayasinghe
7.Sanath Jayasuriya (playing mainly as a bowler)
8.Thisera Perera
9.Thilan Thushara / Chanka Welegedara
10.Suraj Randiv
11.Lasith Malinga

England's XI

1.Michael Lumb / Ravi Bopara
2.Craig Kieswetter(WK)
3.KP
4.Paul Collingwood(C)
5.Eoin Morgan
6.Luke Wright
7.Michael Yardy
8.Tim Bresnan
9.Graeme Swann
10.Stuart Broad
11.Jimmy Anderson

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any predictions as to how much Sri Lanka would score today?
I'm going with 165-170.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Delighted we're bowling first. Think the pressure could have got to us batting first. You can't lose the game in the first 5 overs with the ball, but you can with the bat. Hopefully it'll go well for us.

D

Dutch

Come on England! England has the players to chase any total Sri Lanka can muster! Feeling confident!:)

Users who are viewing this thread