1st Semi-Final: England v Sri Lanka at Gros Islet

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
It really isn't nice watching Jayasuriya atm. Just needs to be put out of his misery, his eye has clearly gone. Nice delivery from Sid though.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Think that might be the last we'll see of Sanath Jayasuriya in international cricket. Unless they make it through to the final. He'll be dropped and announce his retirement. Sad end to an amazing career.

Obviously the two guys at the crease are the key, in particular Jayawardene. Get him early and we are in with a real chance.

Brook

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
This partnership holds the key to who wins this match I reckon.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Should get Broad in bowling quick and short at him. Just a shame we've not got anyone as quick as Nannes or Tait really. I still think Jayawardene's suspect against good short pitched bowling.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lankan team and cricket gets a fail for continuing to play Jayausriya. Same goes for him, he just needs to realize it himself and end the misery.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
England Are Favourites But Lankans are pretty much a team to creat upset

War

Chairman of Selectors
^ I would say the current bowling attack is better. Only Gough is the standout. Flintoff wasn't the same in 2002 as he was say in 2005 and beyond.

sachingr8 said:
Pietersen wasn't there, Flintoff not in good flow, never considered Thorpe as a good ODI player. He was too slow for it and never had a hundred. Treskothick was a sheer class but Prior is better than Foster.
Bowling attack looks pale.

Themer said:
The current ODI team is alot better than that so I fail to see your point.

Hmm. Lets to a player vs player comparison with the teams

Trescothick/Knight>>>>>>>Lumb/Kieswetter - Tres was ENGs greatest ODI opener & with Knight formed ENGs greatest limited overs opening pair. Lumb & Kieswetter cant compare. Although i expect both of them (especially Kieswetter to become one of England best limited overs openers ever).

KP>>>>>>Hussain - Obviously

Thorpe 2002=Collingwood 2010 - In the respect roles they play/played as #4 batsmen they are about equal.

Morgan 2010>>>>>>>Colingwood 2002 - Obviously

Flintoff 2002>>>>>>Wright 2010 - Obviously. If it was Flintoff 2010 playing instead then it would have been different.

White 2002>>>>Bresnan 2010 - Obviously.

Kiieswtter 2010=Stewart 2002 - Given that the keepers played different roles you can't compare them. But they did their respective roles in those different positions as good as possible for England.

Swann & Yardy>>>>Giles - Obviously Swann was superior to Giles. But Giles was just as good as Yardy currently if not better.

Gouch/Caddick>>>>Broad/Sidebottom or Anderson - Obviously the former was the better new-ball pair.

The 2002 side was certainly just as good as the current set-up.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
What a start from Stuart Broad. Comes in, first ball bowls a jaffer to the in-form batsman in the tournament, and Sri Lanka are 26-3. Brilliant.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Superb bowling this. We have a brilliant chance to tie things down now that Jayawardene and Dilshan have gone.

Also, Broad actually decided to look back at the umpire. Makes a change from usually assuming it's out (I can't say much on the subject, I did the same last Sunday and it was given not out :p)

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm. Lets to a player vs player comparison with the teams

I still don't think that your player comparison proves that they were better especially when you think that Craig White is better than Bresnan currently is. White had a pitful average of 15 with the bat and his bowling figures although decent still don't make him better than Bresnan.

I'd also rate Collingwood ahead of Thorpe as Collingwood has managed to score multiple centuries on top of his brilliant fielding and decent right arm medium/off cutters. All this while basically having the same average.

Regardless of all of that the point Colly was trying to make was that this team are more powerful as in they can all clear the boundary down to number 10.

In other news great start from England. :)

Themer added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Just got a little better. Brilliant start now.

Users who are viewing this thread