5 run challenge. Anyone else done this yet???

Ch0rus

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So i just ran 5 runs and there weren't any overthrows either... Wondering if anyone else has done this yet...

Untitled3.png

If not, then lets see whoz the 1st one to do it and post a pic... Happy running :)

Last edited:

YouBears

School Cricketer
I too ran 4 runs, but didn't get an accomplishment or anything for it.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I did get a 5, two times actually. 1 run + 4 overthrows. So technically, that counts, right? :D

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I got run out on 48 in a legend career going for the 4th run. Would have been my first 50 on legend. Gutted

Ch0rus

Club Captain
Thats too bad man, when the fielder throws the ball, try to keep an eye on the marker which shows where the ball will land, if its near the bowler or keeper, stay put if its not u can sneak another run... I sneaked my 5th run when i saw that the fielders throw from the boundary would land on the center of the pitch... The throw went straight to the backup fielder, giving me that extra 2 seconds

Ch0rus

Club Captain
Other than that, its pretty much a general rule (in all difficulties) Dont take the fielders on
They're cheaters, the lot of them... Especially the keeper, hes a real prick...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have run 5 on a few rare occasions on PS3 without an overthrow. Nearly every single time it happened when the AI had the off side vacant (other than slips & point/backward point). I off drove the spinner (somehow this happened against spinner in most cases) and the bowler ran after it. Bowler got to it just before the boundary and dived while pushing the ball back. I had nearly completed the 4th by then and the extra run came as the fielder/bowler stood there for a second or two before picking up the ball and throwing it back.

Ch0rus

Club Captain
Yea i was fairly surprised how i got mine (hence the thread) ... I just lofted the bowler over the mid on fielder, who ran after it, dived at the boundary and sent back a wayward throw... I honestly did not think it possible for such a thing to happen without a glitch or something...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yea i was fairly surprised how i got mine (hence the thread) ... I just lofted the bowler over the mid on fielder, who ran after it, dived at the boundary and sent back a wayward throw... I honestly did not think it possible for such a thing to happen without a glitch or something...

With wayward throw, leading to overthrows, it's not that rare. But running 5 runs without overthrows need to check a few boxes - no fielder in the area, ball goes at the right speed so it's caught by the fielder right at the edge, the fielder puts in a dive without taking the ball with him which happens far more regularly, the fielder takes a second to admire the shot before the throw comes in and the throw shouldn't be a bullet one.

Ch0rus

Club Captain
With wayward throw, leading to overthrows, it's not that rare. But running 5 runs without overthrows need to check a few boxes - no fielder in the area, ball goes at the right speed so it's caught by the fielder right at the edge, the fielder puts in a dive without taking the ball with him which happens far more regularly, the fielder takes a second to admire the shot before the throw comes in and the throw shouldn't be a bullet one.
Well very often it happens in the game that the throw goes straight to the backup fielder... But u have to realize that the ball will go to the backup fielder right from the moment the throw is made; in order to sneak that extra run, otherwise there wouldn't be enough time, its not as easy as it sounds... If it is, show us how its done mate...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This one time I ran ran a one once...

Users who are viewing this thread