A few n00b questions

Eelementary

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys and gals. New on these forums - how are we all?

I've had Cricket 2002 for a while now, but I always just put it on easy and/or autoplayed innings. Now I want a challenge, and want to have fun, too. But I have some questions:

(1) If I use a fast bowler and bowl a delivery - by moving the little blue dot left and right, I am effectively making the ball move away and towards a right-handed batsman (respectively), right? I mean: right to move it into a batsman, and left to move it away. Is that right?

(2) I have no idea how to play yorkers. I always just sweep. Any other ways to effectively play them?

(3) Is there any way at all to get out in a different manner than just a run-out, LBW, bowled or caught by a fielder? I mean, is there a way I can bowl a ball so perfect that the batsmen edges it to the keeper? Or he charges down the ground to a spinner, misses and get stumped? Because they never happen to me.

(4) Back on the little blue dot - what does moving the dot up and down actually do?

Thanks for all your help.

afridi25

International Cricketer
dude, get cricket 05 or 07.

1. the blue dot on the balle determines how far u swing or spin the ball.

2. defend or hit down the ground. or flip of your pads.

3. probably is but EA are to crap at making it happen

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
afridi25 said:
dude, get cricket 05 or 07.
I have both, but I rate Cricket 2002 higher because it's more accessible and feels more like cricket.

Eelementary

School Cricketer
I'm considering getting Cricket 07, but I heard it was very similar to 2002. I recently played Ricky Ponting's game, and I have to say - the bowling was a lot of fun. Very realistic. I deceived batsmen with changes of pace quite often, unlike in 2002.

Users who are viewing this thread