Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Foolish game with pictures will not success me inside

Votes: 13 9.4%

• Total voters

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Online Cricket Games Owned
Biggs... Can you fix the HUD option....
It says HUD display and that means heads up display display... My OCD is bugging me....

Your use of the term "OCD" has got my CDO is bugging me ;)

Last edited:
D

Dutch

We might get a hint of those, if they ever unlock those sections in the Cricket Academy Beta perhaps? But it would be interesting to see things like the run-rate, worm, strike rate and whatever else stats they have from the game-play perhaps?

Definitely although I am more interested in stat tracking and archiving. How much detail will I have when I leaf through my career of twenty years? Cricket Coach does this brilliantly with its almanac feature. A real joy for stat fans. Some screenshots in that direction would be great.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I haven't played Cricket Coach, how does the Almanac work? Visually, it would be neat to perhaps have a "highlights" package of great innings or something cobbled together throughout your entire career? Perhaps, with the YouTube/Share feature that might be possible in this game... but visually, it would be nice to see how they're going to handle that stuff.

...that is a real look 'under the hood' though! I imagine "wide shot" is probably going to be easier to accomplish without spoiling those surprises.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I haven't played Cricket Coach, how does the Almanac work? Visually, it would be neat to perhaps have a "highlights" package of great innings or something cobbled together throughout your entire career? Perhaps, with the YouTube/Share feature that might be possible in this game... but visually, it would be nice to see how they're going to handle that stuff.

Maybe as you go through your career you have an option to save replays, and at the end of the career they combine all those clips together along with some nice effects to provide you with a highlight video of your career.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, and visually getting a look at that in a screenshot would be interesting... we'll place that in the "HUD" category...

angad

Chairman of Consent
Definitely although I am more interested in stat tracking and archiving. How much detail will I have when I leaf through my career of twenty years? Cricket Coach does this brilliantly with its almanac feature. A real joy for stat fans. Some screenshots in that direction would be great.

What kind of stats are we talking about here. Seeing the Cricket Academy, we have stuff like matches, runs, avg, fours, sixes etc....are you talking about these or you talking about more in depth like batting order played in, well timed shots, catches dropped, percentage of shots on leg side etc?

fiction

County Cricketer
Maybe as you go through your career you have an option to save replays, and at the end of the career they combine all those clips together along with some nice effects to provide you with a highlight video of your career.

I think we will be playing countless matches in a career that spans over 20 years.And,if we were to savor the precious moments which will be later combined into a video,it will be a freaking huge video.Realizing the size of the video,I don't think it is possible.

angad

Chairman of Consent
I think we will be playing countless matches in a career that spans over 20 years.And,if we were to savor the precious moments which will be later combined into a video,it will be a freaking huge video.Realizing the size of the video,I don't think it is possible.

Maybe at the end of your career you would get a book with your biography, fictional ofcourse, but based on the events throughout your career with pics from some of your most famous achievements :D! And based on your achievements in the book, you would get an amount of money as 'revenue from sale of the book' which would add up to your tally on the leaderboard :p!!

D

Dutch

Cricket Coach Almanack

Gives an idea of how the almanac works. All the facts and figures are taken from the game. I think it would be brilliant to be able to flick through something like that after a twenty year career!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If BAC14 has better stats & stats tracking than EA Cricket 07 I would be happy.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Cricket Coach Almanack

Gives an idea of how the almanac works. All the facts and figures are taken from the game. I think it would be brilliant to be able to flick through something like that after a twenty year career!!!

Holy crap.that is some INSANE collection of stats

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
It is the single most brilliant aspect of this game. If BA could have something like that it would be utterly heavenly!

Wouldn't an insanely huge database of stats somehow take away from the rest of the game though? I'm not sure exactly how game production works, but I know there's only a set amount of data you can put on a disc. Stats are great, but not at the cost of gameplay features.
(Yay! I contributed to the conversation)! :clap

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Wouldn't an insanely huge database of stats somehow take away from the rest of the game though? I'm not sure exactly how game production works, but I know there's only a set amount of data you can put on a disc. Stats are great, but not at the cost of gameplay features.
Well the stats should only be a factor in how big your save game is - and even then, you can probably fit dozens of teams worth of stats in the space to put in a bit of kit.

The issue is probably that Cricket Coach is only on PC - I can't imagine that kind of thing being as easy to do on consoles.

Still, there is the mysterious back of the player cards.

LittleChamp

Club Cricketer
i would like to see the celebrations(like wicket, winning, 50, 100, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread