2) None of the above
3) None of the above
4) TT Lions

C) strawberry

nice story here zorax keep it going

embi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
1) Challengers XI (we are playing at my ground :p)
2) Gallagher
3) Folkes
4) Challeng...errr wait theres not an option. Dammit, TT Lions.
5) Strawberry

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
It's Saturday, so it's time for:

Saturday's Suprising Fact!

Did you know, the TT Lion's young superstar Lennox Rudi is allergic to peanuts? Yup. As a matter of fact, whenever the squad goes celebrating, they have to make sure it's a place where they do not cook in peanut oil! This allergy developed when he was 7, yet that did not dishearten him and he still remained passionate about his cricket!

Join us next week for another juicy Suprising Fact!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Match Preview
PC Battrick Championship
TT Lions vs. Challengers XI
Braynston Road
Sunday 07/01/2007, 10:30 GMT

This is the Lion's and the Challenger Xi's final game of the season, and both teams would like to go off on a high. The Lions need to win this to keep their fight for the second promotion place alive, and for the Challenger's, this is nothing more than just a wramup. The Lions will be taking this opportunity to blood thier new squad member, Andy Finlayson, and to carry out a few experiments, particulalry with the opening spot after Mcintyre's recent failures. Spearitt is a strong contender, as he has managed a hundred opening the innings before, and his fitness, energy and attacking style plays a good foil to the steady Douglas Whing.
The pitch type is unlikely to have a large factor, as the only Challengers XI bowler expected to cause problems is the immensley talented allrounder Lee Wood. But the Challengers XI batting is expected to test the Lions' bowling, so a batting pitch may be the way to go for the home team, as they could gain a lot of respect for mustering a score over 200.
On last look, the ratings for both teams were heavily weighed towards the Lions, with a fantastic bowling attack and a top order which is marginally stronger, as well as better fielding:
Code:
		Challengers XI	TT Lions

Top Order:	mediocre	competent
Middle Order:	mediocre	mediocre
Lower Order:	woeful		abysmal
Seam Bowling:	mediocre	strong
Spin Bowling:	mediocre	proficient
Fielding:	feeble		mediocre
But batting is unlikely to trouble the team much this time, and the new arrival of Andy Finlayson means the Lions now bat to eight unless one of Crouch or Rudi are rested.
Overall, the Lions are strong favourites to win. A weakend lineup for the visitors is highley unlikely, as they would be hoping to promote -although they would require Jeanz to beat the Old Wulfs- and won't want to take any risks.

Playing XI (Expected): Whing, Spearitt, Rudi, Gallagher, Crouch, Finlayson, Shipp, Mcintyre/Dennis, Andrews, Tuckett, Folkes.

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Good Luck for TT Lions :cheers and also suprised by the suprise fact ;) Nice nice ideas u have got Zorax! Very interesting!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
PC Battrick Championship
Braynston Road
Watch the match Live and Exclusive Here!

Note: Only registered BT members may be able to view the live ball-by-ball commentary of this match. For none-BT members, you can follow any updates provided by either me or Embi in this thread.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Today, I was supposed to show of my Youth Pull. However, just for the first week, the Youth Pull will be on Tuesday in place of Sunday. So, today I'll just explain to all you no-BT players how we make a Youth Pull...

Sunday's Youth​

We can only promote a young player -or as they are commonly known as, Youth Pulls- from our Youth Academy once per week on Sundays.
Now, how good a youth we get depends on the condition of our Youth Academy and the number of Intensive Net Sessions -normally called ITS- you have accumulated. When making a pull, we get to choose the age of the player we want. The player's base skills are randomly generated with a maximum at Proficient. (Very rare. If Worthless, the lowest skill possible, is given a numerical rating of 1, the Proficient is a 8) The condition of your academy along with the age of the player determines how much ITS you can allocate (Older the player or better the academy, more ITS).
So, right before we get our player, we have to choose on which skills we want to allocate our ITS on. You can only allocate a max of 12 on one skill. We do not see their base stats which were randomly generated, just the player after pulling them. If we allocate the maximum ITS on a skill which had started on Worthless, you are guaranteed to get a Mediocre (Numerical value of 5). The Law of Diminishing Returns comes into play as the starting skill increases. So, if the starting skill was Respectable (7), and you put 12 ITS, you will only get the max of Proficient (8).

Sorry if I bored you there. :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Sorry, I've got a splitting headache, so no updates today (Match Review and Training updates). They both will be tommorrow along with the Youth Pull, Tuesday's Top player Interview, and the answers to the Fan Quiz (Boy, that's a lot of work...)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Match Review
PC Battrick Championship
Braynston Road

scorecardnj6.jpg

This match ended a fairly OK season in the PC Championships for the TT Lions, and a poor but promising run for the Challengers XI.
After winning the toss, Bill Tuckett elected to bat an what seemed a wearing pitch. Whing and Rudi both fell early, an for a brief moment the Challenger's XI seemed on top. But Gallagher and Spearitt dug in and palyed some lovely shots, and Crouch, Shipp and Finlayson on debut had some excellent cameos in the end of the innings. The Challengers would have been a bit dissapointed though, allowing the Lions to cross 200, but would nevertheless be proud of their performance. After all, 247 wasn't the biggest of targets. Bowling wise, Long did well, while the rest were very economical.
Set 248 to win, the Challenger's XI succummed to Rudi's swing and bounce, and never got a partnership going in a dissapointing innings of 81. The pitch didn't seem the best of batting tracks, but the way the batsmen tumbled, it seemed a mine-field. All to bowlers chipped in, and the end result was a rather convincing victory for the visitors. The home team had all rights to be dissapointed with themselves. However, they showed some promise, and with some hard work, they could soon be a force to reckon with.

Ratings:
ratingsas0.jpg
The Lion's outclassed the Challengers in every aspect, although in the end it was their fabulous bowling which won them the game. Spearitt got MOTM for his gritty knock on a difficult pitch, but my MOTM would have to be Finlayson, who batted and kept with good composure on his debut for the Lions.

Attendance:
attendancefg4.jpg

Not much to talk about.

Join us this Sunday again when the Lions play Pitons CC in the West Indies Cup at Pitons CG!

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Okay, now it's time for...

Mondays (I know, I know) trip to the Nets.

Monday is the day on which the Training Updates occur on BT. It's when you get the see the fruit of all the net sessions you have invested in your players along with their hard work. If you are lucky, they may improve -or as it is know in Battrick jargon, 'pop'- in a skill.

Here are this week's trainees:
Lennox Rudi (2 bowling nets, 1 fielding net, 1 batting net): No pops, Battrick Rating (BTR) increase.
Bill Tuckett (2 bowling nets, 1 fielding net): No pops, BTR increase.
Wavell Folkes (2 bowling nets, 1 fitness net): No pops, BTR increase

This was Tuckett's and Rudi's last net seassions, as they have now both turned 20, and as part of my long-term plans, are going to be replaced by two new trainees. Join us next week to se how these two new trainees improve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread