Batty 5-11

England A Lead By 295 Runs

Briggsey

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
digicellogo1sp.gif

Lawson Fights Back As England Toil
At The Antigua Recreational Ground

Jermaine Lawson took 5 wickets as England A were bowled out for 208 in their second innings, meaning West Indies require 504 to win the first test. Lawson did all he could to enspire the West Indies A who looked down and out after a bright start by the England openers, but after Durham spinner Gareth Breese dismissed Moore with the score on 59, Cook fell next ball to Lawson and the fightback began. England were even required to send in a night watchman when Robert Key fell towards the end of day 2 and Liam Plunkett did a very good job with Shaun Briggs, putting on 41 and frustrating the bowlers. Lawson was given able back up by his fellow bowlers, with Bravo and Breese both picking up 2 wickets and Tino Best with the other scalp. England A will be dissapointed with their second innings effort, but the match looks safe now and with almost 2 days to bowl the West Indies A out, the first test could be in the bag.

LawsonJermaineCeleb050503Gbg.jpg

Lawson was in enspired form

From Briggs View
Briggs top scored in the second innings for England A, but again like the first innings he just fell short of passing 50 as he fell for 49. Briggs played a very elegant innings, with some of his shots right out of the text book, but early on when the wickets were falling, Briggs had to keep his nerve and together with Plunkett, the two steadied the ship, enabling Shah and Read to come in and throw the bat a little. Briggs seems to be struggling with swing though, and the ball which did him was very similar to the one which got him in the warm up game against Trinidad, with the ball swinging away at the last moment before cliping the off stump. A good effort from Briggs, and he will now look to help England A take the first test and go 1-0 up in the series.

jl1md1

Briggs prepares to face his first ball with England A in trouble

jl1nxv

Briggs played a very classy innings and looked on course for 50

jl1o9j

Bravo produced a beauty to get rid of Briggs, just short of 50

Last edited:

Briggsey

International Coach
Match State

England A 409
Cook 107
Lawson 3-50
-----------------------
West Indies A 114
Baugh 27
Batty 5-11
-----------------------
England A 208
Briggs 49
Lawson 5-87

West Indies A Require 504 To Win

woosaah

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
1/2 way through the test they have a long way to bat if they want to even save the test.

good stuff briggsey looking good

Briggsey

International Coach
Sorry for the lack of updates but ive been hampered with a computer virus recently that has kind of halted everything i was doing for the past couple of days. Ive managed to get rid of it now though so updates should come in the next couple of days.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Hmmm, well, we all still know what this thread lacks, a quality all round player such as myself....

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
No, Briggs fills the role of "quality all rounder", you can have "equally terrible at everything"

As you would say, BAM!1111

Briggsey

International Coach
Sorry to all for the lack of updates, the story will have to be put on hold until I sort out everything with my computer, but I expect those to be done by the end of the week, so updates should (fingers crossed!) start coming next week!

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Wow, gotta say i've spent the last hour reading through about 500 posts and it is a very well-presented story and has got me hooked :clap (even though your a pom :brickwall). :p

usy

Chairman of Selectors
yep, this is the best thread in this forum, Briggs rules (not really) :p .

Users who are viewing this thread