An idea for the honest IC10 player

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Even with my tight turban I can think a lot better than you can!

Your ideas are absurd.

You are still playing against computer AI not against a human player regardless.

Toss on a microphone, wow that is an idea!

If you really want to make more realistic then grab a bat and couple of your mates and play an actual cricket game. Are you too old? I cannot imagine a more boring concept than this, I am sorry it is true and I am not having a go at your intelligence.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
You are still playing against computer AI not against a human player regardless.
You are playing a human's ability do defeat the AI better than you. This sort of thing was done for years on this site when no cricket games had online play, whole tournaments even.

If you want to run with the 'go outside' line, you're on the wrong forum.

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
Yes in dark ages, that concept would have been OK. We are in the year 2010.

Time to move on, don't you think from the old concept?

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I like the sounds of the concept, I just don't really see the whole 'play the same AI' thing. An interesting innovation in the face of a poor online mode however. I suppose the only worry is dishonesty and your opposition saving and quitting when they do badly. But what's a world without trust!

darthlewis1

Club Captain
I like the idea of someone making a scenario for people to download and play, all we need now is a willing member to do it

P

pcfan123

Well can anyone confirm if it can be done? Someone mentioned that you can't choose to be the other team once the match has started.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Well, what if the person making the game has 2 controllers (one for each team), and plays out a maiden over first over.

Then saves the game, and sends it to someone (or loads it up again) - but makes sure that controller 1 or 2 is disconnected for the team that you do not want to be.

Hopefully the game will allow you to leave that controller off, and thus replace it with the AI.

Using a real example, I plug in 2 controllers, and play a Pakistan vs England test match.

Pakistan is controller 1, England is controller 2 (and I want to play as Pakistan, opponent is England). Pakistan wins the toss and I decide to bat first.

Now here, you save the game, and restart the PS3 - but when you load up the PS3, do not connect controller 2. Then whenever you go back to load the game, hopefully controller 2 will be in the middle, and controller 1 would be for Pakistan.

Then whenever the innings ends, save the game, send it, and then controller 2 would have to be connected, but not controller 1 (I have no idea how that will work out)

Anyway, that's just my idea - who knows if it will work

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
That's some good thinking there, Insomniac.

There are some real thinkers on this thread, despite Punjab's trolling.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well can anyone confirm if it can be done? Someone mentioned that you can't choose to be the other team once the match has started.
As I mentioned earlier, just make a test tournament, and then assign both teams as playable by pressing Triangle on them - then you can flick between them at any time.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
As I mentioned earlier, just make a test tournament, and then assign both teams as playable by pressing Triangle on them - then you can flick between them at any time.

Matt, how can I get my saved game onto my USB drive?

Users who are viewing this thread