An idea for the honest IC10 player

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Whats the point if we can't save :(

Yeah I know. I guess we could set up an ODI series. But this would mean you would only get to either bat or bowl - but not both. :facepalm

If we could solve the save-game situation, we'd be in business. But I'm going to have to rely on the more technically advanced members here to suggest how we could fix it.

Hey, at least we tried something. Better to try a new idea and have it fail, than those who sit on their arse and criticise and complain all the time :yes

P

pcfan123

Id like to try an ODI series where we just both bat, that way we can involve dutchad and make it a tri series.

I dont fancy bowling against the AI as its a guessing game most of the time.

2 batting innings from 2 players should make for competitive ODIs.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Id like to try an ODI series where we just both bat, that way we can involve dutchad and make it a tri series.

I dont fancy bowling against the AI as its a guessing game most of the time.

2 batting innings from 2 players should make for competitive ODIs.

Sounds great to me. This way we have three different countries involved. Nice.

Has poor old Dutch got his PS3 yet? :p We should think about what kind of tri-series format we should use. Something that mimics a real and recent tri-series. That way we can set individual matches up as exhibition tournaments so that the correct stadiums are used. And we can display the points table in our thread.

Hell, you could even set up a World Cup this way with 16 different countries controlled by 16 different PC members. Can we find 16 honest PC members? :laugh :p

P

pcfan123

I would not feel comfortable playing this style of game against anyone I did not know too well.

I say limit it to me you and dutch initially and then build from there. Just need to get the go ahead from him :)

P

pcfan123

Just forgot about you, would be great to get a small quadrangular going then. 3 games each then top 2 play finals?

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Just forgot about you, would be great to get a small quadrangular going then. 3 games each then top 2 play finals?

Yep, and we may need to come to an agreement on the specific venues, although that won't matter too much because both teams will be batting under the same conditions.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Harare anyone? :p

Insomniac added 9 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Just an idea I thought of. I imagine all of us have cameras, of some sort so why don't we make it a requirement that every 5 overs a picture should be taken and uploaded?
Or we could do this: Whenever you start your innings, you post on PC, and then you must end your innings by a certain time period (1 hour maybe).

It would certainly make saving and quitting and reloading alot harder (not that I think anyone would do it, but say in the size of a 16 team tournament it may be well worth it.)

Insomniac added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Or better yet, every 5 overs, a score update is done on PC? And you have say, 15 minutes to bowl those 5 overs?

Or am I expecting too much :laugh

P

pcfan123

Yea you are, thats ridiculous. Ill just take a gentlemens agreement. We are all old enough to where cheating in something like this would be beyond pathetic.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Yea you are, thats ridiculous. Ill just take a gentlemens agreement. We are all old enough to where cheating in something like this would be beyond pathetic.

Yeah I like the honest gentlemen's agreement thing. It adds real honour to it.

When I was batting against Mark's 103, I was going well at 80/0, but after a wicket fell, the next 5 batsmen could not reach double figures. All legitamate wickets too. Watson did go on to get his century, but was soon out plumb LBW.

If I had cheated by exiting and reloading, it would have cheapened it and made the whole thing completely worthless for me. Part of the fun is being honest, and taking the good results with the bad.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
I pick Pakistan, Shahid Afridi is my captain, coach, manager, and everything else (wait do I have to announce my playing XI too)

Users who are viewing this thread