IC10 - Australia vs. England - 1st Test - Ashes PS3

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Mark and I are going to try to try the Offline Multiplayer system described here:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/international-cricket-10-forum/idea-honest-ic10-player-67479.html#post1856171

I will be playing as Australia.

Australian squad, 1st Test, Brisbane

Simon Katich
Shane Watson
Ricky Ponting (capt)
Michael Clarke
Mike Hussey
Marcus North
Brad Haddin (wicketkeeper)
Mitchell Johnson
Nathan Hauritz
Ben Hilfenhaus
Doug Bollinger

Mark has won the toss and decided to bat first. Once his innings against the AI is complete, he will send me the save-game file and I will upload it to my PS3.

I will then bat as Australia against the AI. After dealing with the follow-on situation (if required), I will then bowl against Mark's English AI batsmen.

Finally, I will then send him the save-game file, and depending on the match situation he will bowl at my AI-controlled batsmen who will be trying to chase down the target. But can he get 10 wickets?

No quitting and re-starting is allowed!

I hope this works. I think it has the potential to be rather fun.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

England Squad:

A Strauss (c)
A Cook(vc)
J Trott
K Pietersen
P Collingwood
I Bell
M Prior
T Bresnan
G Swann
S Broad
J Anderson

Mark added 5 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

J0WQu.jpg

Mark added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

BTW in the game Australia actually won the toss, so I had them choose to field.

D

Dutch

Ha ha ! Will be following this one! Maybe we can have a trio soon!:p

P

pcfan123

Aussies tear through England in 1st session

engetty438.jpg

Disappointment for the Barmy Army and embarrassment for Strauss as England lose 9 wickets in the morning session of the 1st Ashes Test.

Strauss,Trott and prior, the only three to bat an acceptable length of time were run out thanks to nervy partners.

It's quite a feat to top Harmison's embarrassing 1st over last time down under, but England once again have outdone themselves.

P9qsg.jpg

CgmaZ.jpg

Mark added 8 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Oz please edit the Title to say IC10 somewhere, right now it sounds as if we are playing on AC09

P

pcfan123

Englands embarrassment is short lived as they are bowled out the 1st over of the afternoon session. (This no-reloading is going to take some getting used to!)

Save file is attached,
Unzip it then put the folder on a USB, then plug it into the ps3. Copy the file into the save game utility. Its actually quite easy.

fFzJL.jpg

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 5

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Interesting this, good luck boys. Obviously I'll be going for Captain Oz.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Englands embarrassment is short lived as they are bowled out the 1st over of the afternoon session. (This no-reloading is going to take some getting used to!)

Save file is attached,
Unzip it then put the folder on a USB, then plug it into the ps3. Copy the file into the save game utility. Its actually quite easy.

fFzJL.jpg

Oh dear! Three run outs as well. Australia will be keen to bat out the day and work on a sizeable lead tomorrow.

Thank you for the instructions on uploading the PS3 file. I am keen to get at least 2-3 hours of IC10 play in tonight!

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
It works! I have uploaded the file and begun batting as Australia. I pulled up the scorecard first to confirm that it was exactly the same as what you photographed above.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
However, the SAVE MATCH option appears to be grayed out permanently.... I will make it to the next session to see if it is restored.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes, that was what I was thinking would happen. Maybe it's a ploy so you can't send trophies around?

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Do people honestly care that much about trophies?

I don't care about them that much.

At the end of Day 1, I still couldn't save. Will see if I can save at the end of the innings, but it doesn't look too promising.

However, this system would work perfectly for ODI's or T20's, as it is easier to sit through 20-50 overs in one go. But the save feature was essential for Tests.

Note the the system can still be used to create classic scenarios.

Users who are viewing this thread