An ODI Double century?! | Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar unbeaten 200* |

200 by which country player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kushagra2008

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think this should settle the argument once for all, He IS the best player in the world :)

What's to celebrate? Records tumbling so frequently proves that it's no longer an achievement.

I wish I could remember the stat off the top of my head about Test triples. Sobers' highest Test score stood for 30 or so years then Lara broke it in 94, Hayden broke Lara's and then Lara regained it within 10 years - says it all. Triples are about as hard to score as doubles used to be, pitches are just so flat that batting and bowling averages are artificially inflated by 5-10 runs and there can be no fair comparison. Is Sachin that great or is it the nature of pitches that give a very good but not great batsman the chance to shine? For such a "great", it is surprising Sachin has only 248no as his Test best with only four 200s. Gooch isn't considered a great, but scored only one less 200/300 than Sachin's four in nearly 50 less Tests - playing on flatter wickets helping immensely, when Gooch played the West Indies were difficult to beg runs off and there were no soft bowling attacks. Maybe the sad truth is also that the days of truly great bowlers are long since numbered.

Bitter Bitter.

Go through this post :

"The level of bowling attack Sachin has faced for a considerable part of his career is much better than the bowling attacks many players of today(including the likes of Ponting) have had their dream spells against.

Wasim, Waqar, Saqlain for Pakistan, Mcgrath, Gillispie, Warne and co for Australia, Donald, De Villiers, Pollock and co for South Africa, Ambrose, Walsh, Bishop for WI, Vaas and Murali for SL, many of the bowling attacks he faced during his prime were a lot lethal than the current gang.

Yet, he maintained his level and showed his class throughout."

Enlighten yourself.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks Sachin for the entertainment all these years.

Brought our office to stand still from the time he was in 180. And not to forget Samosa party after his 200. :p

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This comes from a non-Indian fan: I believe Sachin Tendulkar is the greatest batsmen to ever play cricket. I never saw Bradman bat, obviously, but this man is so consistently good there is no word other word to describe him other than great. It's fitting he has made the first ODI double century.

Sachin, take a bow son, you deserve it!

Annoyingdevil

Club Cricketer
OK people he is NOT A GOD.
he just a human who is a Amazing batsmen.
I knew one day he will do it because he was scoring 140s 150s and even a 170.
Now I wanna see a 250 :p

Well done Tendulkar:clap.. best player of all time.
But HE IS NOT A GOD :doh

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
Well played Sachin, fittingly the best batsman of the current era scored the first double! Hats off to you!

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
OK people he is NOT A GOD.
he just a human who is a Amazing batsmen.
I knew one day he will do it because he was scoring 140s 150s and even a 170.
Now I wanna see a 250 :p

Well done Tendulkar:clap.. best player of all time.
But HE IS NOT A GOD :doh

If you have read the posts properly, you would know that God is just a superlative word used to praise Tendulkar's achievements. Doesnt mean people mean that 'he is god' in the literal sense.:doh

Params7

International Cricketer
Sachin has a chance as long as he keeps opening and finds a great pitch. Jayasuriya is past his prime and is now also being shifted down the order.

You can say that again. If its not Sachin or Dilshan, its Gayle imo.

My posts from a while ago in this thread.

I knew it. It just had to be him :D

Sachin...is just one of a kind.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well yes of course. Records are made to be broken. Just that some records are held dear by some of us and we don't like to see them being overtaken. Doesn't mean I wouldn't give the player that surpasses Anwar due credit, just that I don't want to see it happen.

All said and done, it didn't bother me one bit that Sachin broke the record. I was actually quite happy when I read about it, helps that I have tremendous respect for the man. What a champ. :)

P

pcfan123

Glad the record is broken, just wish it was someone else cause now we will hear about this for the rest of our lives

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Couldn't be more correct hmarka. If it was England then it would be forgotten in a flash

harrisb

International Coach
I think that it's amazing for Sachin to do this, out of all the players that had a chance, it's definitely Sachin that deserves it.

Well done Little Master!

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, never thought it would be him personally. I thought his age was against him. Was expecting it to be a younger generation of players.

He proved once again, why he is the BEST. :hpraise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread