Another perspective.........

Aldeco

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im a Kiwi myself but live in Oz at the moment I like the looks of this game . But the batting I think is very hard unlike 2004 were I could hit sixs all the time and fours I find the ball just goes straight in the air or just does not seem to get to the fence if anyone has any tips please may I have them?
i'd rate this game 6/10 im not sure what to expect from Ricky ponting international cricket ill be very interested to see it/
one other thing does anyone know if cricket 2005 is being released for psp????

raptorclaw

School Cricketer
The batting really isn't that hard. It's just more realistic in that you'd best play in the /\ for boundaries and through gaps behind square for singles to build up confidence. NZL Fan, you say that if a bad ball is bowled early on you still can't hit it for four if you time it well enough. Fine. Let's envisage a first-up delivery here:

Fleming (i.e. you) facing Shoaib Akhtar. Short and wide outside off stump, an absolute gift. I tell you what, Fleming wouldn't go for the blazing cut shot. Whatever the ball quality, you cannot slash outside off stump so early on unless it's your greatest strength. I find Gilchrist and Martyn, for example, proficient in that area early on, because it is their number one shot. I got Gilly a hundred against England with three sixes, 18 fours. 15 of those fours were square cuts and drives, and many of them early on. For other players, if you get a full, straight ball, play in the /\ and go over the bowler's head, making use of the full face of the bat and thus, a low risk move. Works like a charm until the seventh time Freddie gets caught on the boundary and England speed to their doom ... *sniff*

Another thing is the slog over midwicket that works better with Pietersen than anyone. Just slog it, and with a guy of his calibre, it should go for six a hell of a lot. As proof: Pietersen c Gough b Mushtaq Ahmed 90 (28 balls, 3 fours, 14 sixes)

Hope you get better at the game, mate! Maybe you'll learn to forgive it, my dear Kiwi.

Rocky

Club Cricketer
Well I like every EA game,specially cricket games,so I naturally like cricket2005 very much.

Users who are viewing this thread