Cricket 2005 Looks Like a DUD yet again.

kodos

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
ajay all uve been saying are totally negative and dumb posts. Please do you seriosly think that cricket or rugby would use madden engine? Also dont go off at lazy_chestnut because he probably knows more than you.

Last edited:

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Hero said:
This does not seems to me a valid reason as HB developed Rugby 2005 and it was huge improvement over Rugby2004 in both graphics and gameplay.

You are also harsh about BLIC graphics as these are not too bad and I think they are better than cricket2004.

I got Rugby 2005 this weekend and was completely dumb-founded by the improvement over its predecessor...absolutely amazing turn-around.

Certainly not in the Madden class, but it HB can do the same with Cricket 2005 we may have to eat humble pie. Rugby 2005 has its flaws but it is a very playable game.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
SteveG said:
I got Rugby 2005 this weekend and was completely dumb-founded by the improvement over its predecessor...absolutely amazing turn-around.

Certainly not in the Madden class, but it HB can do the same with Cricket 2005 we may have to eat humble pie. Rugby 2005 has its flaws but it is a very playable game.

If you have it on PC I assume you know about Tom's downloads site.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
How can you be positive when EA have continued to give us the **** they have? And Madden has roughly the same amount as players on screen as what cricket would.

Top Score

School Cricketer
ajay2k5 said:
How can you be positive when EA have continued to give us the **** they have? And Madden has roughly the same amount as players on screen as what cricket would.

Well why not use the MVP basball engine? Baseball is closer to cricket than Madden NFL and FIFA. They only could choose one and they decided to go for the FIFA engine, its not a great big deal.

sachin

International Coach
well what i want to see before i could possibly be convinced it will be an improvement over 2004,would be to see some pics or videos showing realistic shots and bowling styles.blic has realistic shots,lets hope ea can do t5he same.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Top Score said:
Well why not use the MVP basball engine? Baseball is closer to cricket than Madden NFL and FIFA. They only could choose one and they decided to go for the FIFA engine, its not a great big deal.
I own MVP Baseball 2005. If they made a cricket game using this engine, it would likely be an excellent product.

Mr_pakistan

School Cricketer
ajay2k5 said:
Once again EA have not listened to any of their customers.

1.There will be no Career stats saved, only tournaments and season stats.
2.Stupid Red ball in ODI matches again, and black side screens.
3.Still not having totally Individual faces on players.
4.Less Stadiums, WTF!!!!
5.Will the confidence meter mean anything? And the bowlers never seem to get tired...
6.Same boring ****ing commentators yet again
7.Fast bowlers will bowl the same pace regardless of who they are. Such as Gillespie being able to reach over 150km/h
8.And who knows anything about the AI, will they get them selfs ran out 8-9 times during a Innings, will they act realsitically to certain situations?

There were so many AI bugs in 2004 I cannot see EA making any durastic change here. I can add so much more to that list it ain't funny, actually I found a bug the other day in Cricket 2004, I was bowling with McGill on a very damp, green pitch and all I had to do is toss the ball up and bowl as slow as i could land it only 2 yards short of the batsman and it won't bounce above ankle height. I had 7 LBW's and 3 Bowled in 12 balls. And the game was on the hardest level...

The way the Cricket 2005 players are standing, acting all look the same as Cricket 2004 for me, which means those crappy looking shots, floating bats occasionally and all those other bugs will remain. This game will just the same only it'll be looking alot better when displaying these delightful bugs.

And BLIC looks like a PS1 game, ffs. It's PS2 not one, the graphics are the worst possible, lets hope that it atleast has a decent game play.
I don,t agree with u Ea doing a good job. if u go back and seer cricket 2000 ohhh my god it was crap. and then a great comeback by ea ea and they produce a game like cricket 2002. it was the the best cricket game i ever played. they will take their time and they will do good

steppie

Club Cricketer
ajay2k5 said:
Once again EA have not listened to any of their customers.

1.There will be no Career stats saved, only tournaments and season stats.
2.Stupid Red ball in ODI matches again, and black side screens.
3.Still not having totally Individual faces on players.
4.Less Stadiums, WTF!!!!
5.Will the confidence meter mean anything? And the bowlers never seem to get tired...
6.Same boring ****ing commentators yet again
7.Fast bowlers will bowl the same pace regardless of who they are. Such as Gillespie being able to reach over 150km/h
8.And who knows anything about the AI, will they get them selfs ran out 8-9 times during a Innings, will they act realsitically to certain situations?

There were so many AI bugs in 2004 I cannot see EA making any durastic change here. I can add so much more to that list it ain't funny, actually I found a bug the other day in Cricket 2004, I was bowling with McGill on a very damp, green pitch and all I had to do is toss the ball up and bowl as slow as i could land it only 2 yards short of the batsman and it won't bounce above ankle height. I had 7 LBW's and 3 Bowled in 12 balls. And the game was on the hardest level...

The way the Cricket 2005 players are standing, acting all look the same as Cricket 2004 for me, which means those crappy looking shots, floating bats occasionally and all those other bugs will remain. This game will just the same only it'll be looking alot better when displaying these delightful bugs.

And BLIC looks like a PS1 game, ffs. It's PS2 not one, the graphics are the worst possible, lets hope that it atleast has a decent game play.

hello mr looser.whts up..guess what it seems u r the one whos ****ing boring man...listen wht ever ea and codies r doing they r puting their ass off to give us a good game ok.and u think this is all crap...????i think its u who the crap aand thts y u see everything crap beside uuu.so take a break ...and pls leave the forum bcoz we d0ont need loosers here...get outttttttttttttttttttttaa here dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

brad352

Executive member
steppie said:
hello mr looser.whts up..guess what it seems u r the one whos ****ing boring man...listen wht ever ea and codies r doing they r puting their ass off to give us a good game ok.and u think this is all crap...????i think its u who the crap aand thts y u see everything crap beside uuu.so take a break ...and pls leave the forum bcoz we d0ont need loosers here...get outttttttttttttttttttttaa here dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..
ajay automatically wins because he knows how to spell

And from the small part of that post that I managed to decipher- EA and Codies are motivated by profit, as are all companies, they're working to get your money not to please you

Last edited:

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
If EA deliver a descent product then my hat is off to them, but going by the screen shots all they have done is enhance the graphics, everything else looks the same. We need more evidence.

Howzat

Club Cricketer
Mr_pakistan said:
I don,t agree with u Ea doing a good job.

If EA were doing a good job y would there be so many people complaining??? it's simple there not doing a good job...

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence

Someone send that to EA please....

We want Evidence... A Video would be great, say about 5 overs of VID would do the trick.

Top Score

School Cricketer
ajay2k5 said:
Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence Evidence

Someone send that to EA please....

We want Evidence... A Video would be great, say about 5 overs of VID would do the trick.

How about some evidence of BLC 2005 aswell? They are about the same time span from release as EA.

All we have seen from BLC are some screen shots and in them I have not seen one positive about the ability of AI especially when SAF are 7-29 against the WI's in the 4th over!

*Edit* One thing I will congratulate codies on is there Fact of the Day. At least there we have some evidence of features in the game :cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread