Cricket 2005 Looks Like a DUD yet again.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Top Score said:
How about some evidence of BLC 2005 aswell? They are about the same time span from release as EA.

All we have seen from BLC are some screen shots and in them I have not seen one positive about the ability of AI especially when SAF are 7-29 against the WI's in the 4th over!

*Edit* One thing I will congratulate codies on is there Fact of the Day. At least there we have some evidence of features in the game :cheers

True, I am not so hard on Codies about BLIC as it is there first effort at a Cricket game in 6 years, and we know there all about improving. As far as I know there will be a Video of BLIC/RPIC released soon on there official site.

http://au.codemasters.com/rickyponting/index.php

There is another press release within about 3 weeks if I remember correctly and the Video is suppse to be included.

As for EA we have nothing to go on really. There has been NO gameplay shots, Video's or real Information on what is going to be in the game. Fair enough we've had the Interview that stated there was Manual Appealing, New Dive button when running between Wickets and all the other stuff that was said, but not once did EA say anything about fixing the bugs, infact they don't even admit to Cricket 2004 being buggy, they always avoid talking about it.

Last edited:

Top Score

School Cricketer
ajay2k5 said:
True, I am not so hard on Codies about BLIC as it is there first effort at a Cricket game in 6 years, and we know there all about improving. As far as I know there will be a Video of BLIC/RPIC released soon on there official site.

http://au.codemasters.com/rickyponting/index.php

There is another press release within about 3 weeks if I remember correctly and the Video is suppse to be included.

As for EA we have nothing to go on really. There has been NO gameplay shots, Video's or real Information on what is going to be in the game. Fair enough we've had the Interview that stated there was Manual Appealing, New Dive button when running between Wickets and all the other stuff that was said, but not once did EA say anything about fixing the bugs, infact they don't even admit to Cricket 2004 being buggy, they always avoid talking about it.

Thats true, very true. Especially about the part where you talk about EA swepping Cricket 2004 under the carpet.

However I am still yet to be convinced about both games. EA for their reputation and Codies (more so Swordfish) for their first game along with the dodgy scores in the screen shots.

kodos

International Coach
i just hope that EA will release a patch to fix up a bug like wat they did with rugby 2005.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
Top Score said:
Thats true, very true. Especially about the part where you talk about EA swepping Cricket 2004 under the carpet.

However I am still yet to be convinced about both games. EA for their reputation and Codies (more so Swordfish) for their first game along with the dodgy scores in the screen shots.

Well yes BLIC does not look upto par graphics wise, but you can't question there effort in giving out information, the only thing we have not got from them is a Video, which like I said should be out in the next few weeks(hopefully). The dodgy scores are a mystery, maybe it was just a test with a few codes making it a quick match.

With both games all we can do is wait, but Cricket 2005 looks like 04 to me and BLIC is new so we don't know what to really expect.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
ajay2k5 said:
The dodgy scores are a mystery, maybe it was just a test with a few codes making it a quick match.

They hadn't put in AI ability etc. from what I understood. The reason being that AI is one of the last things to be implemented. OK, the graphics aren't amazing but I don't think they're as bad as you think.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
stevie said:
They hadn't put in AI ability etc. from what I understood. The reason being that AI is one of the last things to be implemented. OK, the graphics aren't amazing but I don't think they're as bad as you think.

Yeah that would be it, and the graphics are just and I mean just reasonable.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
If you have it on PC I assume you know about Tom's downloads site.

No Barmy, I haven't seen the site...whats the addy?

andysmith45

School Cricketer
Boring Commentary

Don't know about the other issues but I agree with Ajay that the commentary will be very boring. Why can't they get other commentators like Bill Lawry, Tony Greig, Ravi Shastri etc. Commentary plays an integral part in enjoying the game to the fullest.

waleed123

School Cricketer
No EA cricket game is compareable to BLC 2005. BLC out classes Ea cricket 2005

Howzat

Club Cricketer
taxial said:
How do you know that?

Because EA suck...and think people will be fooled by good graphics (and people are being fooled). It will be one of those games when first play it u think it's great but then u find bugs, it becomes repetitive and easy :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
I wouldn't say BLIC2005 will out class Cricket 2005, BLIC 2k5 is a new product and we don't know what to expect, and for anyone to say that it will be better than EA's effort need a reality check.

If EA iron out he bugs then Cricket 2005 will be ok but not brilliant, the game engine looks the same. They still ain't put in Career stats and that has been confirmed in the interview. How can EA miss something out that so many people wanted?

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
ajay2k5 said:
How can EA miss something out that so many people wanted?

Because EA Sports do what EA Sports wants. Take a look at their forums, nobody check's on them regularly so how will they know what people want? When they are 'challenged' by certain questions, they ignore them. This is not criticism of the game before anyone starts, its criticism of EA Sports.

Users who are viewing this thread