Cricket 2005 Looks Like a DUD yet again.

jimbob

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
they stilll need 2 wrk on it so the ai could get better and allot of the tings you sed were 2 du wit graphics which you can change easily. i dnt care abt graphics as long as the game play is great and if cricket 2005 is a dud then hopefully BLIC isnt so at least ther will b one gd cricket game 2 play

BCL - 400*

School Cricketer
ajay2k5 said:
Once again EA have not listened to any of their customers.

1.There will be no Career stats saved, only tournaments and season stats.
2.Stupid Red ball in ODI matches again, and black side screens.
3.Still not having totally Individual faces on players.
4.Less Stadiums, WTF!!!!
5.Will the confidence meter mean anything? And the bowlers never seem to get tired...
6.Same boring ****ing commentators yet again
7.Fast bowlers will bowl the same pace regardless of who they are. Such as Gillespie being able to reach over 150km/h
8.And who knows anything about the AI, will they get them selfs ran out 8-9 times during a Innings, will they act realsitically to certain situations?

There were so many AI bugs in 2004 I cannot see EA making any durastic change here. I can add so much more to that list it ain't funny, actually I found a bug the other day in Cricket 2004, I was bowling with McGill on a very damp, green pitch and all I had to do is toss the ball up and bowl as slow as i could land it only 2 yards short of the batsman and it won't bounce above ankle height. I had 7 LBW's and 3 Bowled in 12 balls. And the game was on the hardest level...

The way the Cricket 2005 players are standing, acting all look the same as Cricket 2004 for me, which means those crappy looking shots, floating bats occasionally and all those other bugs will remain. This game will just the same only it'll be looking alot better when displaying these delightful bugs.

And BLIC looks like a PS1 game, ffs. It's PS2 not one, the graphics are the worst possible, lets hope that it atleast has a decent game play.
Lets hope not, I just turn maxwell and all those of! but the umpires in cricket 2004 were awful and i was stunned at a few descions.

amber22

School Cricketer
Well even I used to buy EA cricket games only but now after Cricket 2002 (Which I think was reasonable decent considering that it was the first game on the new engine) and Cricket 2004(Which I thought should have been a lot better).
Now for 2005 the thing which tempts me towards BLIC is the Hawk Eye,Classic Matches,Challenging Modes,Carear Mode,5 commentators,License from ICC,many things to unlock and The Celebration of the team after winning(as shown in screenshots).Apart from that I came to know from u people that gameplay was good enough in BLC99. Even from the video I was encouraged to see the animations,the balling actions etc in BLIC which I am yet unsure about for EA Cricket 2005
For EA Cricket 2005 , graphics seems to be the only factor in their favour.Because for AI and bugs I expected a lot of improvement in Cricket 2002 and 2004 but now I fear that EA might do the same thing for C2005.
Since I can afford to buy only one cricket game , I think I would'nt risk buying Cricket 2005 considering past records of EA Cricket 2002 and 2004.
I would miss very good graphics in BLIC but at least the other things might make up for that
Just hoping that BLIC graphics may be good.

bhail256

Club Cricketer
Hi this is my 1st post ever and is definitely not going to be my last! I've been reading these forums for well over 3 months now and tracked the progress of BLIC and C2005!!! Being a crazyyy cricket fanatic like most of you i am thrilled to take part in these discussions. My main concern for EA was simple ... why didnt they wait to launch the game in 06' with the New Xbox 360 and PS3 coming out :S ... They have never released games at odd years other than 99' and 97' is remember! I really stress that Andrew Wilsons team is doing this to jeaopardize BLIC ... but I am not gonna disagree that they shld put the game out ... more competetition means that the consumer usually wins! I know this has been a long post but I truly love Cricket and i hate ppl who just use it as a money making tool! REgards to all Shoaib.B

Last edited:

fanirama

Club Captain
ajay2k5 said:
Once again EA have not listened to any of their customers.

1.There will be no Career stats saved, only tournaments and season stats.
2.Stupid Red ball in ODI matches again, and black side screens.
3.Still not having totally Individual faces on players.
4.Less Stadiums, WTF!!!!
5.Will the confidence meter mean anything? And the bowlers never seem to get tired...
6.Same boring ****ing commentators yet again
7.Fast bowlers will bowl the same pace regardless of who they are. Such as Gillespie being able to reach over 150km/h
8.And who knows anything about the AI, will they get them selfs ran out 8-9 times during a Innings, will they act realsitically to certain situations?

There were so many AI bugs in 2004 I cannot see EA making any durastic change here. I can add so much more to that list it ain't funny, actually I found a bug the other day in Cricket 2004, I was bowling with McGill on a very damp, green pitch and all I had to do is toss the ball up and bowl as slow as i could land it only 2 yards short of the batsman and it won't bounce above ankle height. I had 7 LBW's and 3 Bowled in 12 balls. And the game was on the hardest level...

The way the Cricket 2005 players are standing, acting all look the same as Cricket 2004 for me, which means those crappy looking shots, floating bats occasionally and all those other bugs will remain. This game will just the same only it'll be looking alot better when displaying these delightful bugs.

And BLIC looks like a PS1 game, ffs. It's PS2 not one, the graphics are the worst possible, lets hope that it atleast has a decent game play.

Dude! Grow up and stop being Mr. Negative. Instead of bitching about a product that you haven't even played why don't you make a game instead and lets see what you come up with.
BLIC doesn't look like a PS1, its better than it and Cricket 2005 looks quite good.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
fanirama said:
Instead of bitching about a product that you haven't even played why don't you make a game instead and lets see what you come up with.
These are professionals who are paid to make a game. I think we are certainly not incorrect in expecting a decent product. But don't judge the game until it is released (hopefully, after a demo, in which case you can judge the demo--I will be).

bhail256

Club Cricketer
waleed123 said:
No EA cricket game is compareable to BLC 2005. BLC out classes Ea cricket 2005

I understand the frustration but why be so negative ... i mean wait till atleast the demos come out to discuss them. Don't get me wrong i'm assuming that blic will be better than c2005 but its just what i feel. Besides competetion is good! and i am glad that like nfl, nba, nhl there are other choices soccer too has like such a hugeeee range of games to choose fm. I am afraid that since the cricket community is declining in size developers no longer consider us a lucrative market!

fanirama

Club Captain
sohummisra said:
These are professionals who are paid to make a game. I think we are certainly not incorrect in expecting a decent product. But don't judge the game until it is released (hopefully, after a demo, in which case you can judge the demo--I will be).

Thats exactly what i'm saying and have been saying all along. People rush to pass negative judgement on products they have no first hand knowledge of.
( and for some reason more on EA than BLIC )
Wait for the goddam demo or full product and take your time playing it and then give me your proper opinion.
Although they're professionals its just another piece of software... it WILL have bugs.
If software were perfect nobody would need updates..

bhail256

Club Cricketer
andysmith45 said:
Don't know about the other issues but I agree with Ajay that the commentary will be very boring. Why can't they get other commentators like Bill Lawry, Tony Greig, Ravi Shastri etc. Commentary plays an integral part in enjoying the game to the fullest.

I want to extend on this post ... the supporting websites and facilities should atleast give us some additions of commentary files direct from the companies, this will not only increase the variety of talk on each ball bowled and shot played but reduce the frustration and make the game a lil more interesting!

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
fanirama said:
People rush to pass negative judgement on products they have no first hand knowledge of.
( and for some reason more on EA than BLIC )

And why don't you let people think what they want. If Cricket 2005 turns out to be a stunning game, then i'll be more than happy to take back everything 'bad' i've said about it and i'll fully understand it when certain people say 'I told you so'. Just don't tell people they shouldn't think a certain way.

Do you seriously not expect people to not slag off EA Sports after Cricket 2004 and the very dodgy interviews Andrew Wilson has given. Codemasters have kept us updated, told us when press releases would be out, kept us informed of other things such as release delay's (RPIC in Australia). We were never sure when Cricket 2004 was going to be released, especially in the UK.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
stevie said:
Just don't tell people they shouldn't think a certain way.
True. But the high volume of anti-EA posts has influenced members (and especially new members) that they should think against EA. You can definitely have your opinion, but this is a cricket gaming community, not an anti-EA and pro-Codies forum. We do have some sort of responsibility towards the cricket gaming community.

I am not referring to your posts--you are usually very clear in qualifying your statements (as you did above in the second paragraph). It's the others who say "BLIC is so much better then C2k5". They have absolutely no proof of the actual game. All they are going by is influence from forum members, or a features list.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
haha, reading all these posts certainly made me laugh, no offence to anyone. I have a suggestion. If this post is being read by any game developer or programmer than try this
Has anyone played UNreal Tournament 2004. If anyone has than he would know that it comes with the UNreal Editor and addins for Maya software, which allows mods to be created for the game and put online at no obligation or money costs to Epic Games(UNreal Developers). So if some one can create a Cricket Mod using Unreal Editor(ships free with UT2004). Its actually quite easy to do, only thing that I am not good in doing it at advanced level otherwise I tried few things and infact created a stadium easily. Because if u check out Unreal community, u will know what I am talking, People have made even racing games and playing soccer with vehicles using that editor and put them online to try out freely.
Anybody out there might want to try it? Because if some one did than this will be bigger and far better than BLC or EA Cricket in all aspects. Believe me I am not kidding here!!

aprofromindia

Club Cricketer
I think BLIC graphics will be decent enough as well, frankly between Fifa and Pes graphics I like the Pes graphics especially after some decent patches available on the net, if you notice carefully enough you will see there is a lot of aliasing which means firstly they are PS2 screenshots and resolutions are small, so when you see them on your pc screens with decent resolution, they will be amazing, but I like cricket 2005 graphics more than BLIC especially player models, but then again I think this would matter only from close shots, which is how most of the screenshots are from Cricket 2005 yet released anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread