April 2 - India v Sri Lanka - The Final!

Discussion in 'ICC Cricket World Cup 2011' started by AbhishekS, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Kabooka International Cricketer

National Team:
    India
    Yup the Aussies were almost undefeatable (& gave us the most unexciting cricket to watch). But even then we got trumped on most of the occasions by South Africa, Sri Lanka & Pakistan. Also I feel that Yuvraj, Zaheer and Bhajji are now playing better than ever.

2. harishankar International Cricketer

harishankar
    National Team:
    India
    Domestic Team:
    South Zone / Tamil Nadu / CSK
    Ganguly's team allowed the present generation to dream of a WC win. Before that World Cup it was mostly pessimistic attitude. Since that WC, people have been optimistic, despite the 2007 fiasco.

It wouldn't be wrong to say that Ganguly-John Wright combo laid the foundation of the present team. They instilled the right winning attitude.

Before Ganguly's captaincy stint, Indian cricket was not doing all that well if I remember right.

3. chiranjitpathak School Cricketer

chiranjitpathak
    AKA:
    CHIRA
    National Team:
    India
    Domestic Team:
    Chennai Super kings
    Agreed with harishankar . Along with Ganguly-Wright pair i think Greg Chappell played a important it was under him Dhoni was nurtured .

4. Kabooka International Cricketer

National Team:
    India
    As much as I can remember Greg Chappel did lead to the downfall of Ganguly as well. Not to mention he had a sickening "I am the master of the Universe" attitude. From what I can see this theory is highly flawed because according to it Kris Srikanth becomes the best captain as S.Tendulkar was nurtured under him & Azhar the second best as Ganguly, Kambli, Dravid & Laxman were all brought into the team under his tenure as a skipper.