• yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • no

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

shery_rsa

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Are England Still Looking Team of 80`s.Bcoz they still don`t use first fifteen overs,where fielders are inside the circle.

Last edited:

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
shery_rsa said:
Are England Still Looking Team of 80`s.Bcoz they still don`t use first fifteen overs,where fielders are inside the circle.
might be something to do with the fact that they think their test players can adapt to the odi format like ducks to water

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
They are missing the aggressive opener to take advantage of the first 15 overs. A Flintoff or Trescothick would have done the trick. Loye was good too when he opened in the CBS at getting England away to a flyer.

karnog

International Cricketer
I think England are too defensive- they probably adopt the same strategies for both Test and ODIs. Maybe they are trying to emulate the success from the 80s (um well the 80s were dominated by the WI...). Loye was a good addition to the team... a bit old but England played a hell of a lot better when he was around. I think they got their order stuffed- should've been pieterson 3, bell 4, collinwood 5. Openers should've been Strauss and Vaughan (or Loye if he was in the squad or any other aggressive opener). They're missing the class of trescothick. When he played, england became a dangerous side. Same with Strauss but he's out of form.

D

Deleted member 11215

the whole problem is the england side cant pace an innings when we should speed up we settle. then for the last 5 overs we rely on certain players too much.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
You're joking right? Are you forgetting, oh... I dunno, Kevin Pietersen?! Didn't you see him against Australia?
Collingwood is a good tributor but Pietersen's batting is the sole of the team!
His very much in a Brian Lara predicamount at the moment.

I dunno if Loye in the squad would've helped matters much at all. He would've just hit two or three aggressive shots and at most that only acchieves 18 runs.
He can play one incredible shot and that's what his technique basis himself on and disables him from varying his strokes which brings to his downfall and it ends up wasting some overs anyway from not ticking the scoreboard along at all. He also seems very vorunable outside of the offstump.

I heard you have some guy who smacked 189 in a domestic OD match. Why not give him a shot at International cricket?

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
wfdu_ben91 said:
I heard you have some guy who smacked 189 in a domestic OD match. Why not give him a shot at International cricket?

Well it's his only hundred, and he's very inexperienced. That would by like picking anyone for just one big innings. Loye was good because in most games we would end up 50-1 off 10 overs, which is far better than being 9-1 off 8 overs. And not to mention Loye was dropped after his best innings.

I'm not saying Loye is the answer, because it may just be too late for him, but we need someone similar.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Our player don't play enough OD Cricket. Look at the side and those who have played plenty in county cricket over the last few years. Collingwood and Bopara, and what good jobs they have done. Tells it's own story really.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
england are more of a test side, they need to get rid of a fw of the players from odi cricket then bring in se new players or bring back some of the county cricketers that have played or england like solanki

Users who are viewing this thread