SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer
I know it was stated but would be handy if the excel sheet was shared so I could input and do some testing. I might not be good to adjust sliders but can atleast provide feedback on what you are using.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I know it was stated but would be handy if the excel sheet was shared so I could input and do some testing. I might not be good to adjust sliders but can atleast provide feedback on what you are using.
Great news, thanks for that.

The plan is to get it live this week, if I can manage it. What you're suggesting is what the plan is, we're just not quite there yet.

Soon tho, hopefully :)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
G'day all. I mentioned I'd share my experimenting of custom sliders. Few things to keep in mind that these are, naturally subjective, to my liking. This is also for First Class/Test Cricket only. In terms of other formats, I'm pretty happy with default settings barring a few AI, bowling changes.

Edit: I should add, I've tried this on hard, medium dry, standard and grassy pitches. Soft pitches not sure about. Pretty consistent results all around. Another edit: I'm not sure if I'm in the right thread @Rumple43

Here are my slider settings:

Settings:

Settings.png

AI:

AI.png

Bowling:

Bowling.png

Batting:

Batting1.png Batting2.png

Fielding:

Fielding.png

Physics:

Physics.png Physics2.png

I've also included a video showing some batting and bowling, from career mode only as that's what I mainly play. A few things to keep in mind, this was before the small patch tonight (20/12) so not sure if that has impacted gameplay with custom settings.

I've also forgotten to add some spin gameplay but from what I've experienced is mainly positive; variety in ball types, spin and drift. Although there is the occasional run of wides. If it happens too much I turn down the spin drift and turn sliders a fraction (generally anything over 65 equals wonky AI.

In the video, my bowling is fast-medium, and when batting the bowler is a medium pacer (faster bowlers are quicker.) There are occasions where my bowling seems too quick and I found any further adjustments to bowling visual speed pace meant the AI bowled slower, so I have to live with looking like I bowl quicker than Shoab Akhtar ;) .

Edit: Found a short video of a few spin deliveries from a left are wrist spinner:

My goal is to try and replicate the day 0 release feel. But also speed up the bowling as by default AI bowl slower than a snail pushing a rock. I also found with these settings that driving the ball is a bit more satisfying than default settings as well. Setting AI bowling quality to 90 pretty much mitigated the leg side bowling to left handers issue entirely as well.

While its not perfect by any means, my enjoyment for the game has increased quite a bit which is a win for me regardless, as a game should be - fun.

Anyway, thanks for having a read/watch. Hopefully this helps or guides people a bit in terms of the sliders in-game.

Last edited:

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
G'day all. I mentioned I'd share my experimenting of custom sliders. Few things to keep in mind that these are, naturally subjective, to my liking. This is also for First Class/Test Cricket only. In terms of other formats, I'm pretty happy with default settings barring a few AI, bowling changes.

Edit: I should add, I've tried this on hard, medium dry, standard and grassy pitches. Soft pitches not sure about. Pretty consistent results all around. Another edit: I'm not sure if I'm in the right thread @Rumple43

Here are my slider settings:

Settings:

View attachment 259745

AI:

View attachment 259752

Bowling:

View attachment 259751

Batting:

View attachment 259750 View attachment 259749

Fielding:

View attachment 259748

Physics:

View attachment 259747 View attachment 259746

I've also included a video showing some batting and bowling, from career mode only as that's what I mainly play. A few things to keep in mind, this was before the small patch tonight (20/12) so not sure if that has impacted gameplay with custom settings.

I've also forgotten to add some spin gameplay but from what I've experienced is mainly positive; variety in ball types, spin and drift. Although there is the occasional run of wides. If it happens too much I turn down the spin drift and turn sliders a fraction (generally anything over 65 equals wonky AI.

In the video, my bowling is fast-medium, and when batting the bowler is a medium pacer (faster bowlers are quicker.) There are occasions where my bowling seems too quick and I found any further adjustments to bowling visual speed pace meant the AI bowled slower, so I have to live with looking like I bowl quicker than Shoab Akhtar ;) .

Edit: Found a short video of a few spin deliveries from a left are wrist spinner:

My goal is to try and replicate the day 0 release feel. But also speed up the bowling as by default AI bowl slower than a snail pushing a rock. I also found with these settings that driving the ball is a bit more satisfying than default settings as well. Setting AI bowling quality to 90 pretty much mitigated the leg side bowling to left handers issue entirely as well.

While its not perfect by any means, my enjoyment for the game has increased quite a bit which is a win for me regardless, as a game should be - fun.

Anyway, thanks for having a read/watch. Hopefully this helps or guides people a bit in terms of the sliders in-game.
You are indeed in the right place, and thanks for sharing. As stated in the initial post, this project won't have all the answers, and sliders are still a pretty individual thing. No wrong answers, and all that.

I've added a link to your post to the first post so people can find it when looking sliders up.

Cheers bud.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Yep, certainly agree on that, that something we can have a go at with striker skill influence etc yes? Really make those with lower attributes feel hard to bat with or time things.
Yes, in theory, but Wealey has his low and high skill striker influence at 1 I believe so can't really go much lower to make it have an impact.

Broad hung around but didn't score, Anderson and Robinson didn't do much, and Woakes is handy with the bat. Looks alright to me but I know what you mean @WealeyH.

I've just started my own test, playing in Kolkata. I'm India, AI are England. Dusty, Medium pitch, with light cracks. Made a line up where I've got 3 spinners, England have 2 plus Root. Won the toss and batted.

1640011747065.png
1640011760539.png
Bit too much seam, but Archer had success at least. His extra pace is just tough to catch up with, have to be more careful. I was late on a drive with both wickets and feathered them through to Buttler.

There's turn on offer for both spinners, had to be watchful with those. See if I can get up to 250+

As an aside, has anyone seen the quicker ball from the spinners? It feels a bit too quick. Too much of a disparity between the regular stocks balls and that quicker flatter one.

Not sure which slider to edit for that one, if there is even an answer for it?

Tracerbullet

School Cricketer
Yes, in theory, but Wealey has his low and high skill striker influence at 1 I believe so can't really go much lower to make it have an impact.

Broad hung around but didn't score, Anderson and Robinson didn't do much, and Woakes is handy with the bat. Looks alright to me but I know what you mean @WealeyH.

I've just started my own test, playing in Kolkata. I'm India, AI are England. Dusty, Medium pitch, with light cracks. Made a line up where I've got 3 spinners, England have 2 plus Root. Won the toss and batted.

View attachment 259769
View attachment 259770
Bit too much seam, but Archer had success at least. His extra pace is just tough to catch up with, have to be more careful. I was late on a drive with both wickets and feathered them through to Buttler.

There's turn on offer for both spinners, had to be watchful with those. See if I can get up to 250+

As an aside, has anyone seen the quicker ball from the spinners? It feels a bit too quick. Too much of a disparity between the regular stocks balls and that quicker flatter one.

Not shink u shud lower spin bounce slider

View attachment 259769
View attachment 259770

I feel u shud lower spin bowling bounce...not sure just try

Wealey

ICC Board Member

View attachment 259769
View attachment 259770

Wack up flight and more disparity between max and min pace and spin because a nightmare…

Broad hung around cos I was solely blocking with him. They almost need a edge multiplier!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Wack up flight and more disparity between max and min pace and spin because a nightmare…

Broad hung around cos I was solely blocking with him. They almost need a edge multiplier!
Makes sense.

I mean, you'd like to think there could be one ball an over from a spinner that's got your name on it, so that kinda figures. I've faced 6 overs of spin so far and not fallen to it, though I have had a few late misses that fortunately were missing the stumps.

You'd just like that one magic ball per over to be a genuine ripper that does a bit more, not just a cheap one that zips out of the hand way quicker than you can react!

caprikaps

Club Captain
A thoroughly entertaining test which came down to this unexpected chase.

I was mostly the favourite to win this, until the AI pulled a miracle on Day 4 and chased down 317 like a walk in the park.

Happening too often, scripted?

PS - it was a green top with the ball doing much and turning as well. The edges were always placed in the gaps.

Attachments

• EB5E42B4-BA49-44A4-A1C6-F394CE82D970.jpeg
    EB5E42B4-BA49-44A4-A1C6-F394CE82D970.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 21

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Yes its far too quick - its the bounce modifier, and it still says 56/57mph etc but comes down like a Starc inswinging yorker - you have to watch for it carefully and basically defend - any way we can fix this?

Nice looking card there, youve dug in after the early setbacks.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
A thoroughly entertaining test which came down to this unexpected chase.

I was mostly the favourite to win this, until the AI pulled a miracle on Day 4 and chased down 317 like a walk in the park.

Happening too often, scripted?

PS - it was a green top with the ball doing much and turning as well. The edges were always placed in the gaps.
Yeah I’m not a fan of it and dispels Ross claim of pitch west over the 5 days influencing the game!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Yeah I’m not a fan of it and dispels Ross claim of pitch west over the 5 days influencing the game!
Agreed to all the last few message. Once we are 100% that sliders are being updated mid-match, I can see some numbers getting worked on to nuke the AI's ability to do this!

RDB3

Club Cricketer

View attachment 259769
View attachment 259770

View attachment 259769
View attachment 259770

I had the same problem. Spinners quicker ball is way to fast. Lower your Spin bounce slider mine is set to 60.

Users who are viewing this thread