SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I lost the toss and they correctly put me in.

72/4 at lunch, a really good battle of a session, two bowleds (one played on) when i chose the wrong shot, two caught behind from spin when i timed late, and as you can see, its spinning sharply already....

1639788327671.png

Some early thoughts:

- Skidding on nicely
- Spin is sharp early, likely a combo of the dustiness in the pitch and spin revs 30
- Im being rewarded for my ideal shots due to the increase in this slider, some gorgeous drives through the covers
- Im glad i dont have to bat last on this because if it does deteriorate and add to this already high level of turn - good luck
- The game in general is far better now, much better fielding, much more like it

Felt like a really realistic session of cricket - need to dig in after lunch when i pick this up tomorrow, think id take 200/220 now as a first innings with these settings.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Working on my own sliders atm. Here's some spin bowling (I'm batting in career mode):

Still fiddling around, trying to mitigate wides.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I lost the toss and they correctly put me in.

72/4 at lunch, a really good battle of a session, two bowleds (one played on) when i chose the wrong shot, two caught behind from spin when i timed late, and as you can see, its spinning sharply already....

View attachment 259587

Some early thoughts:

- Skidding on nicely
- Spin is sharp early, likely a combo of the dustiness in the pitch and spin revs 30
- Im being rewarded for my ideal shots due to the increase in this slider, some gorgeous drives through the covers
- Im glad i dont have to bat last on this because if it does deteriorate and add to this already high level of turn - good luck
- The game in general is far better now, much better fielding, much more like it

Felt like a really realistic session of cricket - need to dig in after lunch when i pick this up tomorrow, think id take 200/220 now as a first innings with these settings.
that bounce looks atrocious for day one anywhere

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Cricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.18 - 14.24.30.93.png

We fought hard but that first innings deficit and following on ultimately was too much!
I wanted to create a good batting pitch and for my ability its pretty spot on. Australia racked up a big one like you would hope when you win the toss and bat first in OZ and then they put the pressure on.
When i batted if i concentrated run scould come but at the same time I couldnt just mess about otherwise the wicket would come.
Im still not convinced that you can make a tailender a proper tailender even with the skill sliders. Im sure they dont even work and you seem to get some wierd kinda boost when 8/9/10/11 come in at times.
However smashing up the OK edge influence up sorted them out haha! (Thats the best way to make them struggle, unless you time the pants off everything.

My batting sliders are below but again this is for me but feel free to give it a go... My edge sliders are less than @Rumple43 which would make sense as his if for a trickier pitch!

All in all with the match finishing on Lunch at Day 5 it felt "realistic"

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.18 - 14.26.18.42.pngCricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.18 - 14.26.25.30.png

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
View attachment 259633

We fought hard but that first innings deficit and following on ultimately was too much!
I wanted to create a good batting pitch and for my ability its pretty spot on. Australia racked up a big one like you would hope when you win the toss and bat first in OZ and then they put the pressure on.
When i batted if i concentrated run scould come but at the same time I couldnt just mess about otherwise the wicket would come.
Im still not convinced that you can make a tailender a proper tailender even with the skill sliders. Im sure they dont even work and you seem to get some wierd kinda boost when 8/9/10/11 come in at times.
However smashing up the OK edge influence up sorted them out haha! (Thats the best way to make them struggle, unless you time the pants off everything.

My batting sliders are below but again this is for me but feel free to give it a go... My edge sliders are less than @Rumple43 which would make sense as his if for a trickier pitch!

All in all with the match finishing on Lunch at Day 5 it felt "realistic"

View attachment 259635View attachment 259636
Thanks for sharing these mate. It's my hope that before I clock off for Christmas (unsure I'll be about much until January), I can create v1 of the excel sheet for people to use and start testing sliders and settings for.

These will of course help inform what the Excel sheets should contain.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Or i could just play some poor shots, collapse, and let them build a lead already at the end of day one.

Yep, think ill do that instead...

1639846992717.png

Some nice catches to the keeper and gully, from shots i only timed "ok" and with the extra penalty in the edge chance in these sliders for that timing, boy did i suffer.

Long day in the field in day two coming up unless i can strike back!

At least it was lovely to see big Rahkeem look as massive in the game as he is in real life.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Or i could just play some poor shots, collapse, and let them build a lead already at the end of day one.

View attachment 259639

Some nice catches to the keeper and gully, from shots i only timed "ok" and with the extra penalty in the edge chance in these sliders for that timing, boy did i suffer.

At least it was lovely to see big Rahkeem look as massive in the game as he is in real life.

what do you have the AI set to for this mate? As in timing wicket chance etc..

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

View attachment 259639

That's an interesting score card, mainly because the AI made it to about 150-200 in both innings I played, but they look set for a big total there.

With their wicket chance still being pretty high, they must just be having a good game.

Keep us posted!

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Right, I'll stick these here and link them on the first post, as they could use some testing to see how others find them.

Difficulty is always going to be subjective. I am under no illusions that some people are better at this game than me. Some will be worst. I'm more interested in how realistic/authentic the game looks on a certain type of pitch.

@WealeyH to these settings
Post automatically merged:

Right, I'll stick these here and link them on the first post, as they could use some testing to see how others find them.

Difficulty is always going to be subjective. I am under no illusions that some people are better at this game than me. Some will be worst. I'm more interested in how realistic/authentic the game looks on a certain type of pitch.

View attachment 259529

Some of these sliders will be user preference, and as such can be kept at whatever your current default value is. Timing is a good example, don't mess with your own timing window if you've altered it in any way. That will just throw you off and lead to a disappointing time.

The following sliders are the important ones to keep constant to try and replicate what I was playing, with some minor commentary on each:

• The 4 AI sliders - These govern how often AI wickets will fall, how the AI bats and bowls, and how fast they score (under 3.5RPO, I'd expect, if not under 3RPO)
  • Shot timing difficulty - The idea is to narrow the batter's margin for error with timing (i.e. make batting more difficult). The early and late timing windows haven't been touched, just the potential penalty for being in those windows with your shot.
  • Foot placement difficulty - Again, increases the penalty for poor batting. Use your feet.
  • Ideal input power boost - Good shots are rewarded. Time a shot, it'll go to the boundary. Not everything will though.
  • All edge sliders - Good inputs will rarely if ever bring an edge, but the ok and poor inputs are increased. This is where the balance tips to the ball rather than the bat. Also, I've played around with the low striker and high striker sliders to try and create proper tail enders, and show a more noticeable difference using establish batters compared to lower order/tail enders.
  • All physics sliders, obviously! Most bowlers will threaten the stumps. Balls will move off the seam, they will swing as well. The spinners will get a bit, though not a lot. I can't recall seeing a bouncer clear the keeper at any stage for byes either.
As mentioned, some sliders can be your choice. Fielding is a good example, as is bowling difficulty. I prefer some narrow windows for bowling, otherwise it's too easy to just pound out ideal ideal balls over and over again.

I've put my umpiring sliders in, as I've had a little play with these, but I want to try and find some real world data on batter/bowler decision challenges and their success levels.

I'm starting to get a reasonable understanding for sliders and their impact now, so if you have any questions just shoot a DM over or drop something in here, myself or @WealeyH will pick it up.

So there you go. For reference, I'm on a standard PS4, in case it makes a difference. I played at Old Trafford, though I doubt the stadium matters.

To be clear, these sliders aren't the finished product. With more testing, they may prove to be fairly wide of the mark in places. That's the point of putting them online.

All I can say is that for my own skill level, I tried to set up a difficult, bowler friendly grassy pitch. In the game I had, I largely succeeded.

Let me know how you get on if you try them, all input is good input as we keep this project going.
@WealeyH to these settings

Users who are viewing this thread