Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there any way (and, indeed, is there any benefit) of doing that right now?
I suspect not. :)

Yeh....no point doing that now. Its way too early. And anyways, once you guys start showing off the gameplay vids etc, the differences will be evident.

Anyways, any news when we would get the podcast :)!!! Cant wait so see how you have implemented move controls. I just hope its 1:1 implementation.....as frankly when you see the PS Move, it has Cricket written all over it. Street Cricket had implemented the move excellently, but the tennis ball gameplay kinda lagged behind. Having the same (or better) controls with a proper cricket game would be a dream come true :)!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Yeh....no point doing that now. Its way too early. And anyways, once you guys start showing off the gameplay vids etc, the differences will be evident.

Anyways, any news when we would get the podcast :)!!! Cant wait so see how you have implemented move controls. I just hope its 1:1 implementation.....as frankly when you see the PS Move, it has Cricket written all over it. Street Cricket had implemented the move excellently, but the tennis ball gameplay kinda lagged behind. Having the same (or better) controls with a proper cricket game would be a dream come true :)!

Oh boy. You are NOT going to enjoy the podcast. :noway

guna24

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm struggling to follow this. What exactly are you saying that will fail? Women playing sports or women playing games? Or wait, women playing sports games?

All about i suggested to not concentrate on women cricket to implement in the game since women prefer to play with men:lol. As you said before it will not be your palns but still If you try to implement the women sport game (even it for cricket or football) alone then it will be going to be epic fail. we all need you to concentrate on gameplay. Some points i cannot say it directly since my GF and sis could also access the planetcricket forum

Last edited:

RobinHood

Club Cricketer

From my point of view the sooner motion controls go away the better, they don't add anything that buttons cant and the technology just isn't good enough. I hate it when developers waste time and resources on this rubbish, so good on you if you stick to good old fashioned buttons. :)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
From my point of view the sooner motion controls go away the better, they don't add anything that buttons cant and the technology just isn't good enough. I hate it when developers waste time and resources on this rubbish, so good on you if you stick to good old fashioned buttons. :)

You, Sir, will enjoy the podcast more...

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Well some don't, but they are probably a minority.

Girls and cricket, what more could a man want.
Anyway, mattw any chance u will go see ashes 2013
Like u did for ic2010. Maybe talk with chief.:spy

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer

Couldn't have said it better. When I play video/console games I am generally relaxing on my couch, occasionally with buddies, and with beer around. I don't want to stand up and replicate batting/bowling etc. in my living room. If I wanted to do that I would probably go out and play the real thing. Focus should be on button & analog stick based controls and not PS Move/Kinect/Wii Motion controller etc.

angad

Chairman of Consent

:(

Well I do agree that motion controls are just, well, gimmicky and 95% of the time we would be sitting on the couch and playing with a normal controller. However, motion controls do add a new variety in gameplay, specially in a game like cricket, for which a motion controller like PS move seems tailor made. It can add a new element to the gameplay and a totally different experience all together. But I do agree that implementation of motion controls should be secondary to all other aspects of the game like presentation, gameplay, visuals, variety in modes, options for customization etc, however, I do believe that either you do not include any motion controls, or if you do, you do it in a proper way. Having motion controls in a 'cricket' game where you dont have total control over the movement of the bat is, well, more gimmicky than the gimmick of motion controls itself.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Will the game support directx11 and be graphically pleasing? I just can't bring myself to play games these days with dated graphics.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...I hope the game is aurally pleasing.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..