Ashes Cricket 2013 Key Features Announced

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Would you be willing to give some info why this is such a hard thing to implement so that we can understand....?

It was "Such an easy thing to add" that raised my eyebrow. There really are NO easy adds. :)

A system like that, with hundreds of different combinations of types of match, match order, teams, stadiums etc... It would need a huge amount of testing and would be incredibly labour intensive.
As always, it's about priorities: when the user has it within their power to play individual matches and make up their OWN tour with just a teensy bit of imagination, do you want to spend all that labour making it more convenient for them or would that time be better spent elsewhere?

In the past that's why it's always been low on the priority list, and it may well prove thus this time too. It's not quite down there with seagulls on the outfield mind. :-)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It was "Such an easy thing to add" that raised my eyebrow. There really are NO easy adds. :)

A system like that, with hundreds of different combinations of types of match, match order, teams, stadiums etc... It would need a huge amount of testing and would be incredibly labour intensive.
As always, it's about priorities: when the user has it within their power to play individual matches and make up their OWN tour with just a teensy bit of imagination, do you want to spend all that labour making it more convenient for them or would that time be better spent elsewhere?

In the past that's why it's always been low on the priority list, and it may well prove thus this time too. It's not quite down there with seagulls on the outfield mind. :-)
Definitely bear it in mind for a future edition though. That is the sort of thing where stat tracking would come into its own.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Definitely bear it in mind for a future edition though. That is the sort of thing where stat tracking would come into its own.

It's definitely in mind. PINKY SWEAR.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Thanks for answering anyway chief, it's something a lot of us would love.:clap
Ok next small question, do you have nets in ashes 2013, it's not in bigants game.:noway

----------

What the? A good post from 79cricket. :eek:

It's a question I have asked on a couple of occasions for both games. And it's been avoided every time. :noway
Can't see why they would keep that feature as a surprise, so it's looking like a no. Such an easy to add thing too. Would give this game a lot of replay value to me. Especially if eng and aus are as easy to win against as the last game.

Thanks Mr Gone4aduck, yes this idea is not mine it's everyones.:thumbs

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Side note: I'm currently flipping between the England game and an intense discussion about the European economy.

When you're doing that, you really have to remember that there are two "ECBs", and try and keep track of which ECB is which.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
When it comes to Ashes13 and BigAnt, and the people on these forums, the ECB stands for "Expecting Cricket Breakthroughs."

Nobody in the history of sports gaming has ever needed a decent cricket game so much - and has waited for so long.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Are you saying we can set up tournaments with a combination of all formats for ourselves?

Users who are viewing this thread