Asia Cup 2018 - UAE (September 2018)

Who do you think will win the Asia Cup 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Are you watching or following the match right now??

An associate Nation is destroying us here. We can't even take a single wicket. Pandya and Bumrah are not going to change anything when we go up against an in form and talented Pak team
I was talking about our batting unit versus Pakistan which can save us tomorrow by putting up a huge total if we bat first which we should. I've no hope when it comes to our bowling after today's match, very unpredictable and depressing to see when in reality they've been our driving force in recent times.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Probably a reason why teams like Hong Kong and other talented associate nations should be apart of the WC event? Look what they can produce.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Anshuman Rath is a special talent for sure and still only 20! A shame that Mark Chapman left them opting for New Zealand instead, together they could have been the poster boys for Hong Kongese cricket. This team with a bit of help can go far off the back of displays like this.
Target is still a big ask but yet another massive statement by an associate nation!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Come on HK ... Don't let these guys off the hook now

El Loco

ENG....
Two new batsmen at the crease looks all but over now, would've loved to see Nizakat score a century.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am really liking what I'm watching of Khaleel Ahmed in the last 2 overs he has bowled, including that wicket he took of Nizakat. Very Starc'ish action from Khaleel.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Two quick wickets and we will win this but gotta give some credit to these guys who have batted very well.
Not too far now.. well played HK, you made a mark but we gotta win. :p It's great to see such a team completely dominating a team like India and would've loved to see them beat a top team but.. not India. In the end I'd be selfish when it comes to our nation and not digest a loss even if it means Shastri continues for a while. Who's going to give in writing that if we lose this one Shastri quits? It's not going to happen until the end of WC 2019 so it makes no sense wishing we lose pretty much every match just so Shastri leaves.

El Loco

ENG....
I am really liking what I'm watching of Khaleel Ahmed in the last 2 overs he has bowled, including that wicket he took of Nizakat. Very Starc'ish action from Khaleel.
Despite the strong seam attack India been lacking a consistent left arm option of late especially since Nehra retired. Looking like a strong candidate to fill those boots so far.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Despite the strong seam attack India been lacking a consistent left arm option of late especially since Nehra retired. Looking like a strong candidate to fill those boots so far.

True. A left armer always brings that uncomfortable angle and becomes tougher when you have a right-left mix on the seam attack. Obviously the left armer has to bowl in the right areas and with good speed and all. From the early signs, Khaleel looks promising. He can be given the rope ahead of the likes of Shardul Thakur, who does not seem to learn at all and gives no hope whatsoever even if he picks those rare wickets here and there.

With the likes of Khaleel and Deepak Chahar, India should soon build a second line of seamers.

El Loco

ENG....
True. A left armer always brings that uncomfortable angle and becomes tougher when you have a right-left mix on the seam attack. Obviously the left armer has to bowl in the right areas and with good speed and all. From the early signs, Khaleel looks promising. He can be given the rope ahead of the likes of Shardul Thakur, who does not seem to learn at all and gives no hope whatsoever even if he picks those rare wickets here and there.

With the likes of Khaleel and Deepak Chahar, India should soon build a second line of seamers.
Yup adding some welcome variety bolsters the bowling roster for sure. Such is the dearth of southpaws for India, the experiments with Unadkat and Barinder Sran didn't last very long and the only other guy that comes to mind off the top of the head is Rush Kalaria.
In stark contrast lefties in the Pakistan camp are a dime a dozen.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What a show put up by HK.

And they have ensured now that our team will be completely fatigued, physically and mentally before the take the field again in less than 16 hours.

It will be hard to leave Khaleel out of the game after such a spirited performance today. But I think it will be Bumrah, Bhuvi, Kuldeep and Chahal with Pandya and Kedar sharing the remaining 10 overs

On the batting front, Rahul will come in for DK

Rohit
Dhawan
Rahul
Rayudu

Dhoni
Jadhav
Pandya

Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah

The tail as always will be too long. We really miss the batting ability of Ashwin/jadeja with kuldeep and chahal

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It would be sad to see Hardik Pandya replace Khaleel tomorrow. The guy bowled with a lot of heart and got good rewards for his debut game. He was the one who started the collapse today of Hong Kong who threatened a massive upset at one stage.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
He can be given the rope ahead of the likes of Shardul Thakur, who does not seem to learn at all and gives no hope whatsoever even if he picks those rare wickets here and there.

It's painful to see guys like Shardul playing at the national level. Like, is this really the best we have got as the no. 2 odi team (arguably)

I hope we see the last of him this series.. What exactly is his claim to fame in any case? Was he really outstanding in domestic?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
What a show put up by HK.

And they have ensured now that our team will be completely fatigued, physically and mentally before the take the field again in less than 16 hours.

It will be hard to leave Khaleel out of the game after such a spirited performance today. But I think it will be Bumrah, Bhuvi, Kuldeep and Chahal with Pandya and Kedar sharing the remaining 10 overs

On the batting front, Rahul will come in for DK

DK got runs today but he struggled. I feel DK has lost his confidence after his horror show in England in the first 2 tests and his subsequent dropping from the team for the last 3 tests. The DK in display before the England series and after the England series, shows a very negative picture. I have a feeling he needs a mentor who can lift his mental spirits. Its too early to close his chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread