Asia Cup 2022 - Sri Lanka (UAE)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it just me or did anyone else get the impression that India played as if they had qualified for the finals before the tournament began?

They were definitely surprised by the intensity that the Sri Lankan side showed today. Gotta say I underestimated them too and we all paid the price for it. Mendis as an opener in T20s is completely different gravy indeed.

AJ MODS

National Board President
India
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Is it just me or did anyone else get the impression that India played as if they had qualified for the finals before the tournament began?
I guess they qualified after 1st win buddy
So they rested dk, bishnoi now and axar deepak were bench strength for them

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sri Lanka really playing like the team regardless of not having a Babar, Kohli, Rohit Sharma-esque figure in the side. Magical - definitely a solid contender for the cup.

Literally sat updating Cricinfo on the train back from work until the last bowl - ended up watching the game on Tiktok because someone had a live stream with the phone pointed on to the TV screen

Although - I will say I was right. I said Chahal would be special in this match and I was right - it was a pitch designed for him and the experience is the only reason India took it down to the last over. Arshdeep is an exceptional death bowler - those yorkers were really good. Had Bhuvi given him 10-12 to defend I would have put my money on him.

Bhuvi - what happened to not being predictable? He did the same thing in the 19th over against Pakistan and the same thing again - being predictable at mid-130 is not going to win you the crunch moments, especially on the Australian pitches. If you are going to play him - bowl him out before 15 overs.
Post automatically merged:

Also - credit to Rohit Sharma, without him SL would be chasing 140 odd

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think India still have a little chance to go through to the final.
If Pakistan beat Afghanistan on Wednesday.
They will face Sri Lanka in Sunday’s final and knock India out.
Afghanistan can do India and beat Pakistan then India will have to beat the Afghanistan on Thursday to have any chance of reaching the final.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The WT20 was always going to be happen.

But the mauka of having the extra game in Asia cup is gone.

That too the final of the tournament.

So no mauka no money.
Flip side is that there'll be more hype for WC, because it’s 1-1 now

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
KL Rahul to come all guns blazing next match . Just like he played last WC against AFG NAM & last stage IPL matches :eyesrolling:

With India almost out of the tournament, expect him to lead and Rohit to take a break. Irrespective of whether he leads or not, he won't come out all guns blazing.
Another great game! Lots of holes within the Indian setup that needs plugging before the T20 World Cup (although hopefully the conditions in Australia will have a good balance between defending a total and chasing a total

Pant needs to be dropped for the WC. If they need a left hander in the mix, I would bring in Ishan Kishan. He can also open the innings with Rohit and that gives us the license to keep Rahul out and play DK.

India needs to get it's selection right and play the closest XI that'd take field in Australia. We have been dilly dallying with the line up ever since Dravid took over. Even now, the presence of KL and VK is drawing a lot of criticism.

Pant- needs to go. Make DK the 1st choice keeper for limited overs. Pant has had his chances and he's blown them.
So Star would be most disappointed now.

No 3rd India - Pakistan match after all the hype.

:D
Star and it's ads- always been India's Achilles heel!
Spot on. We were highly over confident and to an extent still are.

Users who are viewing this thread