Australia A in Pakistan

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Of course Timmy would have been considered. But even he can't fit into the Aussie A squad! Ummm...He is an opener and I think the selectors wanted to have a direct duel between Jaques and Rogers for that opening position in the next series.

And yes, Ronchi is a good batsman-keeper. I dont know why Brad Haddin isn't in this team, a surprise really, or is he injured?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Paine only just became a regular for Tassie and he did have his keeping duties taken away from him mid way though I think it was. So opening batter wise it was always going to be Rogers and Jaques.

Haddin is fine, I think they just wanted to give Ronchi a go overseas.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Hmmm I see. Well, that must feel good for Ronchi, knowing that he is on the selectors minds. Imagine, another WA player for Aus;) His hundred earlier this year at the WACA was stunning.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Of course Timmy would have been considered. But even he can't fit into the Aussie A squad! Ummm...He is an opener and I think the selectors wanted to have a direct duel between Jaques and Rogers for that opening position in the next series.

And yes, Ronchi is a good batsman-keeper. I dont know why Brad Haddin isn't in this team, a surprise really, or is he injured?

Paine only just became a regular for Tassie and he did have his keeping duties taken away from him mid way though I think it was. So opening batter wise it was always going to be Rogers and Jaques.

Haddin is fine, I think they just wanted to give Ronchi a go overseas.

Is Paine not good enough as a keeper then?
He did looked tidy in the A game against England.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah, he's OK. I think he could improve. If he does, he could be a valuable Opener/Keeper! But I don't know just yet.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
It'll be nice to see how many MacGilla gorilla spins over.

I thought that Hussey or Rogers would've got the captaincy. Suprised by that decision.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Is Paine not good enough as a keeper then?
He did looked tidy in the A game against England.

From what I've heard hes handy with the gloves but can use some improvement.
If anything he'll get in on his batting alone, Ronchi could well be the next Gilly so the selectors might just go for the direct swap.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
By all observations, Paine is a talented keeper and a talented opening batsman, but struggles for match fitness when doing both.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Cmon Dizzy! The first person to be dropped after making a double century is coming back!!!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah, I dont think he will play Tests again. Well, good luck Dizzy I hope he proves the selectors wrong. Thats if he plays.

cricketmad09

International Coach
I wouldn't mind trying Cullen and Bailey together. We all know what MacGill can do. If not that then Bailey and MacGill so Bailey can learn.

I wouldnt have those 2 in the same team for SA, let alone Australia A. Give a fast bowler a chance. Somebody who is in the squad based on merit.

Australia have a good A side as expected.

Luke Ronchi is a good batsmen but I like what I saw of Tim Payne when England were in Australia where he opened the batting and kept wicket for the A side (sorry if I'm wrong I thought it was the A side :p).
Wasn't he considered do you think?

Poor form. Stopped making runs, and actually had to give up the gloves to try and get his groove back.

I dont know why Brad Haddin isn't in this team, a surprise really, or is he injured?

He's over in South Africa with the 20/20 squad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread